Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Anyone know if the line-up as currently announced includes acts for the Body and Soul area or are they all still to come in one big announcement a la the Little Big Tent?
    last year they all came in one announcement about 3 weeks before the festival, so i'd say most, if not all, have still to be announced for there.

just saw that The Juan Maclean isn't a live band gig, just a dj set :(

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

last year they all came in one announcement about 3 weeks before the festival, so i'd say most, if not all, have still to be announced for there.
    Yep that's what I thought I remembered from last year alright.

Hopefully that means a few tasty additions still to come...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Unusual this, I just tried to access the Electric Picnic forum and all Im getting is "This account has been suspended." Is anyone else getting this message, what does this mean, maybe the final additions are getting put in place but I have never saw this message before.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Bishop Tummerson :D;):p:o:eek::P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭allybhoy

First time going down this year, really looking forward to it. Just a side note, Im presuming that like Oxegen, you cant bring alcohol from the campsite into the arena? Is this strictly enforced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

allybhoy wrote: »
    First time going down this year, really looking forward to it. Just a side note, Im presuming that like Oxegen, you cant bring alcohol from the campsite into the arena? Is this strictly enforced?

Yeah, there are stops on the way in and they make you bin any alcohol before going in. Just like Oxegen though, it's easy enough to sneak a well concealed can or two in.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jazzzzy

Got accepted as a volunteer - now to somehow manage to arrange my shifts around getting to see The Cure, and I'll be happy!

First time going to the picnic - so excited. I am intrigued as to what the Body and Soul section will be like, as it sounds so unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I cant believe the Antlers are playing. Fuppin delighted!!

EP message board still down, maybe they are booking someone massive like Pink Floyd or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

EP message board still down, maybe they are booking someone massive like Pink Floyd or something.

it's only the forum that's down, not the main site.
    they seem to host the forum in the US, at a different host than the main site. forgot to pay their bills probably.

the real site is hosted at hosting365, on a dedicated server most likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Considering buying tickets to EP after having the best weekend of my life at B&S.
    Just wondering if there will be anywhere like the Jook Joint at EP where you can turn up and dance until the wee hours?
    I'm not too interested in any of the main acts, would much prefer to spend the nights in the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Considering buying tickets to EP after having the best weekend of my life at B&S.
    Just wondering if there will be anywhere like the Jook Joint at EP where you can turn up and dance until the wee hours?
    I'm not too interested in any of the main acts, would much prefer to spend the nights in the woods.

yep there's a rave in the woods till the wee hours

Well it looks like all the EP forum boarders are going to have to migrate to this thread here, which seems to be the only one discussing the festival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Well it looks like all the EP forum boarders are going to have to migrate to this thread here, which seems to be the only one discussing the festival.

In fairness, it's a shíte forum. If it wasn't for one of the posters adding new acts (before they're announced, and day splits) i'd never visit it.

In fairness, it's a shíte forum. If it wasn't for one of the posters adding new acts (before they're announced, and day splits) i'd never visit it.

Yeh, mainly use it for latest updates in music for the bill too, most of the content has become homogenised, like they are justifying middle-agedness and married life, talking about things for their houses and work. Im a unemployed 40 something dude who loves talking about music, but very little music is discussed in the actual forum. The best thread on it basically is "Confirmed for EP."

1 month to go? Lets celebrate by sharing the the CASA BACARDÍ #EP2012 line up.

Francois K;
    Todd Terje;
    Prins Thomas;
    The 2 Bears,
    Darshan Jesrani (Metro Area);
    Optimo;
    Crazy P (Dj);
    The Revenge;
    Space Dimension Controller;
    A-Skillz;
    Stevie G;
    The Drifter;
    Big Dish Go,
    Tu-Ki;
    Steve Manning;
    Mother &
    John Mahon!

We can almost taste the cocktails!

looking forward to Todd Terje, Prins Thomas, Francois K, Space Dimension Controller and The 2 Bears!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Yeh, mainly use it for latest updates in music for the bill too, most of the content has become homogenised, like they are justifying middle-agedness and married life, talking about things for their houses and work. Im a unemployed 40 something dude who loves talking about music, but very little music is discussed in the actual forum. The best thread on it basically is "Confirmed for EP."

Why thank you :D

though i havent updated it in a few days. full line up is due shortly anyway.

loving the Barcardi acts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

looking forward to Todd Terje, Prins Thomas, Francois K, Space Dimension Controller and The 2 Bears!

Great additions to the line up. The 2 Bears and Big Dish go I think yer man from Death in Vegas play with these.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Hi all. Does anyone know how you would go about trying to get a few hours work at one of the food stalls at EP??

• Advertisement

Taz1 wrote: »
    Hi all. Does anyone know how you would go about trying to get a few hours work at one of the food stalls at EP??

Try googling things like Wok N Roll, Pieminister, typical of the food stalls available at festivals etc most of them have their own websites Id say, try emailing some of these about work there.

http://www.woknroll.ie/

http://www.pieminister.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I'm actually looking forward to The Roots. I caught them at the Independence Day celebrations in Philadelphia this year and they were amazeballs.

Can anyone shed any light on why the EP forum is down, its just that its August now and there is gonna be some final additions to the line up, The Log, Shaandy and Sergeant Floyd Pepper have been giving us some invaluable info in the past as regards day splits or bands confirming through their website or myspace.

Can anyone shed any light on why the EP forum is down, its just that its August now and there is gonna be some final additions to the line up, The Log, Shaandy and Sergeant Floyd Pepper have been giving us some invaluable info in the past as regards day splits or bands confirming through their website or myspace.

as mentioned before, it just looks like they forgot to pay the hosting company for the forum (as it seems to be hosted by some company, unlike the main site). i've seen it down a few times before. pretty sure it was down for a few weeks some time last year.
    i doubt it has anything to do with the lineup whatsoever.
    it will probably be back in a few days/next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I want to buy my ticket soon, but not sure if I'll be able to camp with my mates who are buying at a different time.

Do you need to book in groups, so everyone gets the same camping area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

karaokeman wrote: »
    I want to buy my ticket soon, but not sure if I'll be able to camp with my mates who are buying at a different time.

No, camping isn't allocated and all tickets are the same.

Picked up the tent at the weekend, getting excited now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

karaokeman wrote: »

Unless things have changed, you can camp wherever you like once there's space.

So whats the crack?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

forum still down... :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

garrkell wrote: »
    forum still down... :/

It was back up this morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement