Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

Talking to a guy I deal with in work today about Picnic, said he was out last week at Stradbally Hall and they are doing a lot of work "laying roads in the site preparing for the rain"

Not quite sure what he means by that but it sounds good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

maximoose wrote: »
    Talking to a guy I deal with in work today about Picnic, said he was out last week at Stradbally Hall and they are doing a lot of work "laying roads in the site preparing for the rain"

Not quite sure what he means by that but it sounds good :)

Probably means the white plastic (5 - 10mm thick) stuff they lay down as pathways. They had cut back on this in a big way over the last few years, especially in the camp sites. Probably learned what not to do, from the mess that was the Pheonix Park gigs last month.

I'd imagine the final few acts will be announced in a week or two (after Indie and castlepaloza).

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Any chance on a link to somewhere that shows the whole line up confirmed so ar,including all the smaller acts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Probably learned what not to do, from the mess that was the Pheonix Park gigs last month.

I'm hoping the search into the campsite and the security around the campsite is increased as a result of the Phoenix Park thing... what I hope they DON'T do is instead put all the security at the arena entrance which I have a sneaky feeling is probably what will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gatorade237

Any chance of the weekend tickets selling out?
    There hasn't been an EP that has that I know of, but I'm planning on buying the week before. Leave it till the last minute I know but it's a money thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

will there be any more additions to the line up at this stage?

no news on bon Iver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

sporina wrote: »

no news on bon Iver?

Bon Iver are playing the o2 in November, so I doubt there'll be an EP announcement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Any chance of the weekend tickets selling out?
    There hasn't been an EP that has that I know of, but I'm planning on buying the week before. Leave it till the last minute I know but it's a money thing.

With The Killers and Elbow you can just never be too sure.

Hopefully if they do, ticketmaster will still have a few production tickets to go out.

Thankfully I bought my ticket today, so no worries about a possible sell out in my case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

BEll X1 added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

sporina wrote: »

seen this on the EP twitter yoke.

@electricpicnic Are there more acts to be announced?

3 Augep_fb_LP_1_normal.jpg electricpicnic Very soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Well i bought Sunday tickets off ticket master a while ago, not so sure I will be able to go. They deliver them a week before the event? What are my options if I want to sell?

With The Killers playing on the sunday (Elbow too?) I'm guessing there is a good chance 1 day tickets might get sold out. However i'm not looking to make money off the tickets, just want face value!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nelly_Lemon

I havent been at ep for a couple of years, but i heard there were showering facilities in the campsites last year? Would anyone have much details on it? Body conscious so dont wanna get all me bits out in front of everyone...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I havent been at ep for a couple of years, but i heard there were showering facilities in the campsites last year? Would anyone have much details on it? Body conscious so dont wanna get all me bits out in front of everyone...:eek:

The showermobile is at pretty much every festival. You pay a fiver and get your own private compartment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

My god just had a listen on youtube to most of the acts for the little big tent, and its shockingly poor. Last year was 1000 times better. Im 50 50 if I will be going now or not!

Stupid question I'm sure but how do you know which acts are playing at the little big tent? Is there a preliminary timetable on the EP site?

Also, will the Neutronyx stage be there this year? Probably the only reason I'd go.

frantic190 wrote: »
    Bon Iver are playing the o2 in November, so I doubt there'll be an EP announcement.

i know he is playing in november - i was kinda hoping for a late announcement.

the line up is not great for EP this year really is it? There is a lot more room for a few decent dance acts..

i doubt there will be much more of an significance announced now...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Stars100

Hi,

Well I have been looking forward to going to the EP for months...only now my partner and I have split and he intends to hook up with some old friends of his...and I have no one to go with...should I still go alone? :confused:

Its all too short notice for mt friends as I will be flying in from the UK...he is trying to get me to give him my ticket, but I am the one who really wanted to go...argghhhh....I have to see Ben Howard :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

sell him your ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lehla

How easy is it to get from Abbeyleix to Electric Picnic are there buses going or would you have to get taxis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

Any long term forecasts?
    Sunny spells with extended periods of rain and hail like last weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

2 other Irish groups that will be playing at EP 2012 are The Riptide Movement and Trinity Orchestra. Not too sure what day Trinity Orchestra are on but they will most likely open the main stage on the Saturday or the Sunday. Think they will be playing Stevie Wonder covers.

I think the Riptide Movement will be playing on the Cosby stage at some point on the Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Young Wonder are will be playing one of the Body and Soul stages on the Saturday too
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=332825966804227&set=a.222873387799486.56495.181370401949785&type=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Also, will the Neutronyx stage be there this year? Probably the only reason I'd go.
    You'd pay 200 euro and change to see few hours of psytrance at a tiny stage in the woods?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

He's going for a good time, not a long time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Pace2008 wrote: »
    You'd pay 200 euro and change to see few hours of psytrance at a tiny stage in the woods?

Absolutely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

On the same dates you could always save yer self 180 euros and go to this event called Sundown Gathering with three stages 1. Psy Trance 2. Reggae 3.World Music. Going on for three days with camping at 60 euros. Im working the Picnic so cant make this one. https://www.facebook.com/events/341604282589113/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

working again at this one... year i will be a punter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone know have any competitions for EP tickets?

I've already entered ERP Ireland's one and I'm going to enter Electric Ireland's one (which was great crack last year).

Anyone know of anymore?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nelly_Lemon

m83 wrote: »
    The showermobile is at pretty much every festival. You pay a fiver and get your own private compartment.

I never heard of that, just doing some research on, was this the posh wash? Anyone know if this has been at it last year? Seems it was a few years ago and it was €5 for a hot shower in a private cubicle.....

• Registered Users Posts: 39 NoreenMF

Just wondering if you get the wristband for the Picnic Garden/VIP area with that camping? I know they are not there this year and it's another crowd running it but just wondering what the norm was...

• Advertisement

is there a Silent Disco this year? I have never been to one…. lol..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement