Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

some of the smaller venues go on a bit longer and Arcadia tends to kick off after the main acts are done. But the real place to go is the rave in the forest, I wasn't there last year but previous years saw Neutronyx pumping out psy-trance deep in the forest, on a dry night it's some setting.
    there was only psy-trance on one of the nights last year, the other 2 were house/techno from what i can remember (thankfully IMO, hate psytrance :pac: ). Surge were running the Friday night anyway http://www.facebook.com/surge.dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭dendof

Does anyone know if you're allowed to put up a tent beside campervan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Anyone know if you can buy bus tickets separately or if you can upgrade a ticket?

I already have mine, and am not sure if I need to get a separate ticket for the bus to and from.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Doubt there is anyway to upgrade tickets but call ticketmaster and see if they offer something. Otherwise it won't be difficult to get a ticket from one of the companies who'll be running coaches. Bus Eireann ran one last year and I'm sure will do one again (their website seems to only have 2011 info right now though).

The rules for the campervan site implies that the campervan has to be used for sleeping in. I've passed through the site on the last day and I'm sure I saw some tents though so not sure how/if they enforce that. Send @electricpicnic a tweet or ask on their Facebook if you want the definitive word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

dendof wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you're allowed to put up a tent beside campervan?

I've seen people told to take them down. It's a health and safety thing. If someone reversed their camper over a tent or some such thing.
    I've also seen tents there for the weekend that were surrounded by windbreaker type things that you might see on a beach. Either way i wouldn't bank on being able to set one up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 bugsy1977

Eod100 wrote: »
    Jesus the guy who wrote that sounds like a complete idiot and spoofer!
    I agree,alot of holes in his tale not to mention that after taking al he took he recalled the lot! the lads full of **** and a knbhead to boot!

Where were the house/techno ones because that neutronix was waaaaay too bangy.
    there was only 1 stage, but neutronyx only ran the music on one of the nights, where it was the usual psy-trance that was usually played every night in previous years...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

It was definitely bang bang on the sunday night and my head couldnt handle it after a while....

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

bugsy1977 wrote: »
    I agree,alot of holes in his tale not to mention that after taking al he took he recalled the lot! the lads full of **** and a knbhead to boot!

This story is pure bull. I know the area very well and nothing like described here. I mean 4 hrs to get through the bushes?? Its not the amazon rain forest. It used to be easier sneak in when the festival first started, but security have learned about weak spots over the years and now its not so simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

there was only psy-trance on one of the nights last year, the other 2 were house/techno from what i can remember (thankfully IMO, hate psytrance :pac: ). Surge were running the Friday night anyway http://www.facebook.com/surge.dublin

even better so. I can tolerate one night of psy-trance but some house and techno would be a welcome change.
    I remember my first Rave in the Woods visit and wow, I was blown away, never experienced anything like it before, great laugh and as I said, if the weather is dry and calm it is a great backdrop.

• Advertisement

even better so. I can tolerate one night of psy-trance but some house and techno would be a welcome change.
    I remember my first Rave in the Woods visit and wow, I was blown away, never experienced anything like it before, great laugh and as I said, if the weather is dry and calm it is a great backdrop.
    Bodytonic are supposedly running it on the Saturday night this year anyway, will be announced within the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone know when the detailed timetable with the break-down of times and acts will be released?

I know they said at the start of the month that it would be out in a week or 2 so kinda expect it soon.. And with nearly 2 weeks to go I'd have thought it would be out by nowish..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the detailed timetable with the break-down of times and acts will be released?

I know they said at the start of the month that it would be out in a week or 2 so kinda expect it soon.. And with nearly 2 weeks to go I'd have thought it would be out by nowish..

It was released 7 days before the festival started last year. I can't see it being released too much earlier this year either. I'd guess it will be released towards the end of next week

thunderdog wrote: »
    It was released 7 days before the festival started last year. I can't see it being released too much earlier this year either. I'd guess it will be released towards the end of next week

That close to the festival?

If anyone hasn't bought a ticket yet, the final break-down will be a major deciding factor so I'd have thought they're release it sooner..

The day breakdown is already out. The actual timetable is often done at the last second to take into account cancellations etc.

Toast wrote: »
    The day breakdown is already out. The actual timetable is often done at the last second to take into account cancellations etc.

Oh I know that, it's the final timetable I'm on about.

EP timetable has always been notoriously late in coming but rare enough to see a timetable any sooner than 2 weeks before a festival. I'd say it is more in their interest to keep it late as from a marketing view the big poster with all the names looks a lot more tempting to people than the timetable that tells then they'll only ever be able to see a quarter of those names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Do you know what time Rave in the Woods normally goes on until? I missed it in 2010 but I went out there last year only for it to finish as soon as I arrived. :mad: It wasn't that late either, like it was still dark. I was kinda hoping it'd be going on 'til it started getting bright.

Do you know what time Rave in the Woods normally goes on until? I missed it in 2010 but I went out there last year only for it to finish as soon as I arrived. :mad: It wasn't that late either, like it was still dark. I was kinda hoping it'd be going on 'til it started getting bright.

yeah, I certainly don't remember being there when it was getting bright, I'd hazard a guess at around 5am I'd say but I'm open to correction. Normally by that time I'm 'tired & emotional' so times and other such details are not relevant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Think it was between 3.30 and 4am last year

• Advertisement

yeah, I certainly don't remember being there when it was getting bright, I'd hazard a guess at around 5am I'd say but I'm open to correction. Normally by that time I'm 'tired & emotional' so times and other such details are not relevant :D

Definitely wasn't 5am it shut down when I was there anyway. Was long before that. :(
    Think it was between 3.30 and 4am last year

Yeah 3.30 sounds about right. It's kinda late but a couple more hours would have been nice.
    Will try and get there for 2-ish this year, I s'pose. If I don't find something else to distract me along the way!

^ Actually I've done very little in B&S the two years I was at EP. Definitely need to investigate it a bit more this year. :)

I wonder if the weather will be like today for the weekend? Should make things a bit more interesting/torturous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

The Roots are the one act I really want to see at this with a few others like Sigur Rós, Grizzly Bear, Junior Boys who I wouldn't mind seeing but wouldn't go just because they were there.

The Roots are on Saturday though so not a one day option, not a fan of the lineup overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Definitely wasn't 5am it shut down when I was there anyway. Was long before that. :(

Yeah 3.30 sounds about right. It's kinda late but a couple more hours would have been nice.
    Will try and get there for 2-ish this year, I s'pose. If I don't find something else to distract me along the way!

EP will do that to you, you lose all concept of time. Partly because the bar closes quite early and because it gets dark earlier than people expect. body does a bit of a mentaller that weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah the rave in the woods finished at around 4am last year, we went down twice and it was just finishing up both times. It seemed to go on much later/earlier the previous year. Doesn't really give you enough time to get down to it after the main stages finish! Hopefully plenty of house and techno this year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Hi, I am waiting on my tickets, has anyone else received them in the post yet?

yep, got them last week. However I purchased mine ages ago in the loyalty pre-sale thingy so no need to panic yet, loads of time.

i got mine last week, but mine was a loyalty ticket bought in november. i wouldn't be too worried until about 2 days before, i've often had tickets arrive the week of a gig...

EP will do that to you, you lose all concept of time. Partly because the bar closes quite early and because it gets dark earlier than people expect. body does a bit of a mentaller that weekend

Heh, guess you're right. My bodyclock is mainly nocturnal anyway so I'm usually still wide awake when everything seems to be shutting down, which can be a bit annoying.
    Jello wrote: »
    Yeah the rave in the woods finished at around 4am last year, we went down twice and it was just finishing up both times. It seemed to go on much later/earlier the previous year. Doesn't really give you enough time to get down to it after the main stages finish! Hopefully plenty of house and techno this year :)

Yeah I did expect it to go on a bit later than 3 or 4am. It takes a good while to walk there from any of the main stages or the Hendrix camp (unless I went down some ridiculously long convoluted route!) so it wouldn't kill them to let the rave go on a little longer. Unless there's some licensing/insurance/problems with the locals issue that's restricting it.

Mine came last week. If they haven't come by this time next week you might wanna give Ticketmaster a quick shout but it'll probably be grand.

• Advertisement

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/08/16/electric-picnic-2012-body-soul-acts/
    First batch of acts playing the Body & Soul universe at this year’s Electric Picnic

Paul Buchanan
    Andy Irvine, Donal Lunny, Liam O Flynn & Paddy Glackin aka LAPD
    Junior Boys
    Breton
    When Saints Go Machine
    Nightwave (DJ set)
    Jesse Boykins lll
    RocketNumberNine
    Dark Dark Dark
    SertOne
    D E N A
    The Spook of the Thirteenth Lock