Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

2 weeks to go woo hoo, will be on site in eleven days, canna wait.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Fantastic line up this year, seen about 30 at least that I want to see, one of the strongest ever (been to 5 Picnics) especially if you look down the list away from headline shiite like Killers and Elbow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

yep, got them last week. However I purchased mine ages ago in the loyalty pre-sale thingy so no need to panic yet, loads of time.

Thanks actually mine are getting sent to a house I am not staying in currently, I assumed they were not sent yet as they are showing up as processing on ticketmaster, would someone who got them last week mind checking their status on ticketmaster it would save me a long journey would really apreciate it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

You just got there before me. Smashing new addition.

Some great bands in today's additions. When saints go machine & Crow black chicken.
    Getting my ticket in the morning finally, really looking forward to it now.
    We may start praying that the auld weather picks up.
    Roll on EP12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

A taste of what to expect from Trinity Orchestra at EP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Hi, I am waiting on my tickets, has anyone else received them in the post yet?

Yeah recieved an all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Toast wrote: »
    Doubt there is anyway to upgrade tickets but call ticketmaster and see if they offer something. Otherwise it won't be difficult to get a ticket from one of the companies who'll be running coaches. Bus Eireann ran one last year and I'm sure will do one again (their website seems to only have 2011 info right now though).

Cheers man, I was at a venue today trying to upgrade but they told me it can't be done as you need to buy the weekend ticket and bus ticket together or a weekend ticket which also covers the bus.

If the bus companies can't offer me anything would it be possible to pay on the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I know one year the buses sold out so it wasn't possible. Not sure if there is a danger of that this year. EP info is on the Bus Eireann website now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Toast wrote: »
    I know one year the buses sold out so it wasn't possible. Not sure if there is a danger of that this year. EP info is on the Bus Eireann website now.

Cheers man, just booked my bus ticket there.

Now so long as Hot Chip and Bat For Lashes don't clash, all is sorted with me for what may be the best weekend of my life:D.

• Advertisement

Its quiet round here tonight, everyone out I suppose gettin pissed or on AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

What are the chances of the following three not clashing (at least to some extent) on Friday evening/night:

The XX
    Grizzly Bear
    Christy Moore

I'm not liking my chances...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Wrote a rambling blog post (though all my blog posts are rambling, in fairness!) about EP last night. Link in sig if anyone's bored enough to read! :pac:
    What are the chances of the following three not clashing (at least to some extent) on Friday evening/night:

The XX
    Grizzly Bear
    Christy Moore

I'm not liking my chances...

Well The xx and Christy Moore are both listed on top of the bill for Friday, along with Sigur Rós; this most likely means that they'll all be on the Main Stage (Christy followed by xx followed by Sigur Rós). That's how it worked last year anyway; the acts listed at the top were all on main stage. So those two shouldn't clash at least. (Part of me hopes this is wrong though, 'cause I think the xx would sound a lot better in one of the tents than on main stage. They're a more intimate band. Still, James Blake worked on main stage last year so you never know....)

Grizzly Bear are probably well known enough to be the headline or penultimate act in one of the other tents, so could clash with either The xx or Sigur Rós. If anything clashes with Christy Moore though I'd say skip him, 'cause you'll have plenty of other opportunities to see him. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Will have to go check out blog post, Cap'n...

In the meantime, couldn't agree more re The XX and tent vs main stage, whereas I think Team GB would be well able for the main stage.

Your point re Christy is well made, the only problem is I never seem to be able to motivate myself to go to any of his gigs even though i know i'd enjoy going...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The XX worked out fine at Rock Werchter on the Main Stage, even though it was late afternoon and still bright. I think they'll be perfect at night and with a bit of Irish cloud cover at EP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I had the same feeling about the XX (plus I wasn't a big fan) before I saw them headline on a big outdoor stage in Primavera Porto, and they completely blew me away. It was pitch dark though and the scene was a natural amphitheatre with the hills to sit on to watch the gig, but yeah, I can't wait to see them again. The crowd was eating out of the palm of their hand. Beautiful performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'm more concerned about the amount of clowns who'll talk and shout throughout their performance tbh

If any advanced volunteers, musicians, stage hands, installation people, stage crew or whatever is travelling down on Monday 27th August from Galway to Stradbally and you have room in your car or van, please pm me or reply to this. Will offer help towards fuel, munchies and the craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Anyone know what would the best option to go from Clonmel on a bus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I really hope the sound improves majorly this year on the main stage. The Chemical Brothers and James Blake were major let downs for be last year because of the sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭sassyj

Thanks actually mine are getting sent to a house I am not staying in currently, I assumed they were not sent yet as they are showing up as processing on ticketmaster, would someone who got them last week mind checking their status on ticketmaster it would save me a long journey would really apreciate it

I did the instalment ticket thingy where you paid in 3 parts. I got my ticket last week, status on ticketmaster says "Your ticket is bring processed"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

sassyj wrote: »
    I did the instalment ticket thingy where you paid in 3 parts. I got my ticket last week, status on ticketmaster says "Your ticket is bring processed"

Thanks its all sorted now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭kwat

Anybody know if they're doing the online off-license this year? Defo not carrying as much booze down this year after last years back breaking trek from the car to campsite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Jello wrote: »
    I really hope the sound improves majorly this year on the main stage. The Chemical Brothers and James Blake were major let downs for be last year because of the sound.

I was watching a bit of Lowlands festival on YouTube over the weekend, and it seems to me that they don't have any outdoor stages, just tents. I think this would really suit a mid-sized festival like EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

I have thought that myself regarding tents but not sure they would ever do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

Wrote a rambling blog post (though all my blog posts are rambling, in fairness!) about EP last night. Link in sig if anyone's bored enough to read! :pac:

Well The xx and Christy Moore are both listed on top of the bill for Friday, along with Sigur Rós; this most likely means that they'll all be on the Main Stage (Christy followed by xx followed by Sigur Rós). That's how it worked last year anyway; the acts listed at the top were all on main stage. So those two shouldn't clash at least. (Part of me hopes this is wrong though, 'cause I think the xx would sound a lot better in one of the tents than on main stage. They're a more intimate band. Still, James Blake worked on main stage last year so you never know....)

Grizzly Bear are probably well known enough to be the headline or penultimate act in one of the other tents, so could clash with either The xx or Sigur Rós. If anything clashes with Christy Moore though I'd say skip him, 'cause you'll have plenty of other opportunities to fsee him. :)

Canr see link to blog?!

stephen.87 wrote: »
    Canr see link to blog?!

Click his name at top of his post, underlined and in blue. A drop down box should show, select Captain Graphites homepage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Looking for a small bandoleer for EP to stash valuables, anyone got any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

ED E wrote: »
    Looking for a small bandoleer for EP to stash valuables, anyone got any suggestions?

don't bring valuables ;)

failing that maybe check out some army surplus store ( I had to google what you were looking for, seems like you're off to 'Nam).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I'm guessing he just didn't want to say manbag. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement