Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    I hope not, I find them boring as hell.

You can go to another act on another stage so, thats the idea of a festival :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭sporina

the early bird tickets go on sale tomorrow - anyone know how long they are available for?

Until they are sold out I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

Can't log in to Ticketmaster all morning, anyone else having trouble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I was able to access Ticketmaster a few mins ago.

They are quoting €190 plus €6.10 charge for an early-bird ticket. :eek:

How much were the regular tickets for this year's EP? I thought they were around €150.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Full price was 240 before charges. Early Bird was 200 before charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

dilallio wrote: »
    I was able to access Ticketmaster a few mins ago.

They are quoting €190 plus €6.10 charge for an early-bird ticket. :eek:

How much were the regular tickets for this year's EP? I thought they were around €150.

€240. I'll be getting myself an early bird on friday, great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

I'd love to see the books for this sort of thing. Like how much margin are they making per ticket assuming they sell out and how much they need to sell to break even.

I've no problem with EP or any festival making a profit but it does seem like every festival on the continent it's significantly cheaper.

Of all the festivals the range of acts with comedy, arts etc leads me to believe EP aren't ripping it on price, but I'd love to see the proof of that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Jeden wrote: »
    I'd love to see the books for this sort of thing. Like how much margin are they making per ticket assuming they sell out and how much they need to sell to break even.

I've no problem with EP or any festival making a profit but it does seem like every festival on the continent it's significantly cheaper.

Of all the festivals the range of acts with comedy, arts etc leads me to believe EP aren't ripping it on price, but I'd love to see the proof of that....

Well, make a bid for the company! That's the only way you'll get to see the figures, plus you'd then need to hire significant accountants/auditors to verify the figures and then you'd need to figure out a way of identifying the purely EP figures out of all that. Best of luck with that.

Do you make the same request for everything you buy? How much of my Whopper is going on the ingredients, how much on marketing, how much to the local operation how much to HQ.........:rolleyes:

Have been to every one bar first one and 2007, best 250 or so I ever spent, I see around 15 top class bands each year at it which works out at about 15 euro a go, that makes it unbelievable value in my book. Plus I'm supporting the local economy not the spanish etc one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

sporina wrote: »
    the early bird tickets go on sale tomorrow - anyone know how long they are available for?

They were still available in March this year, just before the first acts were announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wimpire

Has anyone here volunteered at the festival in order to get in for free and was it worth it? Would anyone know how far ahead you would have to apply?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

maximoose wrote: »
    €240. I'll be getting myself an early bird on friday, great value.

Can these early bird tickets be purchased in outlets to be able to avail of a lower booking fee?

Well, I can answer some of this. Security is more expensive to hire here as is insurance. Insurance premiums for an event this big would take a fairly big chunk out of your ticket. We are unfortunately a nation that's very quick to sue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

You can go to another act on another stage so, thats the idea of a festival :rolleyes:

Yes, but the booking of a big act like Radiohead would lesson the possibility of bigger acts that I may enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Yes, but the booking of a big act like Radiohead would lesson the possibility of bigger acts that I may enjoy.

That would be a shame. Maybe you could request that the organisers only book acts that you, in particular, enjoy? Let me know how you get on.

If it was some pile of Shiite like Coldplay or Nickleback, I'd agree with you mate but Radiohead fits in with indie type EP ethos surely? I had no interest in Chemical Bros or Interpol last year, but was happy to check out other stages at the time and didn't begrudge their fans the opportunity to see them, in fact the biggest acts at these things aren't necessarily the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

I for one would f*cking love if Radiohead played :D

Toots and the Maytals perhaps? Make up for his voice going this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Toots and the Maytals perhaps? Make up for his voice going this year

That was very strange am I right in thinking that he came out and then just walked of stage. The auld memory is failing me

• Advertisement

That was very strange am I right in thinking that he came out and then just walked of stage. The auld memory is failing me

He walked out, attempted to sing 'Pressure Drop' and then slapped the microphone and walked off. Something about laryngitis we were told. About twenty minutes later his daughter, who had sang beforehand, came out and sang with the Maytals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

That was it alright. I remember the daughter singing

That was it alright. I remember the daughter singing

She wasn't too bad as it went. Still would have preferred Toots though.

Stone Roses highly unlikely to play EP now. Any thoughts on other potentials?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

not sure how popular this would be but I'd like to see Moby in Stradbally for 2012. I know he toured last summer and didn't come over here, his gigs are usually a good mix of his styles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Oxegen festival may have run out of air

Just saw this.. could be really bad for EP. Queue a larger influx of Scumbags next year.

**** !

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Maybe Aiken Promotions will be run another music festival just to keep the skangers out of EP 2012 lol.

Really enjoyed the by and large relaxed atmosphere at EP the 4 of the last 6 years I went, really hoping it won't attract the wrong crowd this year if Oxegen is cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Yeah, I guess it's possible the scumbags might make a trip to Electric Picnic if Oxegen is not on. I remember the time Eminem was playing at Oxegen and thinking "Most cities have probably never been safer tonight as all the scumbags are at Oxegen watching Eminem" :D

• Advertisement

Perhaps they should go for more alt/indie bands and make it over 25, might keep the more undesirable elements away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement