Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

You might need good quality waterproofs for this edition of EP judging by AccuWeather http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/stradbally/210204/daily-weather-forecast/210204?day=6

dear God it's over a week away! The weather is vulnerable to change, I'll get my weather updates for EP this day next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bugsy1977

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Hi all, I bought tickets for EP and today one of the ticket holders and our lift to EP has pulled out. Really annoyed and now I'm left with 3 tickets I can't use. What is the possibility of getting a refund from ticketmaster for the tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Hi all, I bought tickets for EP and today one of the ticket holders and our lift to EP has pulled out. Really annoyed and now I'm left with 3 tickets I can't use. What is the possibility of getting a refund from ticketmaster for the tickets?

Zero, bus or train not an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gracielooks

They won't give you a refund. You could try selling them on toutless.com? People are selling full price tickets there for €200 each, so you would make a loss but the person who pulled out might agree to pay you the difference for their ticket at least? Wishful thinking maybe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Anyone still waiting on their bus tickets?

I bought mine from Bus Eireann last weekend and it still hasn't arrived at my door.

Getting worried now.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Anyone still waiting on their bus tickets?

I bought mine from Bus Eireann last weekend and it still hasn't arrived at my door.

Getting worried now.

You can just buy them on the bus on the day if they don't arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Zero, bus or train not an option?

No, I'm recovering from a fractured ankle so the other guy giving us a lift up there was a deciding factor when we made up our mind to go with him.
    They won't give you a refund. You could try selling them on toutless.com? People are selling full price tickets there for €200 each, so you would make a loss but the person who pulled out might agree to pay you the difference for their ticket at least? Wishful thinking maybe!

Yeah, your man that has pulled out has no intention of paying for any part of his ticket but we'll probably give toutless a go and try to sell all of the tickets if we can't organise another lift and someone to take our spare ticket.

No, I'm recovering from a fractured ankle so the other guy giving us a lift up there was a deciding factor when we made up our mind to go with him.

Yeah, your man that has pulled out has no intention of paying for any part of his ticket but we'll probably give toutless a go and try to sell all of the tickets if we can't organise another lift and someone to take our spare ticket.

Well thats a pity because its going to be fantastic, there is a site for people giving and looking for lifts as a last option, I notice someone in KK is offering a lift down on the Friday:

http://getthere.ie/kilkenny-portlaoise/31-Aug

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Do people think it will sell out? Basically wondering if i can put off getting the ticket til friday week?

Not sure if it will sell out..

The weather and full timetable could be a deciding factor for people so there could be people waiting til last minute to buy tickets.

Obviously it's in EP's interests to emphasise that tickets are selling fast so there's no way of knowing whether this is true or not.

I guess it's better to be safe than sorry though so probably be worth picking up a ticket asap just in case it sells out in advance of the 31st!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 sile seilide

What campsite do people think is the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hunkydory1

Anyone know any bus hire companies that would be heading to EP from Cork?

Also, what's a good price to pay per person?

I know Bus Eireann is running a bus from Cork and it's 45 euro return. Not sure if that's good or not but seems kinda expensive to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Eod100 wrote: »

I know Bus Eireann is running a bus from Cork and it's 45 euro return. Not sure if that's good or not but seems kinda expensive to me!

Refuse to pay it, thats out of order.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Refuse to pay it, thats out of order.

Yeah that it was fairly pricey alright!

Then again i might not have much choice. None of my friends are driving up and don't think there's enough of us to organise our own bus..

Out of curiosity, what's a good price to pay for return from cork to ep? Like 30 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sile seilide

Only slightly less, but another option at least. http://www.barrystravel.ie/cgi-bin/tbook2.cgi?etid=6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Here is a map of EP this year.

Just incase anyone wants to plan ahead on where to camp etc etc etc

Il be staying in a Podpad this year, anyone else here staying in the Boutique Camping area?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭killer007

Thanks for the map benwavner. Thought family parking was in the G.A.A. fields across the road, looks like it's even closer this year!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

You can just buy them on the bus on the day if they don't arrive.

Cheers man, will send them an email and see if I pick up them up on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hunkydory1

huh is that not old weather?

No. I use these reports a lot and he is very accurate. Enjoy. Next weekend will be warm and sunny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Mr.S wrote: »
    What campsite is the forest dance stage near again? I always forget and spend hours finding it :pac:

It's always been between just below where the 24 is on that map that was posted, nearest the Oscar Wilde campsite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah that it was fairly pricey alright!

Then again i might not have much choice. None of my friends are driving up and don't think there's enough of us to organise our own bus..

Out of curiosity, what's a good price to pay for return from cork to ep? Like 30 euro?

Citylink usually does a bus for EP from Galway which was 30 or 35 euros return, Im sure Citylink would do one from Cork too. Mr S is probably right Cork is a good distance from Laois, when I was coming back from Liss Ard I was charged 17.50 euro for a single from Skibbereen to Cork city, thats quite a lot for an hour and a half journey.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

killer007 wrote: »
    Thanks for the map benwavner. Thought family parking was in the G.A.A. fields across the road, looks like it's even closer this year!:D

No hassle man, enjoy yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

It's €40 according to the EP website?

It only stops in Mitchelstown and Cahir (maybe Fermoy as well) so it's pretty direct, plus you go straight too Stradbally hall. I was thinking of getting a bus to Portlaoise which will cost about €23 return, I have to change buses in either Limerick or Kilkenny to get there. Then there are the shuttle buses which means another change over, and that's a fiver in and a fiver out, so the total cost will be €33. When you think about it, it's a lot of hassle for just €7, I don't think Bus éireanns price is that bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Does a garda need a search warrant to search your tent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 s0m3b0dy_

benwavner wrote: »
    Here is a map of EP this year.

Just incase anyone wants to plan ahead on where to camp etc etc etc

Il be staying in a Podpad this year, anyone else here staying in the Boutique Camping area?
    I'm working the bars this year again, and yet they don't put them in the map, only the off licence! looks like they'll be pretty empty bars this year again.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Hi all. As it's my first time going this year I'm a bit clueless where the best place to camp is? Any advice? :) Also I will be travelling by bus from Dublin, friends are driving from Kilkenny, will we end up coming in completely different entrances? Obviously we will want to be camping together!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Motorist wrote: »
    Does a garda need a search warrant to search your tent ?

I don't know but according to the news reports last night (RTE News) EP was targeted for extra scrutiny in relation to drug taking etc. Typical knee jerk reaction from the Swedish Scobe Mafia fiasco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

s0m3b0dy_ wrote: »
    I'm working the bars this year again, and yet they don't put them in the map, only the off licence! looks like they'll be pretty empty bars this year again.

That map is the camping map. There is an arena map which will have more details of inside the arena as well. However I reckon the lack of bar usage might be something to do with the prices and selection. I'm assuming that you are in charge of that so could you have it sorted out this year :D
    I don't know but according to the news reports last night (RTE News) EP was targeted for extra scrutiny in relation to drug taking etc. Typical knee jerk reaction from the Swedish Scobe Mafia fiasco.

According to the Indo (so take it with appropriate salt) Reynolds has said they don't plan to do anything different. The Gardai might have a different plan but I'd have thought that Reynolds would know about it and mention it if so.

There has always been plain clothes drug squad detectives wandering around the picnic campsite for easy arrests. Don't quote me on this (and don't relay on the Internet for legal advice in general) but I'm almost certain there is no need for warrants if they catch you outside your tent with evidence of illegal activities and that's generally what they are looking for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement