Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

hey guys can anyone send me a link with the timetables on it.
    Pretty please x

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Mr November

This may well have been asked already but I've tailed through pages and pages and can't find it...

What's the story with the off licence down there this year? Can't find any link online for it? Can you still pre-book cans and/or is there a need to?

Ultimately, can you buy cans down there and given they'll likely be well overpriced, eh, HOW overpriced? Any prices available?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

This may well have been asked already but I've tailed through pages and pages and can't find it...

What's the story with the off licence down there this year? Can't find any link online for it? Can you still pre-book cans and/or is there a need to?

Ultimately, can you buy cans down there and given they'll likely be well overpriced, eh, HOW overpriced? Any prices available?

Cheers

I'm not sure about the off-license but from memory (last time I was there was 2010) the local Lidl or Aldi were running free shuttle buses from the site to their store for you to stock up on stuff. I'm not sure if this is still running but I thought it was a very clever idea by the German retailing giant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Mark Lanegan on the bill. \m/ One to confuse and dismay the ladies with their matching wellies and aviator shades out for a random weekend pose........

seachto7 wrote: »
    Mark Lanegan on the bill. \m/ One to confuse and dismay the ladies with their matching wellies and aviator shades out for a random weekend pose........

my wellies are matching too, both green ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

7 days out and still no sign of my ticket from ticketmaster, should I be worried?

dulux99 wrote: »
    7 days out and still no sign of my ticket from ticketmaster, should I be worried?

personally, if I didn't get it in the post by Monday I'm be on the phone to TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

It's €40 according to the EP website?

It only stops in Mitchelstown and Cahir (maybe Fermoy as well) so it's pretty direct, plus you go straight too Stradbally hall. I was thinking of getting a bus to Portlaoise which will cost about €23 return, I have to change buses in either Limerick or Kilkenny to get there. Then there are the shuttle buses which means another change over, and that's a fiver in and a fiver out, so the total cost will be €33. When you think about it, it's a lot of hassle for just €7, I don't think Bus éireanns price is that bad.

Hadn't seen it on the EP site.

It says 45 on bus eireann's site though so I reckon that's the correct price!

Eod100 wrote: »

the bus from Galway is €35, so they are charging the rebels the most ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Should be on the main stage tbf

393914_511681405523977_221584879_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Mr November

I'm not sure about the off-license but from memory (last time I was there was 2010) the local Lidl or Aldi were running free shuttle buses from the site to their store for you to stock up on stuff. I'm not sure if this is still running but I thought it was a very clever idea by the German retailing giant :)

Hmm... good idea alright. In the FAQ's on EP site it says that there will be an off licence etc which you can pre book your drink from... but no links anywhere!?!

Going to the town would be the best option but always a risk that wont happen if nobody is in any state to drive on Saturday!! :D

Hmm... good idea alright. In the FAQ's on EP site it says that there will be an off licence etc which you can pre book your drink from... but no links anywhere!?!

Going to the town would be the best option but always a risk that wont happen if nobody is in any state to drive on Saturday!! :D

On their facebook page they've told people the online off-license should be running late this week or early next..

I'm curious as to what sort of prices they'll be selling things at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Probably. If you can organize a bus as someone said that would be ideal but I'd say you'd need a decent number of people going.

Otherwise it's a case of what's more important, money or cutting down on hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bugsy1977

The off y at EP is robbery, 60 yoyos for a slab of beer,i liked the sound of a free shuttle bus to aldi/lidl for beer if there is any truth to it, seems unlikely tho, does it?

Thanks LostInKildare!

There seems to be a lot of EP competitions this year..Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it could be a sign that it's not selling as well as they'd want it to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thanks LostInKildare!

There seems to be a lot of EP competitions this year..Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it could be a sign that it's not selling as well as they'd want it to!

As much as that sucks for them, would be great if it wasnt jammers. Hopefully all the oxegen crowd went guetta and SHM and wont be at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Hatred

Can you get tickets at the door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

dulux99 wrote: »

i got mine 2 weeks ago so id other people i know who booked. id definitely give them a call x

This was posted up on EP's facebook page a few hours ago on case anyone missed it.

Off License is up and running and last orders are 12pm Wednesday 29th August.

PRODUCTS AVAILABLE:

Heineken - 12 cans EU25 / 24 cans EU50 / 48 cans EU100
    Coors Light - 12 cans EU25 / 24 cans EU50 / 48 cans EU100
    Bulmers Original - 12 cans EU25 / 24 cans EU50 / 48 cans EU100

500 mls per can / limit of 48 cans per person

Here's a link to the site plan: http://electricpicnic.ie/downloads/EPArena2012.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

The Cure are playing a great set at Reading

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

anyone got a full listing of what's going on each day and at what stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

Timetable has not been released yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

does anyone know , if you have a quiet campsite ticket can you go in and out of the other campsites as you please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

There is no such thing as a quiet campsite ticket. There is a family campsite ticket but you are only allowed into that campsite if you have children with you. If you have a family campsite ticket and don't intend to use it you can (according to the EP FB) swap it out for a regular ticket via Ticketmaster customer service to let actual families use it. You can still use the family campsite ticket to get into the regular campsite if you like but it is bad form as you deprive a family of the opportunity to use your ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 hookrkrook

Does anyone know whether they look for proof of age for children on family tickets? Going with my wife and 3 daughters next week, and one is 12 (nearly 13), but looks older.

The ticketmaster site says :-
    - Strictly Over 18's Photo ID Required
    - Family tickets will permit entrance for 1 adult plus 2 kids Under 12, into a designated Family Campsite.
    - Children must register on www.electricpicnic.ie prior to the event.
    - Only families accompanied by a child or children under 12 will be admitted into the family campsite.

No mention of ID being required for children. Anyone have any experiences to share?

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

This was posted up on EP's facebook page a few hours ago on case anyone missed it.

Off License is up and running and last orders are 12pm Wednesday 29th August.

PRODUCTS AVAILABLE:

Heineken - 12 cans EU25 / 24 cans EU50 / 48 cans EU100
    Coors Light - 12 cans EU25 / 24 cans EU50 / 48 cans EU100
    Bulmers Original - 12 cans EU25 / 24 cans EU50 / 48 cans EU100

500 mls per can / limit of 48 cans per person

Here's a link to the site plan: http://electricpicnic.ie/downloads/EPArena2012.pdf
    at least dick turpin wore a mask. ****in scheisters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

The point of the off license is that it makes money on people's laziness. It was never going to compete with cheap supermarket booze. They aren't insisting this is your only source of booze like certain festivals. Drag your own cans from Lidl if you want to save money or pay the prices here if you want to be lazy. Seems fair. Frankly the fact that what is on sale is undrinkable muck is what would put me off.

Someone mentioned that there was a free shuttle bus from the EP site to Aldi/Lidl a few years ago. Does anyone (maybe someone from the area) know if this is going ahead this year?

Also, are there many other supermarkets/off-licenses in Stradbally?

Are alcohol prices generally pushed up for the weekend?

Never been before so just trying to suss out the scenario!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

hookrkrook wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether they look for proof of age for children on family tickets? Going with my wife and 3 daughters next week, and one is 12 (nearly 13), but looks older.

The ticketmaster site says :-
    - Strictly Over 18's Photo ID Required
    - Family tickets will permit entrance for 1 adult plus 2 kids Under 12, into a designated Family Campsite.
    - Children must register on www.electricpicnic.ie prior to the event.
    - Only families accompanied by a child or children under 12 will be admitted into the family campsite.

No mention of ID being required for children. Anyone have any experiences to share?

Thanks
    Yes they do look for id. I suggest you leave the 12 year old at home. Others buy their tickets based on certain criteria and that doesn't include teenagers spoiling it for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement