Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I bet she shouts at all the acts to cover Justin Bieber songs. Ban her! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Eod100 wrote: »
    Someone mentioned that there was a free shuttle bus from the EP site to Aldi/Lidl a few years ago. Does anyone (maybe someone from the area) know if this is going ahead this year?

Also, are there many other supermarkets/off-licenses in Stradbally?

Are alcohol prices generally pushed up for the weekend?

Never been before so just trying to suss out the scenario!

that was me, in 2010 they had such a service. They were handing out flyers in the car parks with information.
    I don't know if they are still running this service, you could contact the nearest Aldi which is in Portlaoise (10Km away) to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

hookrkrook wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether they look for proof of age for children on family tickets? Going with my wife and 3 daughters next week, and one is 12 (nearly 13), but looks older.

The ticketmaster site says :-
    - Strictly Over 18's Photo ID Required
    - Family tickets will permit entrance for 1 adult plus 2 kids Under 12, into a designated Family Campsite.
    - Children must register on www.electricpicnic.ie prior to the event.
    - Only families accompanied by a child or children under 12 will be admitted into the family campsite.

No mention of ID being required for children. Anyone have any experiences to share?

Thanks

The age limit is 12 years and under. From the EP website:

"Families can purchase special Family tickets which permit access into the specially designated Family Campsite. Here there is parking within close proximity to the tents and it is exclusively for families so no need to worry about rowdiness from revellers or late night noise.

Important Notice: Those wishing to stay in the 'Family Campsites' must be accompanied by children 12 years or younger. No single or groups of adults without children will be admitted entry. The Family campsites are restricted in space and therefore must be reserved soley for families with children. Extended family and relatives with no children must camp in general campsites"

Families are asked to register your children so we can prepare in advance for your arrival.

I know, because I took my 12 year old daughter a few years ago and emailed EP with this same question, and they told me it was 12 AND under. Your daughter should be fine. Nobody looked for ID for my daughter, but I'd recommend bring some just in case.

Enjoy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

that was me, in 2010 they had such a service. They were handing out flyers in the car parks with information.
    I don't know if they are still running this service, you could contact the nearest Aldi which is in Portlaoise (10Km away) to find out.

Cool, thanks! Yeah I sent off an email to Lidl earlier to inquire. Couldn't find any contact details for Aldi though!

Think it's def a good idea but people could take advantage by getting the free spin in and shopping elsewhere. But I suppose Aldi wouldn't mind as long as some people spent their cash there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Eod100 wrote: »
    Cool, thanks! Yeah I sent off an email to Lidl earlier to inquire. Couldn't find any contact details for Aldi though!

Think it's def a good idea but people could take advantage by getting the free spin in and shopping elsewhere. But I suppose Aldi wouldn't mind as long as some people spent their cash there!

yeah, and knowing the shrewd German retailer there probably isn't another shop for miles around:D
    Good luck with it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

What happens when you crowdsurf at a concert and get taken behind the barrier by security? Just outta curiousty! I really want to do it this year! Saw a few do it last year at EP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Is the electric picnic website down or is it just me?

With less than a week to go it's bad form if it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

recyclebin wrote: »
    Is the electric picnic website down or is it just me?

With less than a week to go it's bad form if it is.

Yep, yer right, problem loading page displayed. Perhaps they have just sold out and are updating it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

anyone know if there is anything happening on the thursday night for people who arrive with campers??

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Anyone know what kind of set Four Tet is playing in these b2b gigs w/ caribou?

Much stuff off Pink in the mix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Early weather indications sounding good, fingers crossed!

From Met Eireann:
    "Friday & Saturday: Mostly dry, with sunny spells, the best of these in the east and south. Some cloud also, especially in Atlantic coastal areas, with patches of mist or drizzle possible. Temperatures will gradually recover, with moderate to fresh southwest breezes. Values could reach 20 degrees or more by Saturday.
    Further outlook : There are early signs of a possible warm and mostly dry spell in the following few days."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I used to love going to EP. I hope it's a good gig this year, but i will not be going.

I reckon the fact hat there was no Oxegen this year, tied in with MCD's joke, as an event organisation company was too much for me to ignore.

They have ruined it for me.

That said, hope everyone that does go, has a brilliant time, and it all goes without any trouble. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 headlikea

MCD have nothing to do with it. John Reynolds is the organiser/ promoter of the Electric Picnic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MCD (through Festival Republic) own a majority stake in EP for the last few years.

as much as I like whinging about MCD, EP was pretty awful organisation-wise in 2009 before Festival Republic got properly involved. since then it's been much better and there's little about it that I could point out that has changed for the worse with them involved.
    from an organisational point of view, it's just as good now as when i first went in 2005 IMO.

Jeez the posters have been well behaved so far, normally around this time many random EP threads spring up only to get locked again. Maybe the onslaught has still to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Oxjam tent - Friday 31st.

Lisa Mc Laughlin 7:00 pm
    MyOrchestral 8:00
    Swords 9:00
    Peter and The Pure Hearts 10:00
    The Amazing Few 11:00
    The Hot Sprockets 12:00
    DC Tempest 1 am
    Punch Face Champion 2 am

• Registered Users Posts: 44 headlikea

MCD (through Festival Republic) own a majority stake in EP for the last few years.

as much as I like whinging about MCD, EP was pretty awful organisation-wise in 2009 before Festival Republic got properly involved. since then it's been much better and there's little about it that I could point out that has changed for the worse with them involved.
    from an organisational point of view, it's just as good now as when i first went in 2005 IMO.

Apologies, I didn't realise this

headlikea wrote: »
    MCD have nothing to do with it. John Reynolds is the organiser/ promoter of the Electric Picnic.

MCD have enough vested interest in it, to want to save money by cutting corners (It's what they do).

Once Aiken were gone, so was Electric Picnic.

I didn't go after 2010. I thought 2009 was a farce and 2010 wasn't much better. But i am glad to hear it's (getting) back on track. I might re-think next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 AD 80

How far is it from the car park to the main campsite/arena area? This is my first year at EP and was wondering if it'd be possible to keep stuff in the car and go get what I need every day from it. Is that crazy or a reasonable idea?

• Advertisement

AD 80 wrote: »
    How far is it from the car park to the main campsite/arena area? This is my first year at EP and was wondering if it'd be possible to keep stuff in the car and go get what I need every day from it. Is that crazy or a reasonable idea?

If you have a camping ticket you can come and go as you please throughout the weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

AD 80 wrote: »

It's about a 10-15 minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭TheFlamingo

Would it be totally unreasonable to consider driving home each night and back the next morning? What's the car park like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Depends where home is? Car parks should be okay weather depending.

Back to Dublin... My main concern is getting out of the carpark to be honest, I have a fear of getting boxed in by a load of cars and then having to sleep in the car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Dublin would be a fair spin every night. Probably better off trying to get a cheap hotel in Portlaoise probably cost as much as the petrol. Think all the cars are given enough space you would be sound getting in and out.

I'll have a think about it, thanks for the help :)

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭McSheez

Oxjam tent - Friday 31st.

Lisa Mc Laughlin 7:00 pm
    MyOrchestral 8:00
    Swords 9:00
    Peter and The Pure Hearts 10:00
    The Amazing Few 11:00
    The Hot Sprockets 12:00
    DC Tempest 1 am
    Punch Face Champion 2 am

Beasty little lineup right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Nelly_Lemon

Back to Dublin... My main concern is getting out of the carpark to be honest, I have a fear of getting boxed in by a load of cars and then having to sleep in the car :D

You shouldn't get boxed in by cars, car parks are pretty organised. The potential problem could be how soft the ground is, you might get caught in the mud. But if the weather is ok, this shouldn't be a problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement