Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

watching Reading/Leeds on BBC red button, getting in the mood now :D

is a bit of a downer though looking at the lineup and some of the bands that are touring/in this area that could have been booked for EP; Passion Pit, Friends, At the Drive-In, Sleigh Bells, Miike Snow, Alt-J, The Gaslight Anthem, Graham Coxon and a few more....

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭kwat

weather is looking promising for next weekend...

Friday & Saturday: Mostly dry, with sunny spells, the best of these in the east and south. Some cloud also, especially in Atlantic coastal areas, with patches of mist or drizzle possible. Temperatures will gradually recover, with moderate to fresh southwest breezes. Values could reach 20 degrees or more by Saturday.
    Further outlook : There are early signs of a possible warm and mostly dry spell in the following few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,586 ✭✭✭✭fits

Dublin would be a fair spin every night. Probably better off trying to get a cheap hotel in Portlaoise probably cost as much as the petrol. Think all the cars are given enough space you would be sound getting in and out.

or carlow... bit further away but its only about 20 minutes to stradbally and nobody thinks to stay there.

I'm driving there and back every day. Could not be bothered with the camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭msshono

Is there any way to know if tickets are sold out? I just advertised 2 x Sunday day tickets on Gumtree and got offered twice what i was asking and E100 more than the total face value...! So im tempted to make the sale and take the nice profit of E100 but it seems a bit mad to pay so much more for the tickets if they are still available on Ticketmaster... Also the tickets were a gift so not looking to make a profit, just get the cash for them and put it to better use (on holidays!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

msshono wrote: »
    Is there any way to know if tickets are sold out? I just advertised 2 x Sunday day tickets on Gumtree and got offered twice what i was asking and E100 more than the total face value...! So im tempted to make the sale and take the nice profit of E100 but it seems a bit mad to pay so much more for the tickets if they are still available on Ticketmaster... Also the tickets were a gift so not looking to make a profit, just get the cash for them and put it to better use (on holidays!)

They're still available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

kwat wrote: »
    weather is looking promising for next weekend...

Friday & Saturday: Mostly dry, with sunny spells, the best of these in the east and south. Some cloud also, especially in Atlantic coastal areas, with patches of mist or drizzle possible. Temperatures will gradually recover, with moderate to fresh southwest breezes. Values could reach 20 degrees or more by Saturday.
    Further outlook : There are early signs of a possible warm and mostly dry spell in the following few days.

as long as we don't get anything like the poor campers in Creamfields.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I will give 5/1 odds to anyone who thinks this will sell out! No way. Tickets too expensive. What's the youth unemployment rate these days?

Nobody I really know is going to this, about 2 or 3 years ago there'd be a crew of 20. I think 3 days camping alone would be fairly **** so thinking of staying at a hotel nearby and not drinking. Anyone planning on doing this/ever done this?

Muir wrote: »
    They're still available.

Thanks Muir, i thought as much. The offer seems a bit odd and too good to be true...

Thanks Muir, i thought as much. The offer seems a bit odd and too good to be true...

Any chance they didn't read your ad properly & think they're getting full weekend tickets?

Any chance they didn't read your ad properly & think they're getting full weekend tickets?

Ya maybe they misread it but this is the ad i placed'

'2 x Sunday Electric Picnic tickets for sale
    2 day tickets for Sunday worth E200 but will sell for E150 total.'

So I think thats fairly clear what the deal is...Ive emailed them back anyhow asking why theyre prepared to pay so much and if they have a Paypal account...Im conjuring up images of been handed over counterfeit notes and all sorts...ive a very suspicious personality :D

• Advertisement

Ya maybe they misread it but this is the ad i placed'

'2 x Sunday Electric Picnic tickets for sale
    2 day tickets for Sunday worth E200 but will sell for E150 total.'

So I think thats fairly clear what the deal is...Ive emailed them back anyhow asking why theyre prepared to pay so much and if they have a Paypal account...Im conjuring up images of been handed over counterfeit notes and all sorts...ive a very suspicious personality :D

They might have just searched Electric Picnic tickets, looked at the price & not actually bother reading the words. But yeah, I'd definitely be wary of someone willing to pay that much when they're still on sale.

They might have just searched Electric Picnic tickets, looked at the price & not actually bother reading the words. But yeah, I'd definitely be wary of someone willing to pay that much when they're still on sale.

We'll see if they reply to my email back to them querying why they are offering twice the asking price! Have another offer anyhow for the E150 asked anyhow so looks like I should be able to sell them.

Thanks for the advice/feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jagerluvinliamo

MCD (through Festival Republic) own a majority stake in EP for the last few years.

as much as I like whinging about MCD, EP was pretty awful organisation-wise in 2009 before Festival Republic got properly involved. since then it's been much better and there's little about it that I could point out that has changed for the worse with them involved.
    from an organisational point of view, it's just as good now as when i first went in 2005 IMO.

What was so bad about 2009? Are we talking about number of jacks or something?

That was my first year there and they have been cutting back on things since,
    no bollywood tent anymore
    no bar in the crawdaddy tent
    no speigletent
    no this is pop baby.
    No forking out for lucent dosier or anything like that
    Arcadia aint coming this year for their own reasons but ive my doubts they fully gonna make up for their absence.

Just looking back at the 2008 map and there are heaps of things not there anymore. Only thing i can see that festival republic have done is cut back on nooks and crannies and be look after their drinks sponsors more.

That and the fact stories of thefts and other bad behavior have gone up too.

Don't get me wrong i still love it and i am going again this year but it aint the can't miss event for me anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Will there by anywhere to watch GAA matches on the Sunday?

Motorist wrote: »
    Will there by anywhere to watch GAA matches on the Sunday?

Nope, but the town's 15 minutes away

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

They better not be teasing us with all these forecasts of dry conditions... sounds like it may be close to be being a completely dry few days, somewhat overcast with sunny spells. I'd certainly take that....

From Met Eireann:

Friday & Weekend: More settled weather will develop from the south during Friday and over the weekend. Many areas will be dry with the best of the pleasant sunny periods most likely in the south and east. Indications suggest cloudier conditions in the west and north and there may be some rain at times in parts of the northwest and north, especially the coastal areas, but good dry periods also. Winds will be mostly southwesterly and temperatures will gradually recover, pushing in to the low twenties over the next weekend in parts of the south and east.

They better not be teasing us with all these forecasts of dry conditions... sounds like it may be close to be being a completely dry few days, somewhat overcast with sunny spells. I'd certainly take that....

From Met Eireann:

Friday & Weekend: More settled weather will develop from the south during Friday and over the weekend. Many areas will be dry with the best of the pleasant sunny periods most likely in the south and east. Indications suggest cloudier conditions in the west and north and there may be some rain at times in parts of the northwest and north, especially the coastal areas, but good dry periods also. Winds will be mostly southwesterly and temperatures will gradually recover, pushing in to the low twenties over the next weekend in parts of the south and east.

I know, I got very excited when I heard the forecast last night. However looking out the window now and given the summer we've had I am not taking sun or dry weather for granted and I'm packing poncho & wet gear galore.
    At least it looks like it will be warm, warm rain is better than cold rain:D

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

do they give some kind of warning if tickets are close to selling out? i'm playing a precarious game at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Count_Hook

Anyone have any info on the posh toilets/showers etc? The girlfriend is saying she's thinking twice about going unless the standard of jacks improves.

I hear about this every year but have never managed to find them - have never been too bothered but since herself is now on the scene it has now become and issue!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

They might say something on their Facebook and Twitter but there is no guarantee that it isn't them trying to drum up last minute sales. I reckon if we start seeing ads in print and radio with "weather forecast dry and sunny" on them appearing they probably didn't believe there was a chance of it selling out on its own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Anybody know of any Sunday day trips going from Cork/Fermoy/Mitchelstown direction?

I'd love to go for the whole weekend but only back from a few days at Tennents Vital & Belsonic festivals in Belfast and also two days at Marlay Park so funds are tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Count_Hook wrote: »
    Anyone have any info on the posh toilets/showers etc? The girlfriend is saying she's thinking twice about going unless the standard of jacks improves.

I hear about this every year but have never managed to find them - have never been too bothered but since herself is now on the scene it has now become and issue!!

There are plenty of posh toilets around and there is never a big queue until the Sunday once everyone has heard about them.
    They were by the comedy tent last year.

Count_Hook wrote: »
    Anyone have any info on the posh toilets/showers etc?

There is a company called Comfy Crappers who have been there in the past though their event page has nothing for 2012 right now. They're usually in the red campsite near the camping shop.

I used one a few years ago was something like 3 euro "a session" or 10 for 20 or something similar. I went for the later and ended up giving away the tickets as the queues were as bad as the regular toilets at busy times and I was rarely in the campsite the other times. They were definitely better than the campsite toilets but the Arena ones were OK enough that I was never bothered to head back to the campsite to use the tickets.

Velvet toilet paper also have "luxury loos" somewhere in the Mindfield section of the Arena. I never bothered using them and there usually is a queue. They don't seem to be on the map this year though. Can't find a 2011 map to compare to see if they were there.

all this talk about toilets etc....no matter what state the jacks is in folks, please remember to carry (and use) a small bottle of anti-bacterial gel. That Channel 4 show, Embarrassing Bodies did a study on the sort of stuff lingering in those festival toilets and you really don't want to know the details but the majority of nasty bacteria was found on the handles etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I know, I got very excited when I heard the forecast last night. However looking out the window now and given the summer we've had I am not taking sun or dry weather for granted and I'm packing poncho & wet gear galore.
    At least it looks like it will be warm, warm rain is better than cold rain:D

Yea, lets hope the rain stays away this weekend. BUT, even if the weather is fine, the place will be an absolute mudfest. the grounds haven't had a chance to dry out at all. The woods are in a cruel way i believe, so come Friday evening the grounds will be cut up badly.

Yea, lets hope the rain stays away this weekend. BUT, even if the weather is fine, the place will be an absolute mudfest. the grounds haven't had a chance to dry out at all. The woods are in a cruel way i believe, so come Friday evening the grounds will be cut up badly.

definitely. Mudfest already I'd say :eek:

Sunday Day tickets showing up as SOLD OUT on ticketmaster this morning. Weekend tickets still available!!
    they're back onsale now...

I reckon the arena will be fine. The routes in the forest and under the trees are going to be the worst. Campsite might get bad in places there are no walk ways. I reckon not as bad as 2009 but probably not a million miles away from it.

definitely. Mudfest already I'd say :eek:
    hopefully bodhrandude or one of the other volunteers heading down early in the next few days will be able to give an update before Friday on how it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Can anyone tell me roughly where the boxoffice is? I can't see it on the festival site map I am collecting my tickets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement