Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I think there are two. I came in the coach entrance last year and there were a couple of Ticketmaster kiosks in Portacabins there. There is also a slightly fancier one just before the main entrance from the car parks with a big wooden TICKETS sign above it. I have no idea how they coordinate ticket pick ups between them and my guess is only the main one does that while both sell tickets.

EDIT: Actually you can see the box office on this map (number 3). There isn't one listed down by the coach arena so I think that was just ticket sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/Stradbally+EIXX5372:1:EI

Fri
    Aug 31
    63°F
    50°F
    Mostly Cloudy
    CHANCE OF RAIN:
    0%

WIND:
    SSW at 12 mph
    Sat
    Sep 1
    65°
    54°
    Partly Cloudy
    CHANCE OF RAIN:
    10%

WIND:
    SW at 13 mph
    Sun
    Sep 2
    66°
    54°
    Mostly Sunny
    CHANCE OF RAIN:
    0%

WIND:
    SW at 11 mph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

4 more days!!

Tried searching the thread and someone mentioned that you can bring your own drink into the arena after 10.30pm. Does anyone know if you can bring plastic bottles in during the day i.e pre-mixed alcohol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Im afraid not unless you can conseal them well! I find the groin to be the best spot! It's the one area security cant really go grabbing at!

Im afraid not unless you can conseal them well! I find the groin to be the best spot! It's the one area security cant really goin grabbing at!

even for plastic bottles?!

Previous years we used to put a load of cans in a drawstring bag and then put these on under hoodies/coats so it looks like you aren't carrying anything!

Failing that we used to sling them under the fence near the checkpoint and go round and collect them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

wellies a must so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Ya, if you crush the bottle up so there is no air just liquid, it should fit down there handy enough! Im talking a small 500ml bottle now not a 2l. Probably as well to fill it with spirits and get you mixer inside!

Ya, if you crush the bottle up so there is no air just liquid, it should fit down there handy enough! Im talking a small 500ml bottle now not a 2l. Probably as well to fill it with spirits and get you mixer inside!

Or fill up a zip lock bag with spirits then get a plastic glass and mixer inside!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

tmc86 wrote: »
    4 more days!!

Tried searching the thread and someone mentioned that you can bring your own drink into the arena after 10.30pm. Does anyone know if you can bring plastic bottles in during the day i.e pre-mixed alcohol?

I have a system in place with a few years which works well for me. I have 2 nagans of vodka/whiskey with me when I'm heading to the arena. Just before the security search, I place one in the sole of each of my wellies and stand on top of them and walk (in pain may I add) through security. When inside, I buy a mineral and mix my drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

what about camel packs?

• Advertisement

camel packs can be quite expensive plus if the sun is out I don't want to have something sitting on my back for the day.

Halfords do them starting at 35€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Be careful when stuffing cans down your pants. Went through security last year and he just took one look at the massive bulge in my trousers and said "don't take the piss now" and motioned me to the back of the queue. I tried to say I was just happy to see him but he said to go drink them and then come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I have a system in place with a few years which works well for me. I have 2 nagans of vodka/whiskey with me when I'm heading to the arena. Just before the security search, I place one in the sole of each of my wellies and stand on top of them and walk (in pain may I add) through security. When inside, I buy a mineral and mix my drink.
    i'd be way too scared of one breaking and cutting up my foot to try that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

garrkell wrote: »
    wellies a must so?

Yes. Doesn't matter if it's rain or shine, you're going to need wellies unless you want to get stinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

No timetable until Wednesday night according to EP on Twitter.

That's a lot later than last year as I remember it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I've always got away with Doc Martins. They support your feet rather than wreck them, stop you breaking your ankle, and steel toes are amazing for saving your feet in the pit.

EDIT: Any good deals on slabs for EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Nellsbells

Does anyone know what road is entrance 2 on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

do they give some kind of warning if tickets are close to selling out? i'm playing a precarious game at the moment.

Asked Ticketmaster on twitter whether they'll be tickets available at the festival site on the Friday, they said there would be so they seem fairly confident it won't sell out by then!

Then again if you really want to go, you should probably get a ticket asap just in case!

ED E wrote: »
    EDIT: Any good deals on slabs for EP?

Usual spots like Tesco all have offers on. Tesco have an offer on pretty much all their beer starting at €25 for a slab of miller.

O'Briens off license have 12 cans (bulmers/hein/carlsberg etc) for €15 so you can get a slab of Bulmers for €30 which is very cheap! They are also doing 1l of Huzzar for €19.99 and 70cl Smirnoff for 16.99

Dunnes/Supervalu/Superquinn will all have pretty much the same offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Do you have to smuggle spirits and stuff into the campsite, or are they allowed if they're in plastic bottles?

Just wondering how they gauge this whole '48 can maximum' if you can bring spirits. Was kind of wondering how they were going to check if you've 48 cans too though, because wouldn't that take forever if you had to check everybody?

• Advertisement

Sorry if this has been asked already, but whats the car park like?

Havnt been before, is it a proper car park or a field? Does it have enough space for a decent amount of cars?

Yeah you can bring spirits into the campsite so long as theyre in plastic containers you don't have to smuggle them in.

Realistically they won't be checking everyone and most people will prob be carry slabs instead of having them in a bag so security will prob gauge it that way

cisk wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but whats the car park like?

Havnt been before, is it a proper car park or a field? Does it have enough space for a decent amount of cars?

They'll be plenty of space for cars since they are just grass fields. Best to get there earlier though as you want to park as close to the campsites as you can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

So, what time do people plan to hit Stradbally at? I was thinking if I arrived at 11 how would the car parks/ approach roads be at that time based on last years experience anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

So, what time do people plan to hit Stradbally at? I was thinking if I arrived at 11 how would the car parks/ approach roads be at that time based on last years experience anyone?

I usually target 11 to get there. You have your pick of where to camp and it's good to get settled and soak it all up for the day before the Main arena opens.

I've been twice before and we usually aim to get down there for about 12-1pm we were late one year arriving at about 4pm and there was no problem, we still managed to park ok and pitch our tent.

People will be arriving throughout the day and into the evening so there never seems to be a rush. before we arrive our group usually meets in abbeyleix and we go for a pub lunch/substantial meal to set us up for the weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Hi folks,

I have to head up early Sunday due to work commitments. I was going to get the train from Portlaoise to Dublin, does anyone know how I can get into portlaois from the event? I thought there was going to be shuttle busses, but looking at the site it says its only from Monday.

Thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

mwrf wrote: »
    I usually target 11 to get there. You have your pick of where to camp and it's good to get settled and soak it all up for the day before the Main arena opens.

I'm staying at the Pink Moon camp site so I'm OK for location of tent but yeah, the idea of taking time to soak up the atmosphere as it builds throughout the day sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Has anyone heard anythin about sniffer dogs potentially being there? I hope it's just a nasty rumour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

thehamo wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I have to head up early Sunday due to work commitments. I was going to get the train from Portlaoise to Dublin, does anyone know how I can get into portlaois from the event? I thought there was going to be shuttle busses, but looking at the site it says its only from Monday.

Thanks,

From EP site:

"Shuttle buses from Portlaoise Train Station to festival are courtesy of Martleys Buses /Ph 05786 20888. Buses will be at station waiting for every train arriving."

Same every year. They are unlikely to have missed out on the Sunday only crowd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement