Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

How advisable would it be to drive down?. Cant leave until 6 ish on friday as I have to work so realistically how long am I looking at it take to get down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ecoeco

Pink Moon is only for people who got the crazy €160 for 2 deal so where a tent is provided yeah?

Where do you pay to enter the Boutique camping site, is it on the day? On the map the Boutique seems different from the Pink Moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

I believe with boutique camping, its only for folks who booked accommodation.

http://electricpicnic.ie/alternativecampingoptions

Yes pink moon is tent,inflatable mattress, sleeping bags etc.

I believe with boutique camping, its only for folks who booked accommodation.

http://electricpicnic.ie/alternativecampingoptions

So the boutique are will only have the teepee's and yurts etc, it wont have normal people with tents that want a bit of space?

I don't know what normal is...... try the quiet campsite if you need space. There are showers dotted around the campsites as per website http://electricpicnic.ie/sleeping. Unfortunately boutique is for those who booked the various overpriced accommodation .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Will probably set up camp in the Andy Warhol campsite. I just have one query, are there baby changing stations near this campsite because of the lads is considering bringing his young lad with him!?

Thanks in advance :)

Mod edit: don't need talk about sneaking in, thanks.

Shnaking in babies to a festival on the cheap, classy Dubs as always :D

ecoeco wrote: »
    Shnaking in babies to a festival on the cheap, classy Dubs as always :D

Yeah I hope he doesn't but his buggy will come in handy, don't fancy carrying all that beer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,586 ✭✭✭✭fits

Have they any notion of releasing the timetable?! (sigh)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

fits wrote: »
    Have they any notion of releasing the timetable?! (sigh)
    said yesterday it would be out Wednesday night.
    all day thursday planning so :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

It is fun watching the Facebook and Twitter and seeing that question getting asked so many times that the promoters are starting to snap at people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭mountain

I can highly recommend that anyone going should seek out Paul Buchanan,
    saw him at Liss Ard, where he played the acoustic tent, it was a truly magical experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,586 ✭✭✭✭fits

Toast wrote: »
    It is fun watching the Facebook and Twitter and seeing that question getting asked so many times that the promoters are starting to snap at people.

I just looked at the fb page. :D

In fairness though... its late for it! From my point of view, I'm not camping there and will be getting lifts there and back as well as having other stuff on and would like to plan the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it would be great if they put it out a few days ago with a few TBC's on there.

there's several bands who've already posted up the times they're playing, and a few of the smaller stage times have already been announced. so even if there were a few changes tomorrow, at least people could have a fairly good idea of who's on when.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Naid23 wrote: »
    How advisable would it be to drive down?. Cant leave until 6 ish on friday as I have to work so realistically how long am I looking at it take to get down.

Its usually fine. Thats how I usually go. Traffic is generally fine at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Its usually fine. Thats how I usually go. Traffic is generally fine at that time.

Thank you!!.. can't wait now! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

it would be great if they put it out a few days ago with a few TBC's on there.

I reckon that publishing the timetable is bad business for them as the big poster of acts suddenly becomes a lot smaller when you realise most clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brandy2272

Hi a few questions for those experienced EPers! What time do the acts finish up on Sunday? Also what are the buses back to Dublin like after the acts on Sunday - would they be pretty busy or do most people camp til Monday morning?

I camp til Monday. Everything would be finished round 2 on the Sunday, but there's aftershow parties for people who were working the weekend that would go on til 4 or 5. Just get chummy with the staff and you'll find out :)

Mr.S wrote: »
    Buy a ****ing ticket, jesus. Really hope yous get caught (probably will), absolutely no time for people like you.

I would but I can't afford it! We probably won't get caught because we have a ridiculously good plan, I have plenty of time for you if you ever need to talk :)

• Advertisement

nbar12 wrote: »
    I would but I can't afford it!

Erm.... Tough luck?

Mr.S wrote: »
    You don't have the money so you shouldn't go tbh, if you don't have money for clothes do you rob from shops? :rolleyes:

Post again bragging about sneaking in and you won't be posting on here again.

You make a very good point and to be completely honest with you, us sneaking in probably won't happen because we're a bunch of bottlers! Saying that, if we do, I'm sure my cockyness will come back to haunt us and get us caught! Anyway, hopefully I'll win the lotto tomorrow and I'll refund you all of your EP tickets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mydadsandy

Quick one for somebody with EP experience.

I am an EP virgin so be gentle. Which is the best camp-site to stay in and what does each one have to offer?

I heard one is more quiet than the other but is there any major difference?

Thanks!

Well the quiet one if you want to head to bed early and get some kip......but listen just go down observe who is camping if they look friendly and sound, make friends set up beside them. EP crowd area friendly lot!! Have fun losing your virginity should always be special!

Even though I appear kewl and rugged, I am also an EP virgin.
    Been to Ox, Indiependance a few times and Optimus Alive in Lisbon a few weeks ago, but am really looking forward to the experience that will be EP

Quick note to EP virgins:

It will never be as good as '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11

(Just in case no-one gets around to mentioning that to you :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Yeah have noticed that alright!haha Apparently the full timetable was released a week before the festival last year though!

I think you're right that part of it could be that they don't want to put people off by showing all the bands that will clash etc. From that point of view, waiting til as close as possible to the festival is a smart move for them I guess!

Quick note to EP virgins:

It will never be as good as '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11

(Just in case no-one gets around to mentioning that to you :pac:)

Its as good as you make it.....its such a great festival for random craic and banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mydadsandy

Besides the actual "quiet" camp-site.

I can see three on the map. Jimi Hendrix, Andy Warhol and Oscar Wilde...

any difference in the three other than proximity to the car park / concert arena?

• Advertisement

Your going to have to walk, a distance anyways. I'd rather be further from the car and stuck beside some sound folks than close to the car but beside scobes......or worse squares! oscar wilde is near the salty dog stage in wood, Hendrix and Andy Warhol are the biggest and most full usually. Hendrix is closer to arena, showers spar (or was it centra) etc, warhol is nearer the carparks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement