Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

Its as good as you make it.....its such a great festival for random craic and banter.

It's my favourite time of the year. I eschewed a sun holiday so I could go to the picnic this year. But ever since I first went in '07, every year I get people going, "Ah it's great but nowhere near as good as blah blah blah".

I think every year is deadly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Hi lads, do EP have the day breakdown/times etc on those handy little necklaces like Oxegen did. First time going but there are 20+ bands i want to see so they would be handy! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭acostelloe1

mydadsandy wrote: »
    Besides the actual "quiet" camp-site.

I can see three on the map. Jimi Hendrix, Andy Warhol and Oscar Wilde...

any difference in the three other than proximity to the car park / concert arena?

I have been every year bar one and my fav is the Jimi Hendrix. Good location and plenty of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

It's my favourite time of the year. I eschewed a sun holiday so I could go to the picnic this year. But ever since I first went in '07, every year I get people going, "Ah it's great but nowhere near as good as blah blah blah".

I think every year is deadly :)

To be fair some years musically have been better than others....bt I still have the craic....it honestly isn't so much about the line up ..more so about the people and the vibe! sad I know but I love that element, it never fails me!

Hi lads, do EP have the day breakdown/times etc on those handy little necklaces like Oxegen did. First time going but there are 20+ bands i want to see so they would be handy! Thanks.

too funny

• Advertisement

too funny

Its a legit question. How do you find that funny?

read back a over last two pages!!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

anyone know of any place selling cheap camelbaks or alternatives? BaseCamp next to Arnotts are selling them for €60. i got one for €20 last year... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't think anyone asked/answered that question so far though..

Yeah people have asked about the timetable but not about the necklace yokes!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gracielooks

@toast We got moved out of it for being noisy, at 6pm the first day! So yeah, I think you could call it a quiet site, haha

• Advertisement

I did. I know they have not released the stage breakdowns yet. Thats not what I am asking. No body has asked about the necklaces yet which are usually sold at the gate.

they always do yes, but wait until they release timetable, then print it off and put in plastic sleeve. cheaper and helps you not get the neck yanked off you by folks trying to find when bands are playing.

I think I'm definitely going to go ahead with the spirit and juice in a freezer bag way to get drink in.

Here's a question, years ago, people used to smuggle booze in oranges into football matches (They'd inject oranges with vodka - pretty genius imo) You'd probably be able to do bring an orange through before 10 wouldn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

I did. I know they have not released the stage breakdowns yet. Thats not what I am asking. No body has asked about the necklaces yet which are usually sold at the gate.
    they sell those at every major festival. EP give out a book on all the bands too usually.

Quick note to EP virgins:

It will never be as good as '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11

(Just in case no-one gets around to mentioning that to you :pac:)

Ha ha ha, gas, 05 was the best though! Although I'm open to 12 being better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

I think I'm definitely going to go ahead with the spirit and juice in a freezer bag way to get drink in.

Or if you have time before pick up some of the large capri sun's with the twist off cap and fill those at home with a premix or else just straight spirits and get your mixer inside. Easier to hide than a bottle :D

Here's a question, years ago, people used to smuggle booze in oranges into football matches (They'd inject oranges with vodka - pretty genius imo) You'd probably be able to do bring an orange through before 10 wouldn't you?

Good idea! I'm thinking gin in my lemons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Im planning on emptying a few 70cl bottle of spirits into a 1litre bottle and bringing it into the camp site.

Is this not allowed or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Good idea! I'm thinking gin in my lemons

Please... Its gin in limes. Who the **** eats lemons with their gin. This is a sophisticated festival, not Oxygen...

Hogzy wrote: »
    Im planning on emptying a few 70cl bottle of spirits into a 1litre bottle and bringing it into the camp site.

yeah you can bring them into the campsite just not the main arena!

• Advertisement

it is just not into the arena before 10 I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

tmc86 wrote: »
    yeah you can bring them into the campsite just not the main arena!

ye you can you just have to hide them. i did it lastyear and never lost a drink :)

garrkell wrote: »
    anyone know of any place selling cheap camelbaks or alternatives? BaseCamp next to Arnotts are selling them for €60. i got one for €20 last year... :/

The Great Outdoors have them for €29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

No glass bottles...

Soak a tshirt in booze, then wear it into the arena while sucking on it :P

I hope maths isn't your strong point :pac:

I hope maths isn't your strong point :pac:

I meant 70cl into a number of 1litre bottles. Wouldnt dare mix Gin and Vodka, Id be going home on the saturday in an ambulance

I meant 70cl into a number of 1litre bottles. Wouldnt dare mix Gin and Vodka, Id be going home on the saturday in an ambulance

But more importantly that would just be a waste of Gin and Vodka :p

Ladies and gents, I give you: Vodka Infused Oranges

• Advertisement

Ladies and gents, I give you: Vodka Infused Oranges

Mother of God......it's like alchemy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement