Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Eod100 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is The Cure's set very long at 3 hours?

They mentioned that in a Hotpress interview this week. Playing a full set instead of the standard festival slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Looks good for the wknd especially Saturday:

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Portlaoise-EIXX0038

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

catch--22 wrote: »
    They mentioned that in a Hotpress interview this week. Playing a full set instead of the standard festival slot.

Would prefer the standard festival slot! Could lose the crowd on a long set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

keith_d99 wrote: »

don't they always play long festival sets?

dunno about the rest of crowd, but they lost me at Oxegen 2004, I drifted off when I didn't recognise most of the songs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

keith_d99 wrote: »

don't they always play long festival sets?

dunno about the rest of crowd, but they lost me at Oxegen 2004, I drifted off when I didn't recognise most of the songs
    The set in 2004 was made up of more obscure and newer material. It was awesome! I noticed allot of people lost a bit of interest when they didn't play any of their hits... butt that's not necessarily what seeing the cure is about. I think this time should be more mainstream. Check out the set list from Reading for an idea

• Advertisement

here's the timetable made official

http://electricpicnic.ie/downloads/EPtimetable2012.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Timetable:

293413_10151139451229168_697636714_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Had a feeling that EP would release the timetable earlier as a result..

Well here it is: http://electricpicnic.ie/downloads/EPtimetable2012.pdf

Pretty sure it's the exact same as the earlier one..

Had a feeling that EP would release the timetable earlier as a result..

Well here it is: http://electricpicnic.ie/downloads/EPtimetable2012.pdf

Pretty sure it's the exact same as the earlier one..

few small changes.

like Junior Boys on the sunday now at 12am instead of Saturday at 7pm and clashing with Richard Hawlet! Get in

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TheBeetles

posted this a few pages ago but it got lost.

Does anybody know if there are buses coming back sunday night for people with day tickets, to cork in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

just need the times for the rest of the stages now :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Looking at the timetable it's hard not to get a little excited.

Of course, I'm not going. But I am going to Bestival the week after and it's a fairly similar line up but I kind of wish I was going to EP too, especially as Stradbally is only ten miles from my hometown....

Sunday afternoon on the main stage looks promising. Really looking forward to seeing Michael Kiwanuka

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Still waiting for all the Body and Soul stages, official times for Oxjam stage (really want to see Codes on Saturday but can't find out what time they are on), and breakdown for Jimmi Lee's Juke Joint stage.

Does anyone know when these stages wil all be announced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Why the fook are Crystal Castles and EITS on the main stage? they belong in tents!

nocoverart wrote: »
    Why the fook are Crystal Castles and EITS on the main stage? they belong in tents!
    agreed, could have put BellX1 on the main stage and moved one of them to their slot at least...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Gavin Friday on the main stage is brave to say the least, while so many good acts clash between the crawdaddy stage and the electric arena. Crystal castles belong in a packed dark tent along with eits. Very strange timetable.
    Lanterns on the lake who play the Cosby stage at 7:15pm on the Sinday are worth a look

Anyone know can you is there a list of stuff you can't bring into the campsite/arena?

Can you bring cooking stoves/disposable bbqs into the campsite?

Can you bring umbrellas into the arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Now it feels like it is really starting. I'm not going to look at the timetable until Friday and maybe just go with the flow this year. Spent last year running around.

Nothing I want to see on Friday bar The xx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Now it feels like it is really starting. I'm not going to look at the timetable until Friday and maybe just go with the flow this year. Spent last year running around.

Nothing I want to see on Friday bar The xx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

richie hawtin 2hr set...sweeet dj wild before hand too for a nice warm-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Say later on in the evening, around 8 or 9, if you want to move from one stage (say the electric arena to the main arena) for an act, would it be inadvisable?

Like I know you won't get near the front but that wouldn't bother me. But would you still be able to hear them like?

If you can do that, then the timetable has worked out perfectly for me to be honest. Sunday is the least exciting day but I'm sure I'll find some way to fill in the gaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

i dont think anyone will be heading down thursday as it starts on friday but you never know, maybe some camper vans will be

Say later on in the evening, around 8 or 9, if you want to move from one stage (say the electric arena to the main arena) for an act, would it be inadvisable?

Like I know you won't get near the front but that wouldn't bother me. But would you still be able to hear them like?

If you can do that, then the timetable has worked out perfectly for me to be honest. Sunday is the least exciting day but I'm sure I'll find some way to fill in the gaps.
    yes, it would be fine.
    and you could probably get very close to the front of the main stage if you arrive just after the previous act finishes. in the tent you'll almost definitely get within the first 3 rows.
    pretty much every stage empties out after each act (although not really for the Little Big Tent as DJs will often play one after another).
    the only time might be the for Elbow and The Killers but you'd probably still get up near the front after Elbow finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

You can get a very decent place if you just arrive as the last act ends but it's gotta be almost immediately after it really

remember i strolled to fever ray a few years ago just as luck would have it everyone left, got front row center and she was on pretty damn soon after.. was awesome
    Anyone know can you is there a list of stuff you can't bring into the campsite/arena?

Not sure about disposable bbqs im sure its quite possible but you can bring the small gas camping things and no umbrellas. there i usually a list of do's and dont's on the site

Only starting getting my act together today for EP, still have the last 2 years wristbands on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Yeah you are allowed disposable bbqs in the campsite never had any hassle and it says it's ok on the website.

You'll be able to being umbrellas into main arena too

tmc86 wrote: »

Yeah you are allowed disposable bbqs in the campsite never had any hassle and it says it's ok on the website.

99.9% certain you can't bring umberallas into the stage.

-=al=- wrote: »

Not sure about disposable bbqs im sure its quite possible but you can bring the small gas camping things and no umbrellas. there i usually a list of do's and dont's on the site

tmc86 wrote: »

Thanks for that guys!

Found the info on the website after all. You're allowed bring disposable bbqs alright.But not allowed bring gas camping canisters.

99.9% certain you can't bring umberallas into the stage.

Ah no worries! Might ask EP on twitter tomorrow. Not that urgent really, was just curious more than anything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Good job lads you made them rush the timetable and now they've ripped a hole in the fabric of time and created two 2.15s on the Sunday in the Electric Arena! Well there goes the universe... again.

Rather happy with the timetable. Have pretty much something on all the time. Practically no clashes I'm worried about. Biggest problem is won't be any time for seeing the little things or talking nonsense to strangers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement