Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

a few photos from today:
    488257_10151140048904168_1974361989_n.jpg

199781_10151140049259168_2061533364_n.jpg

284996_10151140049169168_1027730579_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

tmc86 wrote: »
    Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone know can you is there a list of stuff you can't bring into the campsite/arena?

Can you bring cooking stoves/disposable bbqs into the campsite?

Can you bring umbrellas into the arena?

Yeah you are allowed disposable bbqs in the campsite never had any hassle and it says it's ok on the website.

You'll be able to being umbrellas into main arena too

99.9% certain you can't bring umberallas into the stage.

My bad thought you were allowed, ponchos it is then!

Although hopefully we won't need anything since its meant to be decent for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Toast wrote: »
    Good job lads you made them rush the timetable and now they've ripped a hole in the fabric of time and created two 2.15s on the Sunday in the Electric Arena! Well there goes the universe... again.

Good spot! Guesses that messes up all the times in the Electric Arena on Sunday so!

tmc86 wrote: »
    My bad thought you were allowed, ponchos it is then!

Although hopefully we won't need anything since its meant to be decent for the weekend

No hassle!

Yeah, hopefully you're right!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jagerluvinliamo

Besides Squarepusher , is there any one else that will provide a me a bit of a fix of drum and bass. Since Arcadia aint about i fear it may be lacking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Im seeing on facebook that its quite wet up there at the moment. Wellies are defo a requirement unfortunatly.

Good spot! Guesses that messes up all the times in the Electric Arena on Sunday so!
    i'd say Milagres will be on 12:30-1 or something, or else The Riptide Movement are on then and Milagres will be on in their slot.
    i doubt the last 4 or 5 that night will change anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I think they just mislabeled the next slot the same thing so probably doesn't throw everything off. They've just acknowledged it to someone on twitter there with an updated version due tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

@ghostdancer any sign of arcadia down there or something to replace it?

@ghostdancer any sign of arcadia down there or something to replace it?
    i'm not down there, those photos were put up on their facebook page.
    haven't heard of anything to replace it though. there's some techno acts on the other 2 body and soul stages, and possibly a few on the Forest Stage at various times if that's what you're after? don't think there'll be anything too hard though...

• Advertisement

i'm not down there, those photos were put up on their facebook page.
    haven't heard of anything to replace it though. there's some techno acts on the other 2 body and soul stages, and possibly a few on the Forest Stage at various times if that's what you're after? don't think there'll be anything too hard though...

no worries i taught you we're doing the build down there..plenty to keep me going on the lineup anyway. just loved the Arcadia arena after dark il miss it big time but il just hit the b&s area after dark..

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

rave in the woods goes on until 4 also

ya il deffo be hitting the woods aswell..iv a few mates heading up on sunday will they be able to go to the rave in the woods on a day ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Pretty happy with the timetable... I knew there was going to be some big casualty for me on Friday and looks like it'll be Christy Moore.

Was hoping he'd be on Main Stage and I'd go see him but he's in a tent and clashing with Sigur Ros so think he'll be missed.

Otherwise delighted that there are no clashes across Grizzly Bear, Metronomy, XX, Sigur Ros - and then Donal Dineen's Parish for the rest of the night in BnS - excellent!

Happy with Saturday too - good stuff early from the Trinity Orchestra, Wild Beasts etc. then Rustie / Caribou v 4 Tet / Orbital / Forest Stage will be a dance marathon - bring it on!

Sunday will be largely a day of recovery I feel... Bat For Lashes should make for a nice finish to things before the drive home.

The main worry is how to fit in browsing round the rest of the festival with so much music to check out - a good complaint :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Anyone else got their schedule done up?! Yep, I'm boring and organised.
    [B]Friday[/B]
    6.30-7.30	Grizzly Bear	ELECTRIC ARENA
    8.15-9.15	Roots Manuva	COSBY STAGE
    9.00-10.00	The xx	MAIN STAGE
    10:30-12:00	Sigur Ros	MAIN STAGE

[B]Saturday[/B]
    2.30-3.30	God Is An Astronaut	ELECTRIC ARENA
    4.00-5.00	Dexys	ELECTRIC ARENA
    4.30-5.30	Wild Beasts	MAIN STAGE
    5.30-6.30	SBTRKT	ELECTRIC ARENA
    6.00-7.00	Crystal Castles	MAIN STAGE
    7.00-8.00	Richard Hawley	ELECTRIC ARENA
    7.30-8.30	Explosions In The Sky	MAIN STAGE
    8.00 - 9.30	Hudson Mohawke	LITTLE BIG TENT
    9.00-12.00	The Cure	MAIN STAGE
    11.45-12.30	Grimes	COSBY STAGE
    12.45-2.15	Orbital	MAIN STAGE

[B]Sunday[/B]
    4.15-5.15	John Talabot	LITTLE BIG TENT	
    6.15-7.15	Bombay Bicycle Club	MAIN STAGE
    6.45-7.30	The Antlers	CRAWDADDY STAGE
    8.00-9.00	Cathy Davey	CRAWDADDY STAGE
    8.30-9.15	Perfume Genius	COSBY STAGE
    9.30-11.00	Todd Terje	CASA BACARDI
    11:00-12:00	Hot Chip	ELECTRIC ARENA
    12:00-01:00	Junior Boys	BODY & SOUL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

ya il deffo be hitting the woods aswell..iv a few mates heading up on sunday will they be able to go to the rave in the woods on a day ticket?

Yes. They'll also be allowed into the campsite (well, I was with my friends last year).

Lumbo wrote: »
    Yes. They'll also be allowed into the campsite (well, I was with my friends last year).

Never knew you were able to camp with a day ticket!

Maybe you met a friendly security guard! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I'm going and I'm happy to be going, but is there anybody else out there who feels less than inspired with this line-up? just looking at the set times alone has really hit home how weak the line-up is this year. Lots of people on here seem so excited by the line-up but as much as I try I don't feel the same. Really excited about having a laugh with my friends and meeting new faces BUT THE LINE-UP IS MEH IMO!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

nocoverart wrote: »
    I'm going and I'm happy to be going, but is there anybody else out there who feels less than inspired with this line-up? just looking at the set times alone has really hit home how weak the line-up is this year. Lots of people on here seem so excited by the line-up but as much as I try I don't feel the same. Really excited about having a laugh with my friends and meeting new faces BUT THE LINE-UP IS MEH IMO!

Line up is crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

everyone moaning about the lineup post back here next week and let us all know what your weekend was like :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

a few photos from today:
    488257_10151140048904168_1974361989_n.jpg

199781_10151140049259168_2061533364_n.jpg

284996_10151140049169168_1027730579_n.jpg
    Nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Anyone else got their schedule done up?! Yep, I'm boring and organised.
    [B]Friday[/B]
    6.30-7.30	Grizzly Bear	ELECTRIC ARENA
    8.15-9.15	Roots Manuva	COSBY STAGE
    9.00-10.00	The xx	MAIN STAGE
    10:30-12:00	Sigur Ros	MAIN STAGE

[B]Saturday[/B]
    2.30-3.30	God Is An Astronaut	ELECTRIC ARENA
    4.00-5.00	Dexys	ELECTRIC ARENA
    4.30-5.30	Wild Beasts	MAIN STAGE
    5.30-6.30	SBTRKT	ELECTRIC ARENA
    6.00-7.00	Crystal Castles	MAIN STAGE
    7.00-8.00	Richard Hawley	ELECTRIC ARENA
    7.30-8.30	Explosions In The Sky	MAIN STAGE
    8.00 - 9.30	Hudson Mohawke	LITTLE BIG TENT
    9.00-12.00	The Cure	MAIN STAGE
    11.45-12.30	Grimes	COSBY STAGE
    12.45-2.15	Orbital	MAIN STAGE

[B]Sunday[/B]
    4.15-5.15	John Talabot	LITTLE BIG TENT	
    6.15-7.15	Bombay Bicycle Club	MAIN STAGE
    6.45-7.30	The Antlers	CRAWDADDY STAGE
    8.00-9.00	Cathy Davey	CRAWDADDY STAGE
    8.30-9.15	Perfume Genius	COSBY STAGE
    9.30-11.00	Todd Terje	CASA BACARDI
    11:00-12:00	Hot Chip	ELECTRIC ARENA
    12:00-01:00	Junior Boys	BODY & SOUL

Yup! This is preliminary, and entirely subject to change, but at the moment my plan is:
    [B]Friday[/B]
    15.45 Wonder Villains, Electric Arena
    16.30 Cold Specks, Crawdaddy
    17.30 Little Roy, Crawdaddy
    18.30 The Jezebels, Crawdaddy
    19.45 Metronomy, Crawdaddy
    [U]21.00 The xx[/U], Main Stage
    22.30 Sigur Rós, Main Stage
    Aimless wandering

[B]Saturday[/B]
    12.15 Heathers, Electric Arena
    13.40 Tieranniesaur, Cosby
    15.45 Young Wonder, Body & Soul
    Aimless wandering
    [U]18.00 Crystal Castles, Main Stage[/U] *sigh* really wish it was in Electric Arena
    19.30 Explosions In The Sky, Main Stage/20.00 Patti Smith, Crawdaddy
    [U]21.00 The Cure, Main Stage[/U] (may run to Crawdaddy at 21.45 to see the Horrors if I'm not enjoying The Cure that much)
    23.45 Grimes, Cosby
    More aimless wandering. Might go see Orbital for a bit.

[B]Sunday[/B]
    13.00 Katie Kim, Cosby
    13.45 Kanyu Tree, Cosby
    16.00 Of Monsters and Men, Crawdaddy
    17.45 Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Little Big Tent
    18.45 The Antlers, Crawdaddy
    19.15 Lanterns on the Lake, Cosby
    20.00 Cathy Davey, Crawdaddy
    [U]21.30 Bat for Lashes[/U], Electric Arena
    23.00 Hot Chip, Electric Arena
    More aimless wandering

I've underlined the "absolute must see at any cost" ones, the rest are desirable but negotiable. :p I'm actually really looking forward to the "Aimless Wandering" parts; you never know what great bands you may stumble upon or what cool Body&Soul/Mindfield stuff you'll get into. :) Also need to fit in the rave in the woods some night.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Latest Met Eireann forecast still looking good, even though the risk of light rain seems higher now.
    FRIDAY: Overall the day will prove mostly dry, but scattered outbreaks of light rain will affect the northern half of the country. Highest temperatures 16 to 20 degrees Celsius, mildest in the south, where it will be brightest. Winds will be moderate southwesterly.
    SATURDAY: Very mild, even warm, with most areas seeing a lot of dry weather. However it will be rather cloudy and breezy at times, with occasional rain near Atlantic counties. Highest temperatures 17 to 21 degrees Celsius, warmest down along eastern counties, where sunshine will break through occasionally. Winds will be moderate to fresh southwesterly.
    SUNDAY: A warm day, with top temperatures of 18 to 23 degrees Celsius, and just light southwest breezes. Overall the day will be mostly dry with sunny spells, however there will be some duller episodes too, with the risk of a little light rain from time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Are Vadoinmessico off the lineup? They were in the Irish Times recommendations page and until recently down for Saturday but they've mysteriously disappeared now?

edit: Yup looks like earlier versions of the EP page had them on the front page listings and now mysteriously disappeared without announcement much like Os Mutantes in 2006 (NEVER FORGET!).

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭teejay

TheBeetles wrote: »
    posted this a few pages ago but it got lost.

Does anybody know if there are buses coming back sunday night for people with day tickets, to cork in particular.

I know for sure that there are always buses back to Dublin on Sunday night because I caught one last year. Not too sure about Cork though

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Count_Hook

Anyone know can you is there a list of stuff you can't bring into the campsite/arena?

Can you bring into the campsite?

Can you bring umbrellas into the arena?
    no cooking stoves - disposable bbqs can only be used in the designated bbq area.
    No umbrellas per se but theyre generally not too strict on this - my advice is dont bring in a big huge golf umbrella a small one will be grand.

Just remember to stand over at the side of the stage if you do have a brolly - people can get annoyed at being stuck behind such things!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I'm at work so the official site isn't working for me can anyone confirm that there will be the wheelbarrow stand there?

and if its before or after you go through the main entrance and getting your wristband?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

oh and clashfinder is updated now

http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2012/

Casa Bacardi being set up:
    523567_498725276806558_672528665_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I've underlined the "absolute must see at any cost" ones, the rest are desirable but negotiable. :p I'm actually really looking forward to the "Aimless Wandering" parts; you never know what great bands you may stumble upon or what cool Body&Soul/Mindfield stuff you'll get into. :) Also need to fit in the rave in the woods some night.

My absolute must sees are

Friday
    Metronomy
    Mark Lanegan

Saturday
    Dexys
    The Cure
    Richard Hawley

Sunday
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    The lads from Planxty
    Bat for Lashes