Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Here's the updated timetable..

They've changed the times to 24 hour format and fixed the errors in the set times in the Electric Arena on Sunday.

No sign of the Casa Barcadi and Body and Soul stage times in this one so I'd hold off printing it out just in case they're making changes to them!

http://electricpicnic.ie/downloads/EPtimetable2012.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

here's the rest of the B&S times:
    BAMBOO STAGE

Friday

6.00 Boy Lights Fire
    7.00 Ana Gog
    8.15 Bantum
    9.30 Forrests
    10.45 Lemonada
    00.45 TR One

Saturday

2.00 Roisin O
    3.00 Altered Hours
    4.00 Youth Mass
    5.15 Tn Charm
    6.30 Dott Band
    7.45 Glimmerman
    9.00 No Spill Blood
    11.00 Metaphi/Metske
    00.30 Spam Chop

Sunday

2.00 Little Oak
    3.00 The Rant
    4.00 N.C. Lawlor
    5.00 Tradohead
    5.50 Cian Finn
    7.00 Tujacques
    8.30 Replete
    10.00 Sunken Foal
    11.30 Space Dimension Controller

EARTHSHIP STAGE

Friday

7.00 Cat Dowling
    7.45 mynameisjOhn
    8.45 Reid
    10.00 Shane Mannion
    11.30 Big Dish Go
    1.00 Paddy Dooley
    2.30 Frenchie

Saturday

Noon Food waste & composting with Craig Benton
    1.30 Croupier
    2.30 Quack+Dirk Eco Fashion Show
    3.45 Woodstock Festival’s Michael Long interviewed by Dave Fanning
    5.15 Overhead, the Albatross
    6.00 TBC
    7.30 Ruari
    9.15 New Jackson
    10.30 Nightwave
    Midnight Romare
    2.00 Viperflo

Sunday

12.15 The Bambir
    1.20 Recycle Upcycle
    4.00 Ambience Affair
    5.00 Panel discussion – “inspriring humanity to protect our planet”
    6.15 Ham Sandwich
    7.15 Morbid Can Morbid
    8.15 Frank B
    10.00 Nanu Nanu
    11.00 SertOne
    Midnight Mother DJs
    2.00 Zemi17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

How frequent are the festival buses from EP into Portlaoise?

Just found out I have to work on the Monday which means I have to get back to Cavan for around 10pm on Sunday night :(

Usually I would drive for the weekend but my partner needs the car this weekend.

I am sorted for getting to EP on Friday but need to work out the best way to get back to Cavan on Sunday night. There are no buses (as far as I can find out) going from EP to Cavan on Sunday apart from a mini bus that isnt leaving until 2am on Monday morning.

I was thinking of getting a festival bus to Portlaoise then get the train to Hueston. Get the bus into Busarus and then the bus to Virginia. However that all hinges on me being able to get the 17:58 bus from Portlaoise.

Has anybody any experience on getting the train back on a Sunday? Would it be mental busy, would I need to be there hours before to get a seat?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bugsy1977

where will a man get a pair of wellies and how much should i expect to pay? cheers

bugsy1977 wrote: »
    where will a man get a pair of wellies and how much should i expect to pay? cheers

Dunnes - €18

Jesus. The questions are getting a little ridiculous and lazy.

"Can someone help me put up my tent?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

bugsy1977 wrote: »

Picked a pair up in Dunnes yesterday for €18.

Dunnes - €18

i wouldn't look on the EP facebook page then :pac:

popular yesterday was "are the killers and ed sheeran playing in the morning or night, i can't figure it out :("....

Dunnes - €18

Then you'll love this question.. haha will there be scouts/volunteers offering to put up tents for a donation?

I know it happens at some festivals but not sure about EP!

I would love if the Killers were on at 9am...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I've a new pair of wellies, which are blue, I would have preferred a different colour, but these were good value even though they are very thick and have a hole in the toe of the left hand boot...

Anyway, can anyone suggest what type of socks I should wear with these and how many pairs I should bring for the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I've a new pair of wellies, which are blue, I would have preferred a different colour, but these were good value even though they are very thick and have a hole in the toe of the left hand boot...

Anyway, can anyone suggest what type of socks I should wear with these and how many pairs I should bring for the weekend?

Pink socks, one pair should be loads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Festival Facepalm
    4474928176_cbca4bee3e_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

ANybody get the feeling there will be an awful lot of undesirables at this one?.Seen as oxegen is'nt on and the killers are playing(seriously EP why are the fecking killers closing the festival?).Ive been to them all since 2004 and every year seems to get worse regarding the amount of troublemaking idiots.

Was at knockanstockan and was surprised at the amount of serious durt bags considering there were no famous bands on the line up.

Lets hope everyone is in good form sharing good vibes and the guards/security arent over the top searching the genuine music loving punters.

They should be looking for dickheads with knives not hippies with enough for a few joints of grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

sockmo wrote: »
    ANybody get the feeling there will be an awful lot of undesirables at this one?.Seen as oxegen is'nt on and the killers are playing(seriously EP why are the fecking killers closing the festival?).Ive been to them all since 2004 and every year seems to get worse regarding the amount of troublemaking idiots.

Was at knockanstockan and was surprised at the amount of serious durt bags considering there were no famous bands on the line up.

Lets hope everyone is in good form sharing good vibes and the guards/security arent over the top searching the genuine music loving punters.

They should be looking for dickheads with knives not hippies with enough for a few joints of grass.

The Killers are probably the most well known mainstream band at EP. I doubt knackers are gonna spend €230 to go see the killers. Id say Marlay Park and the other festival that was on earlier in the summer (where 8 people were stabbed:eek:) means that the undesirables have spent all their money on those and cant afford EP.

Heres hoping.

Expect bad vibes, get bad vibes.

I think it'll be fine. The security at EP is usually fantastic. They know the vibe they're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Just a thought, not really expecting bad vibes to be honest.Love the picnic, just
    hope dicks dont ruin it for everyone...

But seriously why are the killers headlining the festival? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I've a new pair of wellies, ... can anyone suggest what type of socks I should wear with these and how many pairs I should bring for the weekend?

There have been some amazingly stupid questions floating around this year but this is actually an important thing to get right.

You should wear knee high socks turned down on the lip of the welly otherwise you'll get cuts on your legs from the edge. Also if any water gets in the back of the wellie without a long sock on enjoy your visit to the first aid tent for the welting you'll get on the back of your thighs from the abrasion. Bring a pair for each day you'll be wearing wellies in case they get wet or sweaty but if you want to chance it you could probably get away with the one pair if you don't mind being stinky. You'll probably have to get these from a sporting store and may cost you a tenner a pop though.

Personally I'm hoping to ditch the wellies Saturday and Sunday if the arena ground turns out to be ok.

So many people have brought up the fear that the Oxegen crowd will ruin EP.

I don't think it's something to worry about. Oxegen had a capacity of what 80,000? EP is about 30,000.. If loads of the ''Oxegen crowd'' (don't think it's fair to tar everyone that goes to Oxegen with the same brush) were going to EP then surely it would have sold out by now..

The only effect it may have is on Sunday day ticket sales but again these still aren't sold out so I really don't see a huge influx of people who would normally go to Oxegen arriving en masse on the Sunday.

Think Jim Carroll from the On the Record blog puts it perfectly:

''Have never understood why people compare the two festivals and am not in the least bit surprise that the absence of Oxegen has had zilch effect on EP ticket sales. Two totally different audiences, as this year has shown. Yes, there are plenty of people who go to EP who've got their Oxegen medals but you were never going to get the Oxegen hardcore fanbase deciding to go to Stradbally instead.''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

But seriously why are the killers headlining the festival? lol

Killers are a good live band so why not!... whats really bugging me is how they are clashing with HOT CHIP. really wanted to see both, so now the argument starts of who were going to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,586 ✭✭✭✭fits

Toast wrote: »
    There have been some amazingly stupid questions floating around this year but this is actually an important thing to get right.

You should wear knee high socks turned down on the lip of the welly otherwise you'll get cuts on your legs from the edge. Also if any water gets in the back of the wellie without a long sock on enjoy your visit to the first aid tent for the welting you'll get on the back of your thighs from the abrasion. Bring a pair for each day you'll be wearing wellies in case they get wet or sweaty but if you want to chance it you could probably get away with the one pair if you don't mind being stinky. You'll probably have to get these from a sporting store and may cost you a tenner a pop though.

Personally I'm hoping to ditch the wellies Saturday and Sunday if the arena ground turns out to be ok.

Hiking boots ftw! way more comfortable and easier to walk in than wellies. (unless its really really wet, which it wont be)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Popmart97

How would one go about playing at EP? Not this year obviously, but its something I'd love to do and looking at some of the acts on early in the day, I'd like to think we could ...eventually. Any suggestions? :)

Popmart97 wrote: »
    How would one go about playing at EP? Not this year obviously, but its something I'd love to do and looking at some of the acts on early in the day, I'd like to think we could ...eventually. Any suggestions? :)

Get in touch with the King Kong club. They have Friday at the Oxjam tent. All unsigned bands. You'd want to be good though! ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭McSheez

Knockanstockan got it cos of it's proximity to dublin, too easy to take a risk on going down and jumping the fence or spending the 30 beans on a day ticket.

Picnic should be safe, people who want to cause trouble are fortunately a lazy fair weather type bunch. Not likely to be arsed going all the way to Stradbally. Only buzzers please, gonna be great craic.

Personally though I'm not chuffed with the lineup, I'm sure I'll find a few suprises though I'm expecting to be at B&S/Jimmy Lees for the most part. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

embarrassed for the folk who could not understand the times on the initial fb timetable..

anyway read that Azealia Banks has pulled out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Popmart97 wrote: »
    It goes something like this:

Start a band, write some (good) original material, tour extensively, make promoters aware of your band and how good you are, use the bonds with those promoters to make bigger promoters notice you, achieve some success with sales of tickets and recordings, get one of the cast of The Big Bang Theory to were your band t-shirt on TV, play on the Late Late show with Ryan Tubridy, play Electrical Picnic, play Jay Leno, the world is your oyster...

Stradbally earlier

Ns3l7.jpg

i know it's supposed to rain all across the country today, but still :mad:

sun on Thurs and Fri should hopefully dry it out mostly

sporina wrote: »
    embarrassed for the folk who could not understand the times on the initial fb timetable..

anyway read that Azealia Banks has pulled out?
    she pulled out of loads of gigs (including EP) months ago, but then decided to do most of them again.
    unless she's pulled out in the last 24hours for a 2nd time?

fits wrote: »
    Hiking boots ftw! way more comfortable and easier to walk in than wellies. (unless its really really wet, which it wont be)

Definitely way more comfortable but if it gets very muddy, I think wellies are the better call!

If someone made a welly/hiking boot hybrid, that'd be awesome! :P

Thing I don't like about wellies is there's always so much space (if not around the foot then around the leg) that it makes walking on solid ground annoying so walking in mud is a disaster. But hiking boots are usually too short so you'd possibly sink in mud and the mud would go above your shoe and all over your pants.. So guess wellies are the lesser of two evils really! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Hiking Boots > Wellies for sure.

It looks like things will stay mostly dry (altho i understand mud is likely given our beautiful summer thus far)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement