Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

hey, would anyone kno from experience if you can still get parking after 5/half 5 on friday, I got a poxy repeat that day and the gob****es decided to move it into the afternoon....
    yes, you'll be fine at that time.

i'm not sure if the car parks have ever been totally full for EP in the last few years, definitely not by Friday evening anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Nice One! Thanks - must have had an older version as mine stopped @ Little Big Tent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Toast wrote: »
    I'd almost guarantee that it won't be at all waterproof.

I bought a cheap Dunnes tent for Oxegen one year. "That'll never keep out the water", my friends jeered at me while they set up their fancy €40 tents.

Mine was the only one that didn't spring a leak.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭smur89

Have this basically finished now. Anyone have the rest of the Oxjam stage times?

http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2012/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

That_Guy wrote: »
    Toast wrote: »
    I'd almost guarantee that it won't be at all waterproof.

I bought a cheap Dunnes tent for Oxegen one year. "That'll never keep out the water", my friends jeered at me while they set up their fancy €40 tents.

Mine was the only one that didn't spring a leak.

:cool:

Went with a 4eu one last year with a trampoline cover over it as extra cover/tarp worked fine! Had all sorts of tents over the years and usually once its cheap enough single skinned it might let a bita water in

Also, cool about the VIP ticket thing guess ill just have to wing it there... Sounds really stingy though, but hey I have recreational things to get...

• Advertisement

smur89 wrote: »
    Have this basically finished now. Anyone have the rest of the Oxjam stage times?

excellent, thanks for the effort!

there's 1 or 2 more smaller stages like the Juke Joint, and Pobal Gaeilge or something, but i don't know if there's times out for them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

Hi, thinking of going for the 1 day sunday ticket for 100euro!

Just a few things I'm looking for info on that I cant find on the website. I know there's no camping allowed for the 1 day ticket but does that mean you have to be out of the event by 12 midnight??
    It says for the one day ticket aswell that the event starts at 6pm so its not really a day ticket is it...

Seeing as 1 day camping is not allowed for some reason, is there any other alternative for accommodation on the Sunday night rather than having to make your way back into the city??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

Just a few things I'm looking for info on that I cant find on the website. I know there's no camping allowed for the 1 day ticket but does that mean you have to be out of the event by 12 midnight??
    It says for the one day ticket aswell that the event starts at 6pm so its not really a day ticket is it...

Seeing as 1 day camping is not allowed for some reason, is there any other alternative for accommodation on the Sunday night rather than having to make your way back into the city?? If not what are the bus arrangements like? Thanks:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Gav77 wrote: »

Seeing as 1 day camping is not allowed for some reason, is there any other alternative for accommodation on the Sunday night rather than having to make your way back into the city??:confused:

Most of the acts start around 12/1pm that day, not sure where you are getting the 6pm thing from? It says gates open 11.30am when you click on the sunday tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sananman

Weather not looking so good for the weekend. Looks like it will be raining on friday during tent pitching time. Could be a muddy sweaty walk.

• Advertisement

sananman wrote: »
    Weather not looking so good for the weekend. Looks like it will be raining on friday during tent pitching time. Could be a muddy sweaty walk.

Thats strange as i was watching the weather today for the weekend and it looks great and any other reports ive seen have been for good weather too :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

andreac wrote: »
    Thats strange as i was watching the weather today for the weekend and it looks great and any other reports ive seen have been for good weather too :confused:

They've been changing every fookin hour :pac:

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

Looks good to me :D Im keeping positive,lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sananman

The reports you've been looking at are compiled based on the charts available at the time. A frontal system seems to have developed and its moving east. Its only become more apparent in the last set of weather charts.

Look at the below link and click on Friday at 12:00 you'll see a warm front passing. More than likely all that will be left will be drizzle but its not the heatwave that met.ie were harping on about.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/surface-pressure/

I would still say its too early to tell what it'll be really like. Its just not going to be as nice as earlier predicted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

smur89 wrote: »

That's some excellent work there. :)

On another note, has anyone here received their Picnic Kids stuff yet??

Bit late and I haven't received anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

How much would be a realistic food budget per day? Iv never been before so im curious as to how much a meal would cost.

Im bringing the obvious snacks (crisps, chocolate, nuts etc).

re: the weather, i think i'd honestly prefer it to just be cloudy and dry. too sunny and it means having to put on sun cream each day and drinking a decent bit of water (or else being wrecked from dehydration!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Hogzy wrote: »
    How much would be a realistic food budget per day? Iv never been before so im curious as to how much a meal would cost.

Im bringing the obvious snacks (crisps, chocolate, nuts etc).
    I mostly survive on crisp sambos for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I mostly survive on crisp sambos for the weekend.

How much would food be though, say a burger and chips. I will have to have at least one hot meal per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

For anyone looking for an alternative to a CamelBak I got one of these lads today. http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_748609_langId_-1_categoryId_212515#tab2

Surprisingly durable and they have a notch for a strap to tie it around you. Potential alternative to vodka soaked oranges ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hogzy wrote: »
    How much would food be though, say a burger and chips. I will have to have at least one hot meal per day.

IIRC, burgers cost around €5-7 depending on where you go. Burger and chips €8 in places. Thats a fairly standard price for hot food there be it burgers, burritos, Subway, pizza, pies or whatever.. you're looking at €5-10 for a meal.

For breakfast I'd recommend walking into Stradbally for a proper meal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Pieminister for me. Pie & mash & gravy. Dinner of champions.

pieminister1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭killer007

[QUOTE

On another note, has anyone here received their Picnic Kids stuff yet??

Bit late and I haven't received anything.[/QUOTE]

What are these kids stuff you speak of? We have our kids registered but nothing didn't know you got stuff.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

re: the weather, i think i'd honestly prefer it to just be cloudy and dry. too sunny and it means having to put on sun cream each day and drinking a decent bit of water (or else being wrecked from dehydration!)

A bit to optimistic there!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

For anyone looking for an alternative to a CamelBak I got one of these lads today. http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_748609_langId_-1_categoryId_212515#tab2

Surprisingly durable and they have a notch for a strap to tie it around you. Potential alternative to vodka soaked oranges ;)

can u brinng them into the festival with alcohol in them through security??

have one i use for jager n coke when i go snowboarding :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

just a quick confirmation, bottles cannot be brought in at all no? Staying in a yurt, and just wondering if I can bring bottles there.
    I assume it's just cans?

No glass bottles at all on site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Does anyone know if there is a taxi service in Stradbally?

My friend lives about 10km away and I might go to his for a few hours over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

choons wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a taxi service in Stradbally?

My friend lives about 10km away and I might go to his for a few hours over the weekend.

Yes loads of taxis at exits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone have experience of getting a mini bus to EP?

Just found out our one doesn't have a boot apparently and that there's only space on overhead shelves inside the bus.

There's 16 of us going and realistically I don't see 16 people's bags and tents fitting in just overhead shelves.

Couldn't tell you the dimensions or anything, but what do people reckon?

I think slabs of beer will have to be purchased up there anyways!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement