Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

For anyone looking for an alternative to a CamelBak I got one of these lads today. http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_748609_langId_-1_categoryId_212515#tab2

Surprisingly durable and they have a notch for a strap to tie it around you. Potential alternative to vodka soaked oranges ;)

can u brinng them into the festival with alcohol in them through security??

have one i use for jager n coke when i go snowboarding :D

Il have mine under a hoodie and hidden away. Hopefully if they do frisk me it will go unnoticed (wishful thinking most likely) it's more inconspicuous than a can down the jocks though :) I have seen it working plenty of times before so hopefully!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Question about the Bus Eireann service! I need a ticket for coming home, as I have a lift down there. They're no longer posting the tickets out if you buy online, you must collect them at the Custom's House on your way down. Will it be possible for me to buy a ticket at the festival when I'm leaving? Surely there must be a way in case people's lifts fall through... Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

last year you could buy off bus driver, my friend lost wallet and ticket and managed to get home they are pretty relaxed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Cool, thanks! If not maybe I could just slip him some cash ;)

Cry......lets be honest it will be monday emotionally we all will be close to the edge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭carolmarx

Re: Sneaking Alcohol in.

If your handbag has a zip pocked in the lining, make a wee hole in it, drop your drink into it and voila, it's undetectable (just make sure it's in a light bottle). I ALWAYS get away with this, and no need for strapping things to your body or any of that craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

About to buy a Sunday ticket and a return bus ticket from Bus Eireann.
    Question: How do you get your tickets from ticketmaster, and when you collect your bus ticket from Bus Eireann, is this on the morning of the event itself or can they be collected earlier?

And will I need to have my credit card with me when picking up either set of tickets?

collect at site box office bring confirmation email, and credit card won't hurt , if traveling from dublin bring confirmation email to bus aras I suppose, ring bus eireann to confirm

collect at site box office bring confirmation email, and credit card won't hurt , if traveling from dublin bring confirmation email to bus aras I suppose, ring bus eireann to confirm

Site box office for the ticketmaster tickets you mean? Will I have to produce a credit card for either, do you think? I'd rather not bring anything like that with me on the day if it could be avoided, for obvious reasons ;)

well then just confirmation email then. check on ticketmaster website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Pieminister for me. Pie & mash & gravy. Dinner of champions.

IMG]

Shhh, the queue's are long enough as it is ;)

The guesthouse I'm staying at in Carlow has a fairly impressive full Irish included, I'm hoping that keeps me going each day.

Ticketmaster says you can use the instant email thing and print out your own tickets, has anyone else going to EP done this?
    And anyone know anything about the bus situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

Gav77 wrote: »
    Hi, thinking of going for the 1 day sunday ticket for 100euro!

Just a few things I'm looking for info on that I cant find on the website. I know there's no camping allowed for the 1 day ticket but does that mean you have to be out of the event by 12 midnight??

Seeing as 1 day camping is not allowed for some reason, is there any other alternative for accommodation on the Sunday night rather than having to make your way back into the city?? If not what are the bus arrangements like? Thanks:)
    Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone have experience of getting a mini bus to EP?

Just found out our one doesn't have a boot apparently and that there's only space on overhead shelves inside the bus.

There's 16 of us going and realistically I don't see 16 people's bags and tents fitting in just overhead shelves.

Couldn't tell you the dimensions or anything, but what do people reckon?

I think slabs of beer will have to be purchased up there anyways!

Bumping this up aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Also to whoever was worried that Azelia Banks pulled out of EP - it's not true according to EP on twitter. Am too lazy to find out who aksed! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Ticketmaster says you can use the instant email thing and print out your own tickets, has anyone else going to EP done this?
    And anyone know anything about the bus situation?

If you select the ticketfast option when buying you can do this. Some people don't like buying these tickets from people second hand because of the possibility of them being forged but if you are buying straight from Ticketmaster and are definetly going (and wont need to sell them on) then there is no problem doing it. They scan a barcode at the entrance to verify them.

Bus situation will depend from where. If you are talking about Dublin Bus Eireann and several other companies will be running buses from near the custom house on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Anyone know what to expect with Caribou vs Four Tet? Will the play their own stuff given it's a dj set?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Gav77 wrote: »
    Hi, thinking of going for the 1 day sunday ticket for 100euro!

Just a few things I'm looking for info on that I cant find on the website. I know there's no camping allowed for the 1 day ticket but does that mean you have to be out of the event by 12 midnight??
    It says for the one day ticket aswell that the event starts at 6pm so its not really a day ticket is it...

Seeing as 1 day camping is not allowed for some reason, is there any other alternative for accommodation on the Sunday night rather than having to make your way back into the city?? If not what are the bus arrangements like? Thanks:)

When I was searching for accom a few places had beds the Friday and Sunday night. Saturday was booked out everywhere.

The Gandon Hotel, Emo, Ireland was one. You've to email, can't book online. She said room there Friday and Sunday, €60 and includes breakfast. Could be gone now though.

Emo is 10km from Stradbally hall, not sure how much it would be in a taxi.

I'm getting the bus from Dublin on sunday morning, the problem is since the website says you can only collect tickets from the ticket bus on the day, will I be able to do so without actually bringing a credit card with me?

get www.dublincoach.ie from red cow luas stop 5 single to portlaoise, leaves hourly, and get martleys shuttle bus from Portlaoise train station for 5 euro each way to EP site

if you booked with Bus eireann you can ring them on (01) 8366111

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Anyone know what to expect with Caribou vs Four Tet? Will the play their own stuff given it's a dj set?
    they'll probably drop in a few of their own songs, but most of it will be other people's songs

four tet dj set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiDgmPZE_Rc
    caribou b2b jamie xx dj set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnGtXnpZYDY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

they'll probably drop in a few of their own songs, but most of it will be other people's songs

four tet dj set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiDgmPZE_Rc
    caribou b2b jamie xx dj set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnGtXnpZYDY

Still probably worth going to see I'd say

Mr.S wrote: »
    Bit of an effort for a lot of people to get to Red Cow though, especially with bags and tents! Add in the change at Port L and i'd rather pay the €28 to Bus Eireann :pac:

You're only saving 8euro, and probably only around €4 because you most likely have to pay for a luas or bus to and from Red Cow.

Yeah but folks want to get home early sunday I suppose. Just alternatives!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rainraingoaway

Hello all :-)

Well my plan to stay at the pink moon fell through stupidly left it too late :-(

Anyway a few questions for ye if ye can help me pleaseeeeeee.

We stayed with tangerine last year so wondering which campsite to go for ?

The one where we ....

-won't get robbed
    - will be able to sleep well at some stage :-P
    -close to car park
    -even though I want to be safe still wanna have craic :D

It's just me and my sister so we're not in a big safety in numbers group so just wanna scope a few things out before we get there so we enjoy it and not freaked out incase we get robbed :O

One more thing we have a van so can go out to that if it all goes horribly wrong :-(

Is it much of a walk from the arena ?

Do many sleep in the car park ?

Would there be many walking out there at 4am ?

I'm sorry for all the questions I probably have more so apologies in advance :-) :-) :-)

Sorry about the spelling too on my phone.

Edit :After googling Hendrix is winning right now with reviews was leaning towards Wilde but seen alot posts about robberies and scumbag

So what time should I arrive to gurantee getting a safe spot in Hendrix ?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Re Caribou v Four Tet, I'd say most of the "his own stuff" dropped into the set by Dan the Man will be what he's been releasing as Daphni... just a guess mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭crossy

Hey guys,

Which electric Picnic Campsite is the best. Im up for a good weekend on the beer?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Re Caribou v Four Tet, I'd say most of the "his own stuff" dropped into the set by Dan the Man will be what he's been releasing as Daphni... just a guess mind...
    agreed, he has a new album out as Daphni soon, so will probably play bits of that that and maybe a remix or 2 of Caribou stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

what time do the buses from customs house quay leave?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    what time do the buses from customs house quay leave?

http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=1157&month=Aug

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Many random alcohol garda checkpoints outside the venue?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement