Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

From the EP Facebook page Azealia Banks has officially pulled out. Will it mean that every other set gets pushed up a slot??
    Electric Picnic

Following on from reports earlier announcing that Azealia Banks cancelled her performance at Ibiza Rocks, we can confirm she also has pulled out of Electric Picnic 2012! due to exhaustion. We wish her a speedy recovery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Anywhere know anywhere near stepehens green that does those foldy camping chairs

got the tent, need the 20 quid DOUBLE airbed yes double lets go mental... and a foldy chair

then im almost good to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

A bit more of a comprehensive list of possible setlists compared to the last one I posted. Enjoy the weekend

A-Skillz
    A Plastic Rose
    Alabama Shakes
    Amine Edge
    Azealia Banks
    Bassnectar
    Bat for Lashes
    Bats
    Baxter Dury
    Bell X1
    Bellowhead
    Ben Howard
    Black Friday
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    Breton
    Caribou vs. Four Tet (B2B Dj Set)
    Cashier No. 9
    Cathy Davey
    Catz N' Dogz
    Christy Moore
    Cold Specks
    Cranes
    Crazy P
    Crystal Castles
    Dark Dark Dark
    Darshan Jesrani (Metro Area)
    David Kitt
    Delorentos
    Dena
    Dexys
    Dirty Dubsters

Dj Kali
    Dj Ram
    DJ Two
    DJ W!LD
    Donal Lunny, Andy Irvine, Liam O Flynn, and Paddy Glackin
    Dry the River
    Dublin Gospel Choir
    Eagle and the Worm
    Ed Sheeran
    Elbow
    Enemies
    Explosions In The Sky
    Fatoumata Diawara
    François K
    Fred
    Gareth Dunlop
    Gavin Friday
    Glen Hansard
    God is an Astronaut
    Grandaddy
    Grimes
    Grizzly Bear
    Ham Sandwich
    Hot Chip
    Hudson Mohawke
    In Tua Nua
    James Murphy (DJ Set)
    Jeffrey Lewis
    Jerry Fish
    John Talabot (DJ Set)
    Jonathan Wilson
    Junior Boys
    Katie Kim
    Kimbra
    Kormac's Big Band
    Lanterns On The Lake
    Laura Sheeran
    Le Galaxie
    Lee "Scratch" Perry & Max Romeo
    Lianne Le Havas
    Little Roy
    Mark Lanegan
    Metronomy
    Michael Kiwanuka
    Mick Flannery
    Milagres
    Mmoths
    Morton Valance
    Nell Bryden
    Not Squares
    Of Monsters and Man
    Optimo
    Orbital
    Orchestra of Spheres
    Pat Mahoney
    Patrick Watson
    Patti Smith
    Paul Buchanan
    Perfume Genius
    Pete Pamf
    Prins Thomas
    Rainy Boy Sleep

RocketNumberNine
    Richard Hawley
    Richie Hawtin
    Roots Manuva
    Rustie
    SBTRKT
    Sigur Rós
    Solar Bears
    Space Dimension Controller
    Squarepusher
    Staff Benda Bilili
    Stevie G
    The 2 Bears
    The Antlers
    The Cujo Family
    The Cure
    The Horrors
    The Jezabels
    The Juan Maclean
    The Kanyu Tree
    The Killers
    The Maccabees
    The Mighty Stef
    The Riptide Movement
    The Roots
    The Staves
    The Vaccines
    The Wonder Villains
    The xx
    Tindersticks
    Todd Terje
    Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
    Trinity Orchestra
    TR One
    Turn
    Tu-Ki
    Vadoinmessico
    Van Dyke Parks
    Villagers
    Wallis Bird
    When Saints go Machine
    Wild Beasts
    Willis Earl Beal
    Young Wonder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

From the EP Facebook page Azealia Banks has officially pulled out. Will it mean that every other set gets pushed up a slot??
    Electric Picnic

Following on from reports earlier announcing that Azealia Banks cancelled her performance at Ibiza Rocks, we can confirm she also has pulled out of Electric Picnic 2012! due to exhaustion. We wish her a speedy recovery!

i doubt it, i'd say they'll just put someone else in her slot, a DJ or something, or just leave it empty...

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

-=al=- wrote: »
    Anywhere know anywhere near stepehens green that does those foldy camping chairs

got the tent, need the 20 quid DOUBLE airbed yes double lets go mental... and a foldy chair

then im almost good to go!

Try Tesco Jervis. tesco are selling them for €7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Ok folks, very stupid mistake may have been made here: I purchased my ticket through my dad as he has a Visa card and I don't. Problem is, having just downloaded the ticket, his name is on it.
    We share the same surname, obviously :D

How strict are EP about this? I seem to remember they brought in the named tickets thing to prevent people reselling, is this going to cause me problems when I try to get in?
    OR should we email Ticketmaster and try and get them to change the name on the ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

i doubt it, i'd say they'll just put someone else in her slot, a DJ or something, or just leave it empty...

Or just play 212 on repeat for an hour! Have a feeling her crowd would have thinned out after she played that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Ok folks, very stupid mistake may have been made here: I purchased my ticket through my dad as he has a Visa card and I don't. Problem is, having just downloaded the ticket, his name is on it.
    We share the same surname, obviously :D

How strict are EP about this? I seem to remember they brought in the named tickets thing to prevent people reselling, is this going to cause me problems when I try to get in?
    OR should we email Ticketmaster and try and get them to change the name on the ticket?
    you'll be fine, they won't care at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Try Tesco Jervis. tesco are selling them for €7

Gona sound veeeeeeeeeeeeeery lazy but is there anywhere closer to the Stephens green area!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Gona sound veeeeeeeeeeeeeery lazy but is there anywhere closer to the Stephens green area!
    Dunnes in Stephens Green, not sure If they stock them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Or just play 212 on repeat for an hour! Have a feeling her crowd would have thinned out after she played that!

ha was gonna leave hawtin to see last 10mins of her cause she's probably play that last tune.. grand wont be missing any of hawtin so :)

You. Are. Kiddin' me.

Anyway...

Hello all :-)

Well my plan to stay at the pink moon fell through stupidly left it too late :-(

Anyway a few questions for ye if ye can help me pleaseeeeeee.

We stayed with tangerine last year so wondering which campsite to go for ?

The one where we ....

-won't get robbed
    - will be able to sleep well at some stage :-P
    -close to car park
    -even though I want to be safe still wanna have craic

It's just me and my sister so we're not in a big safety in numbers group so just wanna scope a few things out before we get there so we enjoy it and not freaked out incase we get robbed :O

One more thing we have a van so can go out to that if it all goes horribly wrong :-(

Is it much of a walk from the arena ?

Do many sleep in the car park ?

Would there be many walking out there at 4am ?

I'm sorry for all the questions I probably have more so apologies in advance :-) :-) :-)

Sorry about the spelling too on my phone.

Edit :After googling Hendrix is winning right now with reviews was leaning towards Wilde but seen alot posts about robberies and scumbag

So what time should I arrive to gurantee getting a safe spot in Hendrix ?

Henrix is pretty secure. It's where the Guards tent is (iirc). I stayed there the last two years and it's grand, I never saw trouble.

It's not too far away from the venue, and last year the party always ended at the burger van (music still playing at 5am) :)

There's people still leaving the venue at 4am.

One hint though, bring a spare tent with you, if it's just you and your sister. Set it up and then you and your sister will have a circle with three tents and a bit of space to hang out if it rains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hughbacca

Hi, I know this may be not be the right thread for this but I'm new to boards so please don't crucify me. Mods please move if I am in wrong place rather than delete.

A private bus has been organised from Cork city centre friday morning at half 8 to electric picnic by a friend of mine and all places were filled until a group of people all pulled out a few minutes ago. Return journey included

It is fixed price so the more people the cheaper.
    We have 8 places left if anyone coming from cork would like cheap transport. If filled it will cost €30.

There is no profit for us, we simply wanted a cheap way to get to Electric Picnic. Please PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rainraingoaway

You. Are. Kiddin' me.

Anyway...

Hello all :-)

Well my plan to stay at the pink moon fell through stupidly left it too late :-(

Anyway a few questions for ye if ye can help me pleaseeeeeee.

We stayed with tangerine last year so wondering which campsite to go for ?

The one where we ....

-won't get robbed
    - will be able to sleep well at some stage :-P
    -close to car park
    -even though I want to be safe still wanna have craic

It's just me and my sister so we're not in a big safety in numbers group so just wanna scope a few things out before we get there so we enjoy it and not freaked out incase we get robbed :O

One more thing we have a van so can go out to that if it all goes horribly wrong :-(

Is it much of a walk from the arena ?

Do many sleep in the car park ?

Would there be many walking out there at 4am ?

I'm sorry for all the questions I probably have more so apologies in advance :-) :-) :-)

Sorry about the spelling too on my phone.

Edit :After googling Hendrix is winning right now with reviews was leaning towards Wilde but seen alot posts about robberies and scumbag

So what time should I arrive to gurantee getting a safe spot in Hendrix ?

Henrix is pretty secure. It's where the Guards tent is (iirc). I stayed there the last two years and it's grand, I never saw trouble.

It's not too far away from the venue, and last year the party always ended at the burger van (music still playing at 5am) :)

There's people still leaving the venue at 4am.

One hint though, bring a spare tent with you, if it's just you and your sister. Set it up and then you and your sister will have a circle with three tents and a bit of space to hang out if it rains.

Thanks so much for the tips such a good idea about the spare tent :-) :-)

Roll on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sile seilide

Has anyone seen cheap camping chairs in Cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

How the heck is Azealia Banks exhausted? she barely does 25 minute sets at festivals. EP should give Soap&Skin a call to replace her, she'd show her how a live set is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bopbuddy

Hi Folks,
    I booked a 24 pack of bulmers to be picked up but i haven't got a confirmation email, is there a delay or more likely i've spelt the eamil wrong, has this happened to anyone and how will i survive without booze!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 s0m3b0dy_

the bars sell bulmers :) you won't run out of drink unless we do.

Bar staff have been given orders not to serve people, who sing loudly, dance wildly or fall asleep at the bar.
    if you appear intoxicated you'll recieve no drink at the bars.
    if you look below 21 we must ask for i.d...which in my opinion is just wrong since what festival-goer carries id around.
    theres plenty of other rules too that just apply this year, that include calling security if we suspect people have drugs(which most bar staff wont)
    Also prepare to be searched such as the people at marley park where searched like (quite thorough)

s0m3b0dy_ wrote: »
    Bar staff have been given orders not to serve people, who sing loudly, dance wildly or fall asleep at the bar.
    if you appear intoxicated you'll recieve no drink at the bars.
    if you look below 21 we must ask for i.d...which in my opinion is just wrong since what festival-goer carries id around.
    theres plenty of other rules too that just apply this year, that include calling security if we suspect people have drugs(which most bar staff wont)
    Also prepare to be searched such as the people at marley park where searched like (quite thorough)

From the guy who brought us:
    Nope..the bars never close at 10 on the button. never.

hmmmmm...

• Advertisement

From the guy who brought us:

hmmmmm...
    Yes from the guy that is bar staff.
    the pdf itself says bar hours are 10-10 however may stay open for longer depending on demand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Cus' age ID checks and wristbands with "Drinking Age Verified" on them have never been done at any festival, ever. Well, one or two. Well, lots actually. Speed things up. Fcuk yeah.

They should hire me, seriously. :D

if you look below 21 we must ask for i.d...
    MadsL wrote: »
    Cus' age ID checks and wristbands with "Drinking Age Verified" on them have never been done at any festival, ever. Well, one or two. Well, lots actually. Speed things up. Fcuk yeah.

They should hire me, seriously. :D

Not to mention anyone between the age of 13 and 17 are already banned from the festival.

Not to mention anyone between the age of 13 and 17 are already banned from the festival.

In fairness I made a 12 year almost cry one year as she was with her mum and we were checking tickets. Mum was on the local Sunday one day pass for residents and 12 yr old was with her. No wristband of course, I challenged her and her mum (who looked about 25) pipes up that "she's 12" - I look at her and in my eyes she looks about 20. I ask for ID (stupidly, what 12 yr old has ID) and she almost loses it. Ended up finding a zone manager to sort it out.

Lack of wristbands for teens is a bit silly, it means they are constantly getting challenged if they look 17-18 ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I was afraid of this nonsense. If this is for the arena entrance and not the campsite itself it is pointless from a security point of view and amounts to a hollow PR move for show which will cause more problems than it will solve.

The arena searches last year were a good balance between stopping people arriving in with half a bar and letting people actually get inside in a reasonable time to see the acts they paid for which is how things should be left. Anything more is punishing everyone and achieving nothing. There'll be more chance of injury and riot while people try to get in a the busy times and can't because of searching backlog than from any mythical weapons they are allegedly searching for.

Search for weapons going into the campsite for sure. This keeps people safe in the campsite and the campsite stages. Searching for weapons again at the arena entrance means they don't trust the rest of the site is safe and they're expecting us to sleep out there. Comforting thought.

injury and riot while people try to get in a the busy times

Dramatise much?

Alcohol searches are pretty straightfoward. Baggy cargo shorts, check pockets, look in wellies, check hoods of hoodies. If it is any more hidden than that, on you go.

Staff have to drink ffs, your contributions don't go to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

The latest from Met Eireann - not quite as good as before, but still sounding the best Picnic weather in years. Bring it on!
    Tomorrow

Friday morning will be cloudy and misty, with outbreaks of rain and drizzle, persistent in northern areas, with some hill and coastal fog. But brighter, drier weather, will follow from the west, during the afternoon. Some sunny spells will develop at times, best over the midlands, south and east. Top temperatures 16 to 19 C.

Outlook

OUTLOOK: Close, humid and at times warm weather, is expected for the rest of the weekend and into early next week. There will be periods of dry and at times sunny weather, but occasional wet spells too, as fronts break through from the Atlantic from time to time. But rainfall will be below normal, with the driest of the conditions expected in the eastern half of the country.
    Friday Night: A mild, misty night with temperatures staying in the range 10 to 14 C. Most places dry, but some patches of drizzle and fog are possible here and there.
    Saturday: Mild, close and breezy with top temperatures 16 to 20 C., highest over east Munster and Leinster. Some bright spells over the eastern half of the country for a time, with some hazy sunshine. But rain developing along northwestern and western coasts later in the morning, will become persistent and heavy there. It will extend across the country later in the day and overnight, but should weaken as it does so. Winds will be fresh southwesterly.
    Sunday: Early mist, fog, low cloud and drizzle to start the day, but much of these should clear through the morning. Drier, brighter weather is then expected to develop fairly widely for the afternoon and evening, with some sunny spells at times. But drizzle and fog could still shroud some hills and some Atlantic coasts. Another close, humid day and warm in any sunshine. Top temperatures of 18 to 22 C., in light southwest breezes. Close and humid overnight with temperatures not falling below 14 or 15 C. Some dry spells , but further patches of mist, fog and drizzle also.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

This kind of thing coming on around midnight on Saturday in the Little Big Tent will be epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but Azelia Banks has cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

the bars sell bulmers :) you won't run out of drink unless we do.

Do they bars inside the main arena sell Bulmers? I really hope so as i dont drink wine or Heineken :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement