Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

Getting all organised here as I and a few mates are heading up in a camper in the afternoon.

I've being to every ep except last year and I am as excited as a schoolgirl creaming over Justin Beiber.

Bring it on.

See ya all there!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

MadsL wrote: »
    Dramatise much?

Have you seen the crushes to get into the arena when people are being held back for searches and are all boozed up ready to go... much?

They're pretty bad at the busy times as it is and they usually get through them by just doing quick glances or not checking at all. If they are going through what they did in Marlay which included getting everyone to empty their pockets into plastic bags then yeah I think the Kaiser Chiefs might have been onto something.

I never asked for no searches going into the arena. It would be nice but I'm realistic and I wouldn't want to deprive the staff of the MYSTERY BOOZE (what is that special ingredient that makes it taste so uriney?) . Just if we're looking at 30min queues plus each time to get into the Arena it's going to get nasty at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Gaz

Lads,

Do you need to bring ID with you to get in or is your ticket enough ? Dont fancy having my passport on me all weekend.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sananman

Rain Report:

Friday: Rain, drizzle & humid in the afternoon.
    Sat: Rain Sat night (some heavy), turning colder.
    Sun: Dry day.

Looks like I may need the wellies :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

sananman wrote: »
    Rain Report:

Friday: Rain, drizzle & humid in the afternoon.
    Sat: Rain Sat night (some heavy), turning colder.
    Sun: Dry day.

Looks like I may need the wellies :mad:

Bull****!!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80511678&postcount=2605

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Has Azealia Banks def pulled out?

Also, did someone say u can get chairs down there? Went looking last night & everywhere was cleaned out

ha ha, you need to change your name :)

well you see at part ays I am the ****!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

Also, did someone say u can get chairs down there? Went looking last night & everywhere was cleaned out

Yes.

You can get them there yeah, I think its €15 each or two for €25

tesco Portlaoise are selling €7 each!!.....fold away camping chair that is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yes she has, its up on the facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

andreac wrote: »
    Yes she has, its up on the facebook page.

Balls :mad:

Hey has anyone any updates on site conditions, is it definitely wellies for the weekend or can I chance runners(I want to Dance)

Met.ie is bull****. Its based on out of date charts. I have met qualifications and just looked at the latest set. We will have rain on friday, and we will have rain sat night. For the most part it will be dry. I'm just letting people know to expect rain and be prepared. Looks similar to last year in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Hey has anyone any updates on site conditions, is it definitely wellies for the weekend or can I chance runners(I want to Dance)

The 3 to 4 days before EP last year had biblical amounts of rain so I was expecting the worst and because of that brought my wellies. I needn't have bothered. The natural drainage at the site is very good and the campsite and arena held up very well. Even some rain on the saturday night and sunday afternoon didn't soften up the area. The only bad area was around the lads urinals near the crawdaddy tent which got muddy by late sunday. This time I'm bringing my trainers as experienec from last year suggests it should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Griff77

s0m3b0dy_ wrote: »
    Bar staff have been given orders not to serve people, who sing loudly, dance wildly or fall asleep at the bar.
    if you appear intoxicated you'll recieve no drink at the bars.
    if you look below 21 we must ask for i.d...which in my opinion is just wrong since what festival-goer carries id around.
    theres plenty of other rules too that just apply this year, that include calling security if we suspect people have drugs(which most bar staff wont)
    Also prepare to be searched such as the people at marley park where searched like (quite thorough)

Why are they changing the searches and serving of drink?? Did I miss something in the last eight years of EP? Was there loads of stabbings and fights I've missed?? Pure madness, why change something if it aint broke. There's never been issues at previous EP's... Part of the joy of EP is you aren't treated like teenagers knacker drinking, this in turn leads to respect from the punter who will then behave in a responsible manner. Joe Duffy's Ireland...

The 3 to 4 days before EP last year had biblical amounts of rain so I was expecting the worst and because of that brought my wellies. I needn't have bothered. The natural drainage at the site is very good and the campsite and arena held up very well. Even some rain on the saturday night and sunday afternoon didn't soften up the area. The only bad area was around the lads urinals near the crawdaddy tent which got muddy by late sunday. This time I'm bringing my trainers as experienec from last year suggests it should be fine.

I wore converse last year and was grand!! I shall do so this year

Met.ie is bull****. Its based on out of date charts. I have met qualifications and just looked at the latest set. We will have rain on friday, and we will have rain sat night. For the most part it will be dry. I'm just letting people know to expect rain and be prepared. Looks similar to last year in fairness.

MT Cranium (aka Peter O'Donnell) forecasts from Canada and is exceptionally accurate. I WILL TRUST IN HIM

He uses the same charts as I do. Expect him to change his forecast in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭sporina

MT Cranium (aka Peter O'Donnell) forecasts from Canada and is exceptionally accurate. I WILL TRUST IN HIM

what site does he use? i use yr.no but even its not very accurate these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

I plan on going to see Christy Moore at the festival. Will I be allowed an umbrella in the tent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

chordtype wrote: »
    I plan on going to see Christy Moore at the festival. Will I be allowed an umbrella in the tent?
    Sure what would you need an umbrella for in the tent... you'd be dry :D

chordtype wrote: »

No.

Of course not. can you imagine how dangerous an umbrella is when people are dancing all around you? Eyes would be poked out.

Not to mention how annoying it would be to be stuck behind one!

They won't let you bring them into the arena

Bring a poncho.

sananman If he doesn't will you feck off with your negative ninny routine ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Funny you should say that. John Eagleton on Radio1 yesterday said pretty much the same thing for the weekend.

What out of date charts are they using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

presumably yesterday's charts and various factors have changed overnight?

let's just all agree on it looking like cloud and sun, with the odd bit of rain.
    not a washout, not blazing sun.
    bring wellies if you can in case the ground turns muddy very quickly after all the recent rain.....

I just checked my weather app......screw you guys!!

292050_10152087333345227_1353253797_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

from EP's fb
    FeGQv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Count_Hook

You mean the raging torrent that was friday night last year?

Out wit ya!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 rainraingoaway

Will I still be able to buy tickets online in the morning ?

I'm hoping still to get early birds but it's looking unlikey but gonna try and hold out as long as I in just incase. :-) :-)

Optimism is key ;-)

Oh ya what time do you think the Jimi hendrix will be full by ?
    I was hoping to get near the guards but won't get there till around 3pm

:-) :-)

So excited now :-P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement