Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭smur89

I just checked my weather app......screw you guys!!

292050_10152087333345227_1353253797_n.jpg

ha, thats my photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

When I was searching for accom a few places had beds the Friday and Sunday night. Saturday was booked out everywhere.

The Gandon Hotel, Emo, Ireland was one. You've to email, can't book online. She said room there Friday and Sunday, €60 and includes breakfast. Could be gone now though.

Emo is 10km from Stradbally hall, not sure how much it would be in a taxi.

Yeah i came across the Gandon hotel alright but its 100quid a night per person, bit out of my price range. Doesn't seem to be much else accom around portlaoise apart from one or two camping sights

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

Azealia Banks definitely out. Scheisse...

Will I still be able to buy tickets online in the morning ?

I'm hoping still to get early birds but it's looking unlikey but gonna try and hold out as long as I in just incase. :-) :-)

Optimism is key ;-)

Oh ya what time do you think the Jimi hendrix will be full by ?
    I was hoping to get near the guards but won't get there till around 3pm

:-) :-)

So excited now :-P

Early Birds?

Jimi Hendrix won't fill up, you should be ok for 3pm. Getting there for 12 myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brandy2272

If you have a bus ticket to return Monday is it easy enough to return at a different time if needed, say Sunday night (or possibly Saturday night if needed)?? please :)
    Also the buses that leave on Sunday night - do they leave regularly or at certain times or how does it work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Count_Hook wrote: »
    You mean the raging torrent that was friday night last year?

I have good memories of dancing away to Donal Dineen in BnS in the midst of that downpour last year - sopping wet but happy.

Hopefully he gives as good a show this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Flynners2011

Might seem like a silly question, but whats the better campsite? is one closer to the arena than the other? Leaves less of a risk getting lost wandering drunk back to your tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Might seem like a silly question, but whats the better campsite? is one closer to the arena than the other? Leaves less of a risk getting lost wandering drunk back to your tent!

Hendrix is closest to arena I reckon. Camped there last year and plan on doing the same this year.

If you're a fan of hanging out in the campsite shooting the breeze with people, I'm guessing one of the others would be better. That's not so much my scene - I plan on spending as much of my weekend at the various stages etc. as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Hendrix is usually handier. Oscar Wilde tends to have more complaints of scangers and people who broke in & linger around to cause trouble and loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brandy2272

Mr.S wrote: »
    Once you have a bus a ticket they don't really care which ones you take down, it's just to get a rough number of busses needed.

They leave regularly from 10pm I think on Sunday

Great thanks, I assume that goes for buses leaving EP too ye...

• Advertisement

558659_10151142568634168_1434214308_n.jpg

Nice helter skelter. Always wanted a go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

I have good memories of dancing away to Donal Dineen in BnS in the midst of that downpour last year - sopping wet but happy.

Hopefully he gives as good a show this year.

I remember the absolute downpour during Ed Sharpe at the Salty Dog. But aside from that, despite all weather reports saying that we were in for torrential rain all weekend, it was pretty awesome for the rest of the festival. So I'm taking all the forecasts this year with a pinch of salt, we'll know when we get there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sananman

I'm not saying it will be torrential rain. It wont be anything like that. We will have 2 bands of rain over the course of the whole weekend. I'd be happy with that. Plenty of drying time between the fronts so things should be grand.

Looks like the first front will hit from around 5 until 9 tomorrow. Tents will be well up on dry ground by 5. The front will pass, the party will ignite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rossohara

Are ep strict on the over 18 policy im 18 next month and look old enough but have bought a ticket should i get an ID?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

smur89 wrote: »
    ha, thats my photoshop.

loving your work!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

sananman wrote: »
    I'm not saying it will be torrential rain. It wont be anything like that. We will have 2 bands of rain over the course of the whole weekend. I'd be happy with that. Plenty of drying time between the fronts so things should be grand.

Looks like the first front will hit from around 5 until 9 tomorrow. Tents will be well up on dry ground by 5. The front will pass, the party will ignite.

I'm holding you personally responsible for any rain! :mad: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sananman

What are people going to try to do differently this year? Last year I spent waaaay too much time in the VIP section and my tent area. I want to go on more wanders this year, see more acts, and of course chat with more ladies :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mongie2k

don't bother coming too young

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Does anyone recall whether the campsite Centra or anywhere else on site sells bags of ice? I remember having this question last year; can't remember what the answer was . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

sananman wrote: »
    ...and of course chat with more ladies :cool:

Stand in the middle of the field at exactly 5pm with a massive umbrella and when they flock for shelter you can break the ice with "I predicted this you know?". :D

Everyone is making me paranoid asking if it the campsites will be full be 3pm etc.

I cant make it down until about 7pm, has anyone experience going that late before?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Does anyone recall whether the campsite Centra or anywhere else on site sells bags of ice? I remember having this question last year; can't remember what the answer was . . .

EP Website:
    Q: Will I be able to purchase ice on site?
    A: Yes, ice will be available in the Campsite shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Mr November

Does anyone know how Pinkmoon camping works (and/or other boutique campsites) in respect of people arriving at different times on the same booking?
    E.g. 6 man tent booked and some people arriving Friday morning, evening and night. So If each individual person just arrives with a record of the reference number, does that suffice (and they just tick off the number of people vs the booking as they arrive)???
    OR is the first person who arrives going to be given 6 camping wristbands and end up having to meet up with everyone as they arrive to get them into pink moon!?

cisk wrote: »
    Everyone is making me paranoid asking if it the campsites will be full be 3pm etc.

I cant make it down until about 7pm, has anyone experience going that late before?

There's not a hope it'll be full by 3pm.

You'll be fine at 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

cisk wrote: »

I set up at camp at 4pm on the Saturday last year. Admittedly there wasn't a huge amount of space left but it was grand to find space for two tents

Cheers dude

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Horsovsky

Hypothetically (of course), how would one go about bringing a small glass bottle into the festival without any problems? Any suggestions?

HerrTau wrote: »
    Hypothetically (of course), how would one go about bringing a small glass bottle into the festival without any problems? Any suggestions?

Pour it into a plastic one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

That'll be probably the politest suggestion you'll get here. If it is medication like insulin or something btw they won't bother you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement