Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

It's probably been asked but how easy is it to get to Stradbally/the nearest offy?

Will there be taxis to get there? Or is it within walking distance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Eod100 wrote: »
    It's probably been asked but how easy is it to get to Stradbally/the nearest offy?

I looked at google maps, and my estimation of the main street (where the bus stops) to the Entrance of Electric picnic is about 1.5km which isn't very far. Open to correction on that, and I have no idea what kind of shops they have there.

Posting up a list of things to bring to remind others (and myself) in case they've forgotten anything.

So if you think I've forgotten anything, feel free to remind me!Thanks

Tent
    Sleeping bag
    Spare clothes (esp spare socks)
    Wellies/hiking boots
    Bog roll
    Wipes and hand-wash
    Toothbrush and toothpaste
    Torch
    Sun hat, suncream, sunglasses (being optimistic)
    Rain -coat/poncho (being pessimistic)
    Food and drink
    Wallet + i.d
    Phone
    Timetable print out

Think that's pretty much everything!

I'd add:
    Padlock for tent.
    Light for tent. Argos do great one you hang from teh top.
    Your ticket!!! It's amazing how many people forget their ticket

shaaane wrote: »
    Your ticket!!! It's amazing how many people forget their ticket

haha feck!! Thanks for the reminder!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Is there a tv screen down there to watch a match on Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

walking distance, dunno where the offies are but i'm sure there's a few around anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

B&S main stage finished:
    402820_10152069246050514_1318324926_n.jpg

Motorist wrote: »

No, you'd have to travel into the town to a pub.

Motorist wrote: »

Not anywhere on site but there's bound to be a few pubs nearby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Anybody having difficulty uploading numbers to the vodafone group hug site??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

How long does the bus trip from custom house quay take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

a long shot I know but does anyone know of a route from Cork that would guarantee access to Car Park Z? I'm staying at the Pink Moon site so Z is ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

ED E wrote: »
    How long does the bus trip from custom house quay take?

More than 15 mins anyway which is the difference between the first bus and first band

It's an absolute disgrace tbh that a bus company like bus eireann can't even get you there before the bands start. I'm paying them to get me there but they can't be arsed getting me there in time and I'll now miss a band i was looking forward to seeing

Crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Where does Bus Eirean from dublin drop people off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

More than 15 mins anyway which is the difference between the first bus and first band

It's an absolute disgrace tbh that a bus company like bus eireann can't even get you there before the bands start. I'm paying them to get me there but they can't be arsed getting me there in time and I'll now miss a band i was looking forward to seeing

Crazy

Buses start at 10 from Dublin don't they?

First band isn't on until 2 or thereabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Crazy

Maybe for ye bogs, for us its 9AM start ^^
    Friday 31st Aug Departures from 9am until 6pm from Custom House Quay.

I'll die, but it'll be hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ongarite

Where is Mr. Motivator doing his dance fitness class?

Electric Ireland are bringing him over so I'd say he'll be in his own tent. My mate got tickets from Electric Ireland and inside the envelope was a Mr. Motivator mask! It looks hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sananman

a long shot I know but does anyone know of a route from Cork that would guarantee access to Car Park Z? I'm staying at the Pink Moon site so Z is ideal.
    I too would like to know this. Anyone?

Edit: in fact I just want to know where the Z entrance is.

• Advertisement

ongarite wrote: »
    Where is Mr. Motivator doing his dance fitness class?

That will be some state with people half-dying profusely sweating out beer and vodka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Friend texted there to say they just walked through the arena and to bring Welles. She says tho it hasn't rained it is still bad, worse than last year. I can't think how given last year was torrential in the lead up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭lc180

I did a search and didn't see this question answered.

Will there be scouts or volunteers at EP that will put your tent up for a donation?

I ask because I won't get down there until 7pm and my mates will be already be in the arena and I don't fancy my chances of putting one up myself successfully!

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

The scouts don't do it any more. I don't think anyone replaced them.

lc180 wrote: »
    I did a search and didn't see this question answered.

Will there be scouts or volunteers at EP that will put your tent up for a donation?

I ask because I won't get down there until 7pm and my mates will be already be in the arena and I don't fancy my chances of putting one up myself successfully!

Cheers

Nothing quite like throwing your tent up at 4am hammered drunk with a cigarette lighter as a torch, especially when it's started to lash rain :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Isn't there some manner of locker things this year for the inevitable people who will insist on bringing iPads and the like to the Picnic?

Giglocker: http://electricpicnic.ie/giglocker1

€15 for weekend but worth it for peace of mind imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭900913

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eod100 View Post

I looked at google maps, and my estimation of the main street (where the bus stops) to the Entrance of Electric picnic is about 1.5km which isn't very far. Open to correction on that, and I have no idea what kind of shops they have there.

Theres a SuperValu on the main street with an offy in it.

Google maps link:
    http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=stradbally&hl=en&ll=53.016461,-7.150254&spn=0.013967,0.038581&sll=53.017184,-7.151284&sspn=0.013967,0.038581&t=h&hnear=Stradbally,+County+Laois&z=15&layer=c&cbll=53.017172,-7.151278&panoid=hVXVdHMlkDeKItrFjZYeMw&cbp=12,335.26960699999995,,0,-3.045283

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Sooooo pumped for this now, will be hitting up Grizzly Bear, Ross Breen, Metronomy, XX, Sigur Ros, God Is An Astronaut, Dexys, Patti Smith, Cure, Squarepusher, Orbital, Le Galaxie, Riptide Movement, Katie Kim, Bombay Bicycle Club, Elbow, Bat For Lashes and Killers myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Definitely Red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭mcgarrett

Leave the motorway M8 at junction 3 and head for abbeyleix, follow the signs on for Stradbally, pass through ballyroan and after about 5 miles turn right for Timahoe at Money Cross (will be signposted for camper vans), head into Stradbally from Timahoe and turn left on the Main St in Stradbally and straight out for Car Park Z with the south east traffic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement