Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭McSheez

Motorist wrote: »
    Is there a tv screen down there to watch a match on Sunday?

At the biggest most interesting festival in the country surrounded by an amazingly variety of incredible acts and artists from all over the world and the country who've come together to provide top notch entertainment, amusement, music and art for which you've paid out the arse to see and you're worried about some apes in a field? Forget about it and catch the highlights. It's only a game, this is a ****ing party.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

lc180 wrote: »
    I did a search and didn't see this question answered.

Will there be scouts or volunteers at EP that will put your tent up for a donation?

I ask because I won't get down there until 7pm and my mates will be already be in the arena and I don't fancy my chances of putting one up myself successfully!

Cheers

If your camping neighbours are anyway friendly I'm sure they'd give you a hand with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mydadsandy

Stupid Question time.

Will there be some shop selling wellies?

Just finished work so don't think I will have a chance to pick some up in the morning.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Safe travel to the festival and back everyone!

Hope everyone has a savage time! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

McSheez wrote: »
    At the biggest most interesting festival in the country surrounded by an amazingly variety of incredible acts and artists from all over the world and the country who've come together to provide top notch entertainment, amusement, music and art for which you've paid out the arse to see and you're worried about some apes in a field? Forget about it and catch the highlights. It's only a game, this is a ****ing party.

Haha, but it's the semi-final between Dublin and Mayo. The last time these two sides met in a semi-final was an absolute cracker - one of the best games I've seen. Im all for the music, but will be taking 2 hours out of a very long weekend to watch this. Bit more variety to add to the variety of incredible acts there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭he man rugger

How bad will traffic be if I'm leaving Dublin around three? Can't leave any earlier due to commitments, but want to park. Will it be a nightmare by that stage or is parking straight forward enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mr.S wrote: »
    Just finished packing, 90% of my bag is drink, jesus my back will die.

Not packed yet :S Will have to have a lil kip when I get there :P

Motorist wrote: »
    Haha, but it's the semi-final between Dublin and Mayo. The last time these two sides met in a semi-final was an absolute cracker - one of the best games I've seen. Im all for the music, but will be taking 2 hours out of a very long weekend to watch this. Bit more variety to add to the variety of incredible acts there :D

No there'll be no harm to anyone of course :) I don't understand distractions when I'm at a festival. Least of all the 'forbidden TV'...But there's nothing like a good match to put you in a party mood. Can't imagine there's any screens on site though.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Just finished packing, 90% of my bag is drink, jesus my back will die.

Mod of gigs & events

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4_cb0VRQhB2yOWnvxIjV5lwk5kJqWNjOFa1USlozDCkzeP31U

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rurbs

Just got my ticket yesterday, wasn't even sure if i was going until then. So im completely unorganised. Does anyone know will I be able to buy a return bus ticket in dublin tomorrow or are the buses sold out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Rurbs wrote: »
    Just got my ticket yesterday, wasn't even sure if i was going until then. So im completely unorganised. Does anyone know will I be able to buy a return bus ticket in dublin tomorrow or are the buses sold out?

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to buy tickets at customs house quay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

So who else is up half the night packing? I suspect by Monday I'll be completely zombified and hallucinating from tiredness.

Adro947 wrote: »
    So who else is up half the night packing? I suspect by Monday I'll be completely zombified and hallucinating from tiredness.

Spent 2hrs fiddling with stuff trying to hack my C902 to network unlock so I can use it. Could get a code off O2 but didnt think to ask in time :S Its small and I have two batteries so its perfect, but wont work with my sim :/

Now to squeeze everything into my pack....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Adro947 wrote: »
    I suspect by Monday I'll be completely zombified and hallucinating from tiredness.
    I suspect by 4am tomorrow I'll be zombified and hallucinating, though probably not tired at all.

I feel like a child on Xmas eve with the excitement! Can't sleep at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

More than 15 mins anyway which is the difference between the first bus and first band

It's an absolute disgrace tbh that a bus company like bus eireann can't even get you there before the bands start. I'm paying them to get me there but they can't be arsed getting me there in time and I'll now miss a band i was looking forward to seeing

Crazy

Buses start at 10 from Dublin don't they?

First band isn't on until 2 or thereabouts.

Sorry should have said... Going on Sunday for the day

The riptide movement are 12.15 - 12.45 on Sunday

All along EP website said 11am bus departures but bus eireann said buses are 12 - 1 from custom house

It's over an hour on a good day so in reality in be looking at about 2 before I'm there and in to the stage area, at this time the first 2 bands would be over

I'm planning on making an official complaint about this. To me it's not on that I cant get there on time for bands

So much for encouraging the use of public transport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

More than 15 mins anyway which is the difference between the first bus and first band

It's an absolute disgrace tbh that a bus company like bus eireann can't even get you there before the bands start. I'm paying them to get me there but they can't be arsed getting me there in time and I'll now miss a band i was looking forward to seeing

Crazy

Buses start at 10 from Dublin don't they?

First band isn't on until 2 or thereabouts.

All along EP website said 11am bus departures but bus eireann said buses are 12 - 1 from custom house

It's over an hour on a good day so in reality in be looking at about 2 before I'm there and in to the stage area, at this time the first 2 bands would be over

I'm planning on making an official complaint about this. To me it's not on that I cant get there on time for bands

Try marathon sports travel, buses going from ucd and city centre from 9 today not sure about tomorrow and Sunday though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Enjoy guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

YES no more sleeps......*runs around the bed, hops up and down*

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lesserspottedchloe

YES no more sleeps......*runs around the bed, hops up and down*

Id say I got a grand total of 4hrs sleep-It's like Santa for grown ups!

• Advertisement

laylah wrote: »
    Id say I got a grand total of 4hrs sleep-It's like Santa for grown ups!

a respectable 6, I might havea snooze later, just so I stay up longer tonight

Train?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 klaramcdonnell

is there an earlier bus that the 12??

Everyone wake up!!!! It's here!! Yaaaaaay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sananman

There's some fella in work who cant go this year because his missus is dragging him to a Wedding Fair. Beyond Lame!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Mr Motivator's Dancefloor. Bring it !

216913_514379951920789_889051014_n.jpg

sananman wrote: »
    There's some fella in work who cant go this year because his missus is dragging him to a Wedding Fair. Beyond Lame!
    This:

Line_Up_for_Electric_Picnic_2011_just_keeps_getting_better_acts_bands_musicians_added_announced_confirmed_information_details_news_updates_music_scene_ireland.jpg

vs this:

rds_wedding_fairs.jpg

Seriously, how can she look the lad in the eye and tell him that she loves him?

She clearly chopped off his manhood, he aint no lad anymore.

In other news, just got given a flagon of smirnoff, MORE DRINK. God I dont look forward to monday :p

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    She clearly chopped off his manhood, he aint no lad anymore.

In other news, just got given a flagon of smirnoff, MORE DRINK. God I dont look forward to monday :p
    **** Monday, man. Remember, as soon as you touch down on the campsite, reality doesn't exist for the next three days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement