Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Do u reckon a litre of Vodka, litre of Captain Morgans and a lab of cans will do me for the wkd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Do u reckon a litre of Vodka, litre of Captain Morgans and a lab of cans will do me for the wkd?

Depends how fat you are, chunky.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sananman

2 litres of spirits and a slab is pretty much the standard amount. Good weight to alcohol ratio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Depends on how long you're spending in the campsite, really. You will be waking up early when you're sleeping in a tent, and you will be looking for the cure pretty soon after rising. 8 cans throughout the course of the day isn't that much at a festival, and if you run out I guarantee you'll be fiending for a tin when you're sitting around the tents on Sunday night. If you're down at the music for most of the day it'll be plenty.

Oh, and you might already be aware of this, but be careful with the spirits. You can be chugging along fine on the beer, but then you start pouring the hard stuff with a heavy hand and you go from 0 to absolute liability as quick as you can say "blackout."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,696 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

sananman wrote: »
    2 litres of spirits and a slab is pretty much the standard amount. Good weight to alcohol ratio.

for the 3rd year in a row I'll probably be the only sober adult in Co. Laois - thats my price for over indulgence in my younger years:eek:

• Advertisement

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Depends on how long you're spending in the campsite, really. You will be waking up early when you're sleeping in a tent, and you will be looking for the cure pretty soon after rising. 8 cans throughout the course of the day isn't that much at a festival, and if you run out I guarentee you'll be fiending for a tin when you're sitting around the tents on Sunday night. If you're down at the music for most of the day it'll be plenty.

Oh, and you might already be aware of this, but be careful with the spirits. You can be chugging along fine on the beer, but then you start pouring the hard stuff with a heavy hand and you go from 0 to absolute liability as quick as you can say "blackout."

I reckon we'll spend a good bit of time in the camping area tbh. May indeed invest in a few more tins just to be safe.;)

From anyone's experience, Is it worth the effort of bringing an esky down for the booze?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Grimes just reported that her gear was stolen:

https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/241491654786289664

No word on whether this will affect her slot at EP.

If Azealia and her end up pulling out I'll be a bit upset :mad:

It's lovely here lads :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭TheFlamingo

Here's a stupid question - you can bring the food you have in the campsite into the arena right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Here's a stupid question - you can bring the food you have in the campsite into the arena right?

Unless it's cooking on a bbq at the time, it won't be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Well, whats the crowd like?

Sniffer Dogs at Front Gates.....fook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Hey guys anyone know what the craic is with bringing booze with me on the sunday? Can I bring some in and then leave it in a mate's tent in the campsite before hitting the festival proper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Hey guys anyone know what the craic is with bringing booze with me on the sunday? Can I bring some in and then leave it in a mate's tent in the campsite before hitting the festival proper?

No, they'll search you for drink on the way in. The entrance on Sunday will be into the main arena. Get your friend to meet you outside and bring it to the tent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

sananman wrote: »
    There's some fella in work who cant go this year because his missus is dragging him to a Wedding Fair. Beyond Lame!

That may be the sadest thing I have ever heard :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Sniffer Dogs at Front Gates.....fook

delighted to see this:)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Seems there is a lot of people trying to sneak in a climb the walls, wonder how successful they were considering the amount of security this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,586 ✭✭✭✭fits

Was down there last night. Caught a bit of Roots Manuva, the Vaccines. Was in Body and soul area for a while to see the Dirty Dubsters (deadly!). And then went down to TheXX and Sigur Ros.

Atmosphere is great down there. Lovely crowd. Sound at main stage was amazing! Happy girl this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BigAl81

... and the sun is shining and it's not too muddy, time for a breakfast roll methinks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Anyone else in Hendrix get their tent fleeced last night? My gf woke up middle of the night when she heard the zip open on the tent, I was KOd so she shouted to wake me and the f**ker who had a flashlight with him zipped the tent closed and ran. Every tent around us had the same, he tried to lift a handbag from one of the girls in the tent beside us and another one of the guys had his cash stolen...... From beside him while he was passed out!! Takes some level of scum to feel a need to ruin the weekend for people like that, total paranoia now about leaving our tent. Obviously we have our valuables on us, but just the thought of someone fancying a gawk in the tent is just infuriating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

indiewindy wrote: »
    delighted to see this:)

Why?

In any case im sure the dogs are just for show, they'd be going ****ing mental if they were to actually be sniffing out drugs on the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

I'm headin down for the day 2mo, r wellies recommended r would old runners do? And how tight is security for getting drink into the arena?
    Thanks for any help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

thebaz wrote: »
    for the 3rd year in a row I'll probably be the only sober adult in Co. Laois - thats my price for over indulgence in my younger years:eek:

I'll be the other sober adult (in the loosest sense of the word) there :)

Well excited for Sunday, only day I could get off work but it'll be perfect.

Just a reminder to people driving down. Like last year, there will be a complete ring of Mandatory Alcohol Testing checkpoints surrounding the car parks on Sunday night and Monday morning, so if you're not sure, no harm holding off leaving for a few hours just to be on the safe side. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TheBeetles

Does anybody know if you can buy day tickets at the gate tomorrow ?

TheBeetles wrote: »

I'd say your best bet is to buy one online, or at a ticketmaster outlet today, just to be on the safe side. I just bought one this morning no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

niallon wrote: »
    Anyone else in Hendrix get their tent fleeced last night? My gf woke up middle of the night when she heard the zip open on the tent, I was KOd so she shouted to wake me and the f**ker who had a flashlight with him zipped the tent closed and ran. Every tent around us had the same, he tried to lift a handbag from one of the girls in the tent beside us and another one of the guys had his cash stolen...... From beside him while he was passed out!! Takes some level of scum to feel a need to ruin the weekend for people like that, total paranoia now about leaving our tent. Obviously we have our valuables on us, but just the thought of someone fancying a gawk in the tent is just infuriating

Where about in Hendrix? All it takes is one scumbag to sneak in, some serious scoby looking lads in Stradbally! I'm in my Carlow hotel now but I pitched a supplies tent in Hendrix with all my alcohol! Hope it doesn't get lifted.
    davywalsh7 wrote: »
    I'm headin down for the day 2mo, r wellies recommended r would old runners do? And how tight is security for getting drink into the arena?
    Thanks for any help

I'm wearing runners. Ground is fine IMO. Few bits with water but rare. Not even that much mud yet overall. Searches aren't strict at all.I sneak a plastic bottle in my sock. I havn't tried just walking in with it behind my back but it might work.
    TheBeetles wrote: »

Yes. I'd be shocked if it sold out.

Yes. I'd be shocked if it sold out.

So would I, but I wouldn't want to drive to Stradbally to find out it was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I caught end of Grizzly Bear yesterday, new stuff didn't sound great. For a festival show they could have played old stuff.

Was up front centre for Roots Manuva and caught it all. Unreal, really got the crowd going but the sound seemed a bit off. Anyone else hear that?

The xx were a lot better than I thought they'd be on the main stage. I was pretty ruined for Sigur Ros but they seemed to play a lot of random stuff or was it just songs I didn't know?!

Spent ages trying to find rave in the woods. Vibe overall was class, same as other years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement