Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ais9319

I've just managed to get myself on the guestlist for tomorrow, anyone know where I have to go for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Ais9319 wrote: »
    I've just managed to get myself on the guestlist for tomorrow, anyone know where I have to go for this?

Box Office at the main entrance usually but with a Sunday ticket it could be different. Probably still there and you'll have to walk back to the Sunday entrance into the arena.

There was a huge queue of people collecting guestlist tickets yesterday, i was jelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Where about in Hendrix? All it takes is one scumbag to sneak in, some serious scoby looking lads in Stradbally! I'm in my Carlow hotel now but I pitched a supplies tent in Hendrix with all my alcohol! Hope it doesn't get lifted.

Towards the concert entrance. I doubt it was isolated though, probably just moved through the camp site. Hope your stuff is ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

niallon wrote: »
    Anyone else in Hendrix get their tent fleeced last night? My gf woke up middle of the night when she heard the zip open on the tent, I was KOd so she shouted to wake me and the f**ker who had a flashlight with him zipped the tent closed and ran. Every tent around us had the same, he tried to lift a handbag from one of the girls in the tent beside us and another one of the guys had his cash stolen...... From beside him while he was passed out!! Takes some level of scum to feel a need to ruin the weekend for people like that, total paranoia now about leaving our tent. Obviously we have our valuables on us, but just the thought of someone fancying a gawk in the tent is just infuriating

yep, friends gf got her bag snatched while she slept. Queue a car locksmith charging 500 spons to get her car open again. fair enough, don't bring expensive belongings, but car keys are pretty essential. The guy obviously went through clothes too. I would imagine these guys are making a killing.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

Hi i have just decided to go to electric picnic tomorrow, i am in dublin does any one know what is the bus to get there, i was looking at Bus Éireann and it said it does not go until 12, and u can not book them online does any one know if u can buy them on the bus, or any other buses that are going that would go before 12, coming back on te sunday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

How are ground conditions in the arena today guys?? Debating about the wellies for tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

How are ground conditions in the arena today guys?? Debating about the wellies for tomorrow!

On the whole it's fine, decent shoes should be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Hey,scabbing a lift up in the morning,would we be better to stroll in from stradbally?cabt remember the distance ftom the village,five years since I was at ep,cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

igorbiscan wrote: »
    Hey,scabbing a lift up in the morning,would we be better to stroll in from stradbally?cabt remember the distance ftom the village,five years since I was at ep,cheers!

Its right in the middle of Stradbally

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nci87

Does anyone know if you can buy a bus eireann ticket from Dublin on the bus tomorrow morning? They are sold out on the website :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Ais9319

nci87 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can buy a bus eireann ticket from Dublin on the bus tomorrow morning? They are sold out on the website :(

I'm not too sure but if you can't instead you can get the train from heuston to portlaoise and there's buses going from there every half hour to the site

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Hey, anyone know how much in a taxi to Portlaoise? Many taxis available at round 2am at the venue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Motorist wrote: »
    Hey, anyone know how much in a taxi to Portlaoise? Many taxis available at round 2am at the venue?

It cost me €20 to get to Kilminchy. Add another couple of quid to that if you want to get into town. But €20 is generally what they charge. Shouldn't be any problem getting one at that hour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

niallon wrote: »
    Anyone else in Hendrix get their tent fleeced last night? My gf woke up middle of the night when she heard the zip open on the tent, I was KOd so she shouted to wake me and the f**ker who had a flashlight with him zipped the tent closed and ran. Every tent around us had the same, he tried to lift a handbag from one of the girls in the tent beside us and another one of the guys had his cash stolen...... From beside him while he was passed out!! Takes some level of scum to feel a need to ruin the weekend for people like that, total paranoia now about leaving our tent. Obviously we have our valuables on us, but just the thought of someone fancying a gawk in the tent is just infuriating

yep, friends gf got her bag snatched while she slept. Queue a car locksmith charging 500 spons to get her car open again. fair enough, don't bring expensive belongings, but car keys are pretty essential. The guy obviously went through clothes too. I would imagine these guys are making a killing.

A lot of that going on. Two people near me had their tents opened only for the guy to run off when the occupants stirred. He had a Liverpool accent.

Separately, a girl in a tent near me began shouting hysterically at 7 this morning. Someone left a Barry White along with an explosion of diarrhoea outside her tent on the floor of the gazebo. She kept shouting "How could someone do this?" Not a nice thing to wake up to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

A lot of that going on. Two people near me had their tents opened only for the guy to run off when the occupants stirred. He had a Liverpool accent.

Last night around 2.30am before I headed to Forest stage, at my tent in hendrix near the arena I saw this sketchy looking lad walking around the tents. I was watching him for a bit and he definitely saw me watching him. Definitely didn't look like a lad looking for his tent.

I went over to him and asked was he looking for his tent, he had a Liverpool accent but was pretty old, round 40 I say. I assumed he was grand then because I was guessing all tent-robbers are local, young Stradbally lads who snuck in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Separately, a girl in a tent near me began shouting hysterically at 7 this morning. Someone left a Barry White along with an explosion of diarrhoea outside her tent on the floor of the gazebo. She kept shouting "How could someone do this?" Not a nice thing to wake up to.

Sorry, but LOL.. nightmare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Saw The Cure play last night...a brilliant performance and thay played from 9 to until well after 12....

Richard Hawley was top class as well. Worth the trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Ha, that was my friends tent, they're driving home this evening so luckily don't have to spend another night with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

I didn't know Barry White was playing this year....

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

There was an ad on Gumtree for some guy called Grant who had a Liverpool accent. Basically he'd walk you in past security for €70 but supposedly all he was doing was taking te money and legging it. Why people would go for this option anyway is beyond me. Sounds like he's enjoying his weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Last night around 2.30am before I headed to Forest stage, at my tent in hendrix near the arena I saw this sketchy looking lad walking around the tents. I was watching him for a bit and he definitely saw me watching him. Definitely didn't look like a lad looking for his tent.

I went over to him and asked was he looking for his tent, he had a Liverpool accent but was pretty old, round 40 I say. I assumed he was grand then because I was guessing all tent-robbers are local, young Stradbally lads who snuck in.

This sounds like the guy! It's on EP's Facebook page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What time do the buses start leaving for Dublin tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Was hoping they might have some footage from EP on the RTE website. Instead it's mainly excruciating interviews like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

what a tool of an interviewer???? Who is he???????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I'm literally cringing through that interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Electric Picnic 1 - Me 0.... Am home & have hit new levels of exhaustion, pain & hearing loss (and that was from one day). Such an eclectic mix of stuff down there - it went from surreal to strange, peculiar and finished with spectacular. Elbow & Killers were amazing.

Although the Cavan band The Strypes were an absolute gem. They are all in their teens & have an amazing sound, such a tight outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

Jesus H. Christ-who the feck is the RTE guy-inept or wha?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Alan Corr, don't know where they found him.

"So................. Iceland still expensive?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,696 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

that interview is hilarious , is it the Apres Match crew ?

EP highlights-for me - Christy, Lanegan , strypes, roots and murphy dj set , and body and soul
    - couldn't take the cure or killers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

just home from a day trip, and I can feel the food poisoning setting in already :P Had the best EP yet, the crowd at Dublin Gospel Choir were the best and biggest ever.
    Rest well people. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement