Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

seachto7 wrote: »
    I reckon you'll have Mumford and Sons on next year, what with a new album and all.
    What about Fleetwood Mac or Radiohead?

Can't see fleetwood mac there, would love if they did come but I cannot see it happening.

Radiohead? Meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Slattsy wrote: »
    There will be a mass boycott of EP if Mumford & Sons make the line up !!! :mad:

Really?

Violent Femmes as a bizarre off kilter band in the Dexy's spot.

Would be whopper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

benwavner wrote: »
    And why is that? They were good in 2010.

Well i wasnt there myself in 2010 but heard they were pretty poor.

Personally, i think they're awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

And why is that? They were good in 2010.

Well i wasnt there myself in 2010 but heard they were pretty poor.

Personally, i think they're awful.
    Well enjoy mass boycotting with yourself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Not a fan of M&S, but seeing as they played a few years back, and this year you had Of Monsters and Men, Ed Sheeran, Ben Howard, all in the M&S area.........

Would love to see Bon Iver or TV on the Radio there, or someone like John Butler Trio. I can't understand why John Butler doesn't do festivals here. His band is tailor made for festivals, and poops all over the likes of Ed Sheeran and M&S. He filled the Olympia a few years back. But that's just my opinion...

What about Pearl Jam? Too "rock" for EP? Too "big" for EP? Would also love to see someone like Jeff Lang in the Body and Soul area.

There was a band on the salty dog stage this year on the sunday who were like mumford and sons.....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bugsy1977

pearl jam far too big for EP altho Glen hansard has been gigging with eddie so maybe if he had a word,check out glen and eddie on youtube, amazing stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

audio of lots of acts' sets here:
    http://www.rte.ie/radio/electricpicnic/audio.html

Great stuff, thanks for that!

Any idea if any of these sets can be downloaded? Or can they only be streamed?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

There will be a mass boycott of EP if Mumford & Sons make the line up !!! :mad:

So you'd boycott an event with over a hundred bands/acts playing because there's a band who you don't like playing a one hour set? Sounds like fun!

I was working at EP but even still I had an amazing time. The sound from the main stage was top notch. Met lots of nice people, and of course, the weather wasn't bad either :D

• Advertisement

Twee. wrote: »
    So you'd boycott an event with over a hundred bands/acts playing because there's a band who you don't like playing a one hour set? Sounds like fun!

I was working at EP but even still I had an amazing time. The sound from the main stage was top notch. Met lots of nice people, and of course, the weather wasn't bad either :D

I wouldnt actually, just despise them and their **** music > just my opinion ;)
    Would simply boycott their performance only, hope that makes everyone feel better lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I wouldnt actually, just despise them and their **** music > just my opinion ;)
    Would simply boycott their performance only, hope that makes everyone feel better lol

Sure isnt that what everyone does at a festival............just dont go to bands you dont like. Choose your words better.

"There will be a mass boycott of EP if Mumford & Sons make the line up !!!"

Sure isnt that what everyone does at a festival............just dont go to bands you dont like. Choose your words better.

"There will be a mass boycott of EP if Mumford & Sons make the line up !!!"

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Nugget89

There was a band on the salty dog stage this year on the sunday who were like mumford and sons.....

These fellas? http://www.facebook.com/AmazingApples
    They're a Galway band, doing fairly well at the moment

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

tmc86 wrote: »
    First off Electric Picnic is so much more than a music festival, I would class Oxegen as a music festival whereas Electric Picnic has so much more to offer, not just in terms of the tents and stands but the sculptures and art around the campsite and arena. Not to mention things like the food theatre, poetry readings and numerous other events.

I go to Electric Picnic not for the music but for the whole experience - obviously I am interested in the music and see as many acts as I can over the weekend.

Since there is something for everyone and the crowd is a good mix, the bodytonic stage (forest stage) was jammed all weekend too, blasting music out till 5am so not all the "soft cocks" were discussing Sh*te at Leviathan. Sounds like you like to generalise and stereo-type so its no wonder you're not a fan of Electric Picnic.

But at least you know that the festival isn't for you having been before which is no loss to the Electric Picnic crowd.

tbh every other festival is more than just the music with the exception of oxegen,. Latitude,Big Chill, Glasto,Leeds, Reading, Hove, Download...well maybe download is mainly music... but does it well

Nugget89 wrote: »
    These fellas? http://www.facebook.com/AmazingApples
    They're a Galway band, doing fairly well at the moment

Nope. I don't think Amazing Apples sound anything like M&S. Wasn't them anyhow...

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Nope. I don't think Amazing Apples sound anything like M&S. Wasn't them anyhow...

Was it Hermitage Green by any chance?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

fits wrote: »
    Blag all you like, you're not going to get free entry through four security checks. Nor should you. Blagging a free ticket in the first place is a different matter though. Its all about connections.

I bought my ticket this year because I'm just not in that loop anymore but I got a backstage pass for one of the areas, and associated free booze and s'leb spotting!

To be honest, I dont mind paying if it means we continue to have the quality weekend available to us here. Its so important to have events like that.

I work on the main gate last few years, at the wristbanding point, I assure you, its not easy to blag, if someone blags its likely through me or one other person, we would turn away an awful lot every day, its ridiculous at this stage the amount trying it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I read in one of the blog reviews that the Sunday day ticketers had to leave the venue after the Killers set, that they couldnt access the Body and Soul area afterwards, or go to the smaller stages such as Salty Dog and the Algorhytm stage in the forest, is that correct? Surely they were allowed to visit these during the day.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

I read in one of the blog reviews that the Sunday day ticketers had to leave the venue after the Killers set, that they couldnt access the Body and Soul area afterwards, or go to the smaller stages such as Salty Dog and the Algorhytm stage in the forest, is that correct? Surely there were allowed to visit these during the day.

Don't talk to me about the F***in salty dog...

I was told to check it out so I asked around

I was told "yeah up there by the trees", went up and there was a small area with eddie rockets and a trailer park stage

Was told its down near the ferris wheel. Went down there, no joy

Then we heard what we thought was it and was told by security, "yeah it's behid this fence but you can't get in there with a day pass"

We ended up getting sick of trying to find it in the end but the amount of misinformation was ridiculous

Apart from that it was an excellent day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

There were checks stopping people with day tickets going into the campsite from the arena so that would have meant no Salty Dog or Rave in the Woods. Pretty sure they were allowed in Body and Soul during the day but maybe not after a certain time at night but I didn't see these checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Toast wrote: »
    There were checks stopping people with day tickets going into the campsite from the arena so that would have meant no Salty Dog or Rave in the Woods. Pretty sure they were allowed in Body and Soul during the day but maybe not after a certain time at night but I didn't see these checks.

No Trenchtown either. Seems mad. I can understand the organisers not wanting day-trippers sneaking into the camping arena but surely they could have designed it so that day-trippers could still see some of these stages!

Or they could offer a camping ticket add-on for day-trippers or something.

Wonder how many day-trippers there were this year and what they did after - stay in a hotel locally?, head back to Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

maybe it was Of Monsters and Men

day tickets were no readmission from venue and arena only, tho they allowed folk in through main gate meaning they had to go through the campsites to get in, kinda defeated the purpose. it was to prevent day folk roaming the campsites and misbehavin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

John blek and the rats??? Saw them live before and they sound like mumford and sons. They are Irish too:)

Nope, they were muscular

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Nugget89

Nope, they were muscular

Surely Hermitage Green so, those guys are built

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭Popsy

Bellowhead??

http://bellowhead.co.uk/

they played the Salty Dog on Saturday night after midnight

No, Hermitage Green haven't been on Jools Holland, Bellowhead have, can't mix them up! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I dont like to see this thread dying either as this is the best festival.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement