Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2012

1686970717274»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tfarrell

i have a 5 man tent but its just 2 of us sleeping in it (friends may join as they have a crappy little pop up tent that prob wont last) but am just wondering if the tent will be too big tho... or is there lots going with big tents??? also any tips for finding your tent?? or any tips in general.. cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gracielooks

tfarrell wrote: »
    i have a 5 man tent but its just 2 of us sleeping in it (friends may join as they have a crappy little pop up tent that prob wont last) but am just wondering if the tent will be too big tho... or is there lots going with big tents??? also any tips for finding your tent?? or any tips in general.. cheers!

Hi! Is it a high one that you can stand up in? I like them because I feel claustrophobic in the smaller ones especially if the weather is nice. I have been going to festivals for 10 years now and what works for me at a minimum is 2 people to a 4 man, 3 people to a 5 man etc. What has been good some years is to use a really small tent just for our stuff, like clothes and for dumping chairs into when we're going into the music.

So you'll be totally grand in a 5 man with a little room for one of your friends. I find the 8 men ones become the party tent and get really gross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

tfarrell wrote: »

A lot of campers will have a higher capacity tent than they actually need, eg 5 man for 2 people. If it's wet, the porch area is worth its weight in gold to get out of wet clothes before getting into the sleeping area.
    If its hot, 5 people in a 5 man tent will be like a toaster.

Bring a bit of builders red & white tape or something like that to tie to the top of your tent. Don't use anything too attractive (fancy flag) as it'll be too noticable and will probably get nicked. Look from your tent for a physical marker, e.g. lighting/security tower, corner of fence, large tree.
    obvious tips. Then guage where you are in relation to them, it'll help get you close to the tent where you can see your bit of tape/ plastic.
    You could also try a GPS/car parking app to record your position but as that depends on battery life and signal, you are better doing it the manual way.

General tips;
    • Don't be rushed into putting it up in the first spot you find. They are really cramped nearer to the entrances. Head for the back of the campsite.
    • When you do decide on a spot, have a look around to see will you end up on the edge of a path or walkway, you'll end up with people falling/kicking/tripping/pi$$ing on your tent at night.
    • Similarly, don't setup near toilet blocks, they will smell (really, they do :D), you'll have more people walking around (late night noise) and if its wet, the ground will be in tatters.
    • If there is good weather, you'll be baked from sunrise so try and face your tent porch east to keep the direct sun off the sleeping area as much as possible.
    • If you have the weather skills of Evelyn Cusack, face your doorway into the wind so you can get a breeze into the tent.
    • If there are a few of you camping, keep the tents together, as there is a little more chance of someone you know being around the tents for security, but it's only a small help there.
    • Bring earplugs. There will alway be some level of noise (even in the quiet campsites) and there is usually some eejit up all night repeatedly singing the same line from a song of one of the bands from the night before, or quoting some add off the tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Tents are, like, SO last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

buyer95 wrote: »
    I'm looking at getting a day ticket for sunday, as I'd love to see the Arctic Monkeys.But its 85 euro for a one day ticket and I've never been to the picnic before. What other bands are playing on Sunday, I can't see a lineup for sunday on the website?

You might wanna get a time machine with that ticket cause this thread is from 2012 man

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Zombie ended.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement