Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Cavan like? Honest oppinions please.

Options
  • 10-09-2011 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Okay,,:pac:

I'm new to this. I joined Boards.ie because i wanted to find out from real people what Cavan is like to live in? Flaws and all. I live in Kilkenny city and down here at the moment there is nothing to do. (college/course wise) I'm just turning 19. See, i was on the fás website and i seen that there is a hairdressing course starting through fás in november. I have never been to cavan, in fact i've never lived out of home for more than 2 weeks and the closest i've been to cavan is belfast, louth. I'm absolutely terrified:eek: in all fairness of what's ahead. I applied for the course and i'll know the end of next month if i have a place, then i have 3 weeks to find accomodation and know my way around cavan in itself. The fact that i'll be on my own is even worse. I don't know anyone who lives there or went to college there so I had to ask a bigger crowd! Sorry about my little rant here, feel free to rant in your answers, the more i know, the better. :D

Thank you in advance!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Cavn is a small town, great people, good crowd at the college etc, reasonable nightlife, youll have a ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Its not that big a town, I wouldnt worry about finding my way around.

Many of the housing estates would be within 30 minutes walk and there is a good Super Value near the college + Tesco/ Dunnes in the town centre, and Lidl / Aldi a three minute drive..

People are very friendly really, and for someone living away from home rent wouldnt be extortionate, there is a good bus service to Dublin, and its quite a safe town at night etc. The bus station is in the town centre too, and there are plenty of taxis.

No more than any other town there are a few trouble makers about, but ya will get that anywhere. If ya dont get involved with them (getting involved includes buying illegal substances, DVDs or Electronics from people on the street or in the back of a car) then they probably wont get involved with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

+1 on what's said so far.

There is a good student life and better than Louth anyhow. Small, easy to get around and it's not short of places to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭BahSheep

Thank God! Feel much better now.. :) That's some weight off my shoulders, I hope i fit in, I'd hate to stand out at all.... If anyone else has any opinions feel free to give them. :rolleyes: :D

Advertisement