Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi-Spec Build help

Options
  • 10-09-2011 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

So I'm looking to build my own rig but I havent been keeping up to date with the latest hardware and I feel a bit... overwhelmed.
    It'll primarily be used for graphic/video/web design with gaming as a bonus.
    I'll want to use multiple monitors with it also.

I'm willing to spend between 1k - 1.5k(can go higher if really needed) on it with performance/value being more important than over the top extravagance (ie if a cheaper part does almost as good a job, I'd rather that). Size / looks are unimportant.

For processor, does the i5 seem like better value than i7 without huge performance difference?
    I would prob want as much RAM as possible, and an SSD for primary drive.
    For the graphics card(s) I'm completely open to suggestion, getting the best one possible within my budget after everything else.
    I'd want a good audio card, but it's not a priority.

Also, from what I can see with monitors, IPS seems to be the best for graphic design... such as the Dell Ultrasharp.
    These seem to be pricey, which will affect my overall budget.

Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement