Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurricane Katia heading for Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

My first day of college tomorrow so I have no sympathy for anybody who doesn't have anything significant to do tomorrow. I know that no matter how bad the weather is I have to go in tomorrow.
    First day of college really isn't that big a deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Weather here in Louth is starting to take a turn for the nasty! Serious rain - the type that usually causes flooding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I'm on coast of South Donegal. It's raining and blustery but nothing out of the ordinary. As yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Nic Neptune

Windy and rainy in Limerick but the wind isn't anything out of the ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'm on coast of South Donegal. It's raining and blustery but nothing out of the ordinary. As yet.

It was just like another day in Donegal for the most part today.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Cavan is wet, wind not so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

North County Dublin/up near Drogheda very very wet. Wind is pretty much normal though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

Swords

We have about 1knot of "wind". No rain. Looking for some excitement here...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

if we dont have anything tomorrow i will be disappointed :( wanted some tornadoes and crap, why is weather always so damn mild here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Very windy and wet here in Cork. Nothing too spectacular yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Console

Stopped raining here in North Dublin.
    As of so far, its been nothing special with the wheather. Just a regular day so far. (raining = regular :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

Just cycled through Cork City centre. It felt like a zombie movie or something as the wind and rain had died down but there were no people or cars out on the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Quite calm here but wet.

From looking at the Weather Board the experts seem to be suggesting it wont be as bad for Donegal as predicted, but still pretty bad.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

A chill wind.

Constantly blowing abruptly.

Shouldn't have had that kebab last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭YBTurbo

Really wet down in Limerick................. Although that's just my misses. :pac:

Seriously though its just normal wind and rain here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

YBTurbo wrote: »
    Really wet down in Limerick................. Although that's just my misses. :pac:

Seriously though its just normal wind and rain here.

Do you want me to send her home before the winds kick up?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭carolluke1

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

This hurricane is a disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

No shorts tomorrow, gottit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Hurricane my bum bum.

Its just a bit gusty for flip sake. Flapjacks.

• Advertisement

huricane huricane huricane there i said it three times it should start now :D

huricane huricane huricane there i said it three times it should start now :D

Someone was watching Beetlejuice on tv earlier, right? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Off to Oz on Thursday and really wanted one last dose of absolute s***e weather, so I'd remember well what I will be missing when over there.

Very disappointing indeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mann

Its really warming up here in Doonbeg Co Clare, I just been for a walk near the beach where I found it hard at times to walk against the stronger gusts of wind that kept driving the drizzly rain down my neck,

It should be a sight for sore eyes around midday with the High tide and big swells.. I heard the swells could reach 8 metres in places,

I love this type of weather as it sends all the holiday folks home and gives me plenty of parking space everywhere I go :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The Hurricane is to start from about 6 in the morning on through the day!

RTE Radio one forecast predicting up to Force 11 winds! :eek:

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

eerily calm at the moment.. no rain, no breeze nothin..

wooohooo bring it on (like that scene in forrest gump when yer man with no legs is on the fishin boat!)!!

if true im going fishing :D figure its the smart thing to do on a day like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Wind's howling/pretty strong here in Limerick for me..

As of noth dublin ... nothing :(
    Hey not saying i want to see things blowing off roofs or anything :P but as of right now, no rain and only a bit of wind.
    Have to say tho, doesnt seem to be a lot of traffic on the roads. Back of my house is a main road. Not much activity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Advertisement