Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your options if you fail?

Options
  • 10-09-2011 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Ok so just been thinking, what if I fail my repeat exams, what are my options after that?
    I know I could talk to the head of dept. to see could I repeat the semester but I wouldn't get any financial assistance if I did, and what am I suppose to do from now till January?:mad:
    and if I did a different course I definitely wouldn't be able to afford fees.. The only options I see myself having are getting a job (which I can't:() or going on the dole and getting €100 a week and having no 3rd level education... :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

You didn't fail yet so don't jump the ball yet. If the worst happens you could chill until January and repeat the semester?. Over the next few months you could look over your course and have it well known before you even start

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭emmbay

--SmItHy-- wrote: »
    You didn't fail yet so don't jump the ball yet. If the worst happens you could chill until January and repeat the semester?. Over the next few months you could look over your course and have it well known before you even start

Yeah but you probably have to pay to repeat the semester and I cant afford it, plus I be able to survive from January to May without a grant, It cost me €200 a month just to travel to Dundalk everyday..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

No point in stressing about it now. Repeats are done. Get your results, take a deep breath and study them. If you're let down by what you got, organise a meeting with Breda as soon as she can take you to discuss your options. She's very nice about these sort of things, so I'm sure if there is an option available to you, she'll bring it up!

Lets hope I get good results on Thursday:rolleyes:...[FINGERS CROSSED]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

In the same boat myself. Hopefully if I fail 2 i'll still get into second year somehow :pac:

• Advertisement

James__10 wrote: »
    In the same boat myself. Hopefully if I fail 2 i'll still get into second year somehow :pac:

I doubt if you failed 2 you would get into second year, would be good if you could tho...

Advertisement