Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get the word out there!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Actually on this topic there was a thread in the shooting forum which I keep meaning to investigate.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056138748

I keep forgetting to check the actual website when at home but it seems like we could load up a vid and have it on the screens at Stephen's Green etc. (if they still do that)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Should add ladnopoka's channel up there

http://www.youtube.com/user/ladnopoka#p/u

He's been recording some matches in the last few events

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Should add ladnopoka's channel up there

http://www.youtube.com/user/ladnopoka#p/u

He's been recording some matches in the last few events

Nice stuff Ladnopoka!

I'll add some of these to the Inferno XIX writeup.

All the non-pools matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Updated the Events page of randomselect.ie on facebook.

Personally, I think this is The best way of getting new people at our events.

Clash X counter has it's own, so i won't make one but will link to it later.

Doom, when you get time, if you could add new bits to the first post, like the channels people have mentioned.

anyone else got channels they want mentioned?

That's why as of September 30th you'll no longer be able to send updates to fans using Facebook Messages.

Facebook continues to make it's pages worse and worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Updated the Events page of randomselect.ie on facebook.

Tempest doesn't actually mention what games we're playing :)
    Could someone update that event so it has SSFIV and a 3S side tourney? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Clash X counter has it's own, so i won't make one but will link to it later.
    Cheers! :) I posted a link on the CXC FB page to a couple of other sites, including RandomSelect.ie
    Facebook continues to make it's pages worse and worse.
    Actually, given how message-spammy some FB pages have been in the past, this is a very welcome change for me.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

x1LQe.png

Gave the youtube page a bit of a fancy-ing up. Going to start working on proper annotations and tags as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

food for thought for myself and my fellow yt people.

Kneecap, I will do a new OP over the next week, little busy right now with work travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

food for thought for myself and my fellow yt people.
    I was wondering why you were responding to your other videos now!

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »
    I was wondering why you were responding to your other videos now!

Yeah, I've done a couple of other things as well, going to start leaving subscribe annotation in the vid (out of the way of the action) as well.

that box4box thing I detailed above is great too. If someone subscribes to my channel now (and it's not like I am huge but I'm getting a solid 1-5 subs every day) the person subbing gets recommended to sub to you, ladno, kiki, onion, mordor etc. it's cool that even if you have no videos yourself boxing someone you like might lead to them getting subs.

You wait and see, we'll get hound stev0 and Cobelcog sponsorship deals yet :D

Kneecap, I will do a new OP over the next week, little busy right now with work travel.

I DEMAND YOU DO IT NOW!

Nah. I'll pm you and edit later or something, time to go to ye old pube now.

Random point for Doom: None of the DOC4 vids are appearing in my "Subscription" tab on Youtube, despite being subscribed to you for ages.

I can see them on your channel, but only there.

This wasn't true for the Dragonslayers vids, or even the Gamma Wavemiliation video.

That's youtube's problem, nothing I can do about it.

That website is shocking for it's clearly untested changes.

Freddiew complains about that al the time, the way around it is to do facebook updates. (Which is reportedly dodgy enough too...)

The best thing to do I think, Is to create a decent article on Randomselect.ie, With the top videos of each embedded, and full play lists linked.

And then share that, around the web, rather than direct linking a playlist etc, because this will drive traffic to our site, and help get our name out there, which randomselct.ie really needs.

I'll get onto it.

and help get our name out there, which randomselct.ie really needs.

I'll get onto it.

Even I can't spell it.

If you do a search for "Marvel vs Capcom 3 tournament" at the moment, the second hit is a match between Onion and Chuey.

From sodding day 1, damnit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

If you do a search for "Marvel vs Capcom 3 tournament" at the moment, the second hit is a match between Onion and Chuey.

From sodding day 1, damnit :D
    3rd hit for me. #2 is Justin Wong vs Marn!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

"Garbage lolz"

ruddy youtube comments :P

Could someone do a INFERNO XX THIS WEEKEND post for rs.ie so I can facebook/ tweet it etc?

• Advertisement

Could someone do a INFERNO XX THIS WEEKEND post for rs.ie so I can facebook/ tweet it etc?

Shazam!

http://randomselect.ie/?p=3508

If people would be so kind as to like this page so zen will be all "wow this doctor doom's videos go down well" I'd appreciate it. :)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.415581879976.60206.126073299976&type=3

I've just sent a voice message to every single Irish person who has played a ranked match in MvC3 on xbox live.

"Hi, I saw you are playing Marvel, I'm from the Irish fighting game scene, our website is randomselect.ie we run tournaments in Dublin Belfast Cork Limerick all over the country, thought you might be interested, so check it out, our forums are linked at the top, good luck"

Would anyone like to do it for PS3?

I've just sent a voice message to every single Irish person who has played a ranked match in MvC3 on xbox live.

"Hi, I saw you are playing Marvel, I'm from the Irish fighting game scene, our website is randomselect.ie we run tournaments in Dublin Belfast Cork Limerick all over the country, thought you might be interested, so check it out, our forums are linked at the top, good luck"

Would anyone like to do it for PS3?

Jesus, that's awesome man!

Advertisement