Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulcerative colitis cramps VERSUS labour pains

Options
  • 10-09-2011 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all

I have had ulcerative colitis for ten years, and have had my fair share of ups and downs with it. I am now six months pregnant and doing great, but I have a question for fellow female sufferers who have had babies. How does the pain of ulcerative colitis cramps compare to the pain of contractions? I like to think my pain threshold is quite high given the agony this illness has caused me, and that this will set me in good stead for childbirth, which might not be so bad by comparison. But I strongly suspect this is wishful thinking. Especially if I end up with a really long labour... Anyhow, all thoughts welcome please.

Papsita

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CeeCee

Hi,

Give me childbirth ANYDAY. I have UC and am suffering with it quite bad at the moment following a fantastic pregnancy were I felt brilliant. Got a fairly bad flare 4 months postpartum which my consultant told me to expect. Childbirth was painful but was a completely different type of pain, completely manageable and nothing as rotten as UC pain.

Best of luck x:)

Advertisement