Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend somebody - bio cycle septic tank waste

Options
  • 10-09-2011 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi. Can anybody recommend somebody to do this - the prices im getting is around 200euro.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

€200 doesnt sound that bad for whats involved to be honest, and the fact thats its over 200 yearly to maintain a byocycle unit. ( pity its not included in that :( ) But that price every 15 or more years. not so shabby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Don't understand the question! are you being quoted €200 for desludging your Bio cycle or for the annual mainternance?
    Desludging at that price is cheap, annual maintenance is a bit on the steep side , around 150 would be the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Don't understand the question! are you being quoted €200 for desludging your Bio cycle or for the annual mainternance?
    Desludging at that price is cheap, annual maintenance is a bit on the steep side , around 150 would be the norm.

do you get a third party to maintain?

I used to,but do it myself now, only a matter of washing out the filter and cleaning the impellor on the air and water pump, no big deal only for the sh1t but I'm married for thirty years so used to sh1t!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

That price was for emptying the tank. But apparently the guy who called out said that the tank was dead and needed to be deactivated with e.Coli. Which he added to the tank. He flushed out the drains also when waste had built up slightly. He said that my tank should newer be emptied and with enough ecoli the tank will always break down. I was charged 125 euro. I do not pay any maintenance. We have the tank around 7 years and this is the first time this needed to be done. Any body else do this? One septic tank removal person said that he never heard of adding ecoli before and his words were - that all that i bull.

• Advertisement

A tank can die, the level of bugs falls to low so the tank does not work properly, usually caused by too much of, water, detergents, bleaches, .
    Traditionally some roadkill would be thrown in and away ya go , have done this myself a few times.
    I know a lot about sh!t, what does that say?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

Wellboytoo - if only you could turn **** into money!

Advertisement