Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninja 250 vs Cbf 125

Options
  • 10-09-2011 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello there. I'm a 19 year old lad from greece :p. I'm going to get a bike soon enough, one of the 2 in the title, but i can't for the love of god pick one.What i want the bike for, is to commute for about 20km, and then another 20 km (bac)per day,, cause that's how much far my university is.
    So i also want the bike for 3-5 years :p

if i get the cbf 125, i'll get it brand new. What i've heard so far, is that it's quite nice, good for new drivers, really economic. Some people however tend to tell me "it sucks big time, it's like a small bike with fairing, it's not good at all fromevery perspective" so idk. People also tell me, that i'll get bored of it, for not being so fast.

About the ninja 250, i heard it's good quality wise, powerfull compared to the 125cc and kinda economic too. I've heard the seating is not super comfortable, and i am myself questioning it's ability to manouver through cars...so..what do you think guys :) ?

thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭sleepysniper

TheDio wrote: »
    Hello there. I'm a 19 year old lad from greece :p. I'm going to get a bike soon enough, one of the 2 in the title, but i can't for the love of god pick one.What i want the bike for, is to commute for about 20km, and then another 20 km (bac)per day,, cause that's how much far my university is.
    So i also want the bike for 3-5 years :p

if i get the cbf 125, i'll get it brand new. What i've heard so far, is that it's quite nice, good for new drivers, really economic. Some people however tend to tell me "it sucks big time, it's like a small bike with fairing, it's not good at all fromevery perspective" so idk. People also tell me, that i'll get bored of it, for not being so fast.

About the ninja 250, i heard it's good quality wise, powerfull compared to the 125cc and kinda economic too. I've heard the seating is not super comfortable, and i am myself questioning it's ability to manouver through cars...so..what do you think guys :) ?

thanks in advance!

The Ninja for sure. You'll get bored of the 125 CBF a lot quicker than the 250 Ninja.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheDio

What about comfort wise though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

What about comfort wise though?

drove one few weeks back testing something for the owner but still cant make my mind ...maybe was just too light for me . Capable good looking 250...and seen some tall drivers on them too.

20km up and down its not really big distance anyway....250 is narrow format and easy enough to maneuver through traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

I would definitely recomend the ninja 250 (or even the cbr/cbf 250), I ride a ninja and find it really comfortable, but it depends on how tall you are. Under 6 foot its the business, but taller than that you may find it a little cramped. Try get to a showroom that would have a ninja (eg. bikeworld in Dublin) and sit on one, see how it feels

however i can spend 3000 euros at an extreme most. The new cbf costs 2550 and has helmet,gloves,alarm system, anti theft device, and jacket , in the same price, while a decent USED ninja would cost 2800-3000 without any of these :/. Idk the new gear sounds tempting.

• Advertisement

Do you think i could resell the cbf in a good price after a few months or a year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Do you think i could resell the cbf in a good price after a few months or a year?
    No. Second hand 125 market is not great. If you buy new you'll take a serious hit on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

20km is a fair enough spin for a 125. What kind of roads would you be on? If it's in anyway main road 80km/hr+ it'd have to be the 250 for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

A black Kawasaki Ninja 250 beats the cbr, no questions.

Thanks guys...from what i've read i wanna buy the ninja 250, although it might be more expensive with the gear..but i do not know if i can trust a used bike. how many much km is good/ok on a used bike?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

If youre going with a 250, keep in mind that for the Ninja, anything older than 2008 would need to be restricted if youre on a provisional. And the same goes for any cbr 250 older than 2011

What would your choice be if i said, Ninja 250 vs cbf 250 ;) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

i didnt try the cbf 125 but i did try a cbr 250 and a ninja 250, from the same dealership with only a cup of tea between trying them out,

I preferred the ninja as it felt a little better on the road and didnt feel as cheap when i sat on it, also in the looks department my preference is the ninja,
    But the cbr 250 has technology behind it, you can get it with abs etc which is nice if you are starting out as it may stop you getting into trouble also honda motors are known for being almost bullet proof.. but also the instrument console on the cbr is by far nicer than the ninja, it is a nice lcd display whereas the ninja is analogue dials.
    I am 5,11 and 85kilos so average height build etc and i find the ninja fine for my daily commute (35KMs) but i find i cramp up on anything longer than 80-100KMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

A 125 is great for around town, but would be boreing/tiring for a 20 mile commute.
    The only reason I can think of using a 125 for a 20 mile commute is fuel economy.

I know that you get a good deal when you buy the CBF125 new from a Honda dealer, but you probably won't get much for the bike when you sell it on second hand.

A Ninja will not loose as much value, even though you buy it second hand to start with.

OP - did you get a quote for insurance for the two bikes.
    I would recomend you try Quinn Direct's online Quote, to see the difference in price for the two bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

I have a CBF250 for sale .Lovely bike.See Adverts.ie

Thanks guys, every1 of you ! all your info have been great :) hopefully i'll get a ninja bike soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Make sure you pick yourself up some crash mushrooms if you get the ninja.
    I have seen far too many lads getting similar first bikes and when the inevitable drop happens, the bike gets left in the shed because they can't afford to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

why limit yourself to only those. i have a hornet 250 and they are comfortable, nippy enough and decent looking imo. or an aprilia rs 125 is a really nice bike.

Advertisement