Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub in Cork city!

Options
  • 10-09-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi, I am new in Cork just move here from Limerick, so hope someone can help me find sum nice pub in city center with Irish people, it need be bit crowded, maybe life music, or not haha cause I tried An Brog three times, and absolutely hate that most of the people are german or spanish. By the way one of my friends is only 20 so need pub where she can get in :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

Why don't you hire a time machine and return to the middle of the 20th Century? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DeleveleD

Hi, welcome to Cork.

You might not have noticed, but there's a lot of foreigners in these parts as there's quite a few big companies who have their combined international support and developement teams here in Cork. Also there's a university with a good number of international students.

I could recommend you some pubs that play nice live music and have quite a few Irish lads and gals going there. But seeing as you don't want to be around them aliens, it might be best you stay out of the city center altogether and look for smaller pubs in the suburbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Dan Dare wrote: »
    Why don't you hire a time machine and return to the middle of the 20th Century? :eek:

You can rent time machines? Post a link please.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DeleveleD

cork45 wrote: »
    You can rent time machines? Post a link please.

http://www.timemachinerental.com/

Always happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kriiss

I just read about The Bailey bar, seems really good, anyone bin there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

kriiss wrote: »
    I just read about The Bailey bar, seems really good, anyone bin there?

i love the place but gets too crowded, costigans across the way is good, im even partial to a bit of boogie in cubins:o

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Bailey is over 21s (or used to be?)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭badgerbaiter

Would like to knw if u find any good spots?
    Im new to cork too so technicly im a foreigner from the faraway lands of clare :-) haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

Counihans on Pembroke Street is really good - real fire in the winter - nice crowd - tends to get very crowded for major football matches

Also try Bru on McCurtain Street - really relaxed vibe - very international customers - good music sessions and a great selection of international beers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

jacko1 wrote: »
    Also try Bru on McCurtain Street - really relaxed vibe - very international customers - good music sessions and a great selection of international beers

The OP hates this. S/He is looking for a pub with only Irish folks in it. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Teangalad

Sin E?? maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Teangalad wrote: »
    Sin E?? maybe

Nah - you often get foreign types in there. That's why I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Teangalad

An bodhran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lilymc

Preachers on Washington Street
    The Pavillion just off Patrick Street
    Tom Barrys on Barrack Street
    Fionn Barra on Douglas Street
    The Old Oak on Oliver Plunkett Street

I'm 20 and this is where I drink in Cork. I don't know what type of place/music/scene you're into but either way do at least try them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

im headin down there at the weekend as part of a golf society bou 20 of us so looking for places to go staying in the maldron so any good places around there....any ideas places with music and a bit of craic !!

Advertisement