Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag rugby in Cork city/suburbs?

Options
  • 10-09-2011 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Hey guys! Really interested a tag rugby team in Cork area, something different like! Does anyone have any info? I've tried google and am getting nowhere!!:o:o:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

try astro.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

http://www.tagrugby.ie/

Played for the first time in Cork Con, played 6 games, really enjoyable once you get the basics and some semblance of tactics. some teams and players take it really, really seriously though which can tend to detract from your enjoyment of it a tad. but same can be said of every sport i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 totoro_kid

Hey, I'm in a tag team up in Highfield. We're always looking for new players especially lads. We aren't too serious - love when we win but have a few pints afterwards whether we win, lose or draw. We have one or two weeks left in the current league and then its over 'til next summer. If you're interested PM me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

the autumn league in CIT ran by astro.ie was due to start this wed but was put back a wk. check that out might be people looking for players

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Roar wrote: »
    http://www.tagrugby.ie/

Played for the first time in Cork Con

Played in Cork Con for the past 3 years and it's a great spot to play, great atmosphere and it's nice having the bar there for a few drinks afterwards. I've played in a few spots around Cork (including CIT) and Cork Con is the best in my opinion. There's not much social side to the league in CIT, the organisers tried to get people to go to Mc Carthys bar afterwards, but seeing as there's no bar onsite I think they found it really hard. When we played there most of our team just headed home. In Cork Con, you can go to the bar, have a drink and sit and watch the other games which are taking place.

If you're not part of a team already you can contact tagrugby.ie and they can find you a find, I know they also have a 'Find a Team' function on their website; it's a great way of meeting people. I play with the company I work with, otherwise I'd offer you a place with us, sorry!

Good luck with it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Thanks guys! Hopefully will find a team needing a player!( A very bad player!):o

Advertisement