Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need pal if I am going to shoot HD?

Options
  • 10-09-2011 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

I am thinking of buying a Canon xa10 camcorder and can buy one in the States the NTSC version is 2000 and the pal version is 2300 dollars but if I am going to shoot in HD does it make any differance?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Filmag

cram1971 wrote: »
    I am thinking of buying a Canon xa10 camcorder and can buy one in the States the NTSC version is 2000 and the pal version is 2300 dollars but if I am going to shoot in HD does it make any differance?

Hello it depend where you want to distribute your final work. Difference NTSC vs PAL in HD stream is only frame rate. PAL 25p and 50i or p. NTSC 30p and 60i or p. Additionaly SD had different number of displey lines. So if you gonna use your video only in web you do not need cenvert your material. But if you want make dvd's or BD check your player support diffrent frame rates if no you must to convert material to 50i or any other pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bennz

Why buy in the states when you can get it here cheaper?
    Canon XA10 €1799

www.simplyelectronics.net/Canon_XA10
    Free Insured Delivery to Ireland! Great Price - Call on 01 484 5943

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭cram1971

I actally order one from them last weekend, waiting for it to be dispatched not the quickest on deliveries

Advertisement