Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats happening in the docks?

• 10-09-2011 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

Over the past few days iv noticed they have been bringing in loads of massive steel cages, to me it looks like the makings of a ramp for a jetty..possibly for the flying boats??

Here's a picture

SAM_0309.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are turning the People's Park into Thunderdome. They will round up all the scum, locking in there and let them kill each other until there is only one left standing. When he/she looks to be left out he/she then gets a shot to the head.

thunderdome.jpg

Either that or what the OP said.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

The content inside the steel cages is what is of importance.
    The steel frames are only to hold whatever is been shipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

It's just so pictureseque. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

It could be that the the Clarion hotel complained that the pile of hegarty scrap was getting a bit small and the limerick port authority had to import some more steel pronto.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

the cages wern'e brought in by the ships, they were brought in on the back of a truck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

dave 27 wrote: »
    the cages wern'e brought in by the ships, they were brought in on the back of a truck

Maybe they're being sent off on ships?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Limsupporter

Mc Love wrote: »
    Did you read the OP? :D

Yep and if you re-read the OP you will see he is saying what it looks like to him - I am meerly confirming OP's guess.

Yep and if you re-read the OP you will see he is saying what it looks like to him - I am meerly confirming OP's guess.

Ministry of the bleedin' obvious :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ministry of the bleedin' obvious :rolleyes:

Jeez man, all I'm doing is posting a link to back up OP's theory. Come on down off that high horse.

Jeez man, all I'm doing is posting a link to back up OP's theory. Come on down off that high horse.

Yeah I know but thats what he suggested, you are just suggesting the same thing :rolleyes:

Yeah I know but thats what he suggested, you are just suggesting the same thing :rolleyes:

No he suggested it - I confirmed it. My last post on the stupid argument.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

No he suggested it - I confirmed it. My last post on the stupid argument.

You confirmed nothing, to be honest. You just linked to an article written six and a half months ago. The OP had already suggested that as a possible explanation, so you offered nothing new really.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

I really hope its Bazz's option. :):) Thunderdome would be like a new UFC haha and the last scumbag standing in the dome, Raffle him off and let the winner of the raffle kill him in the most painful way possible. I so so like that. Unfortunately its just a dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

why cant it be the simple explantation maybe there is a supervillain about to build a monstor sized robot to help him take over the world;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Its got to be something manufactured locally thats being shipped out..I passed them being transported by truck and them seem to come in off the bypass so might expain why foynes wasnt the port of call...im sure they will be leaving this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 piebalz

Long time lurker here, don't want to name the company I think may be involved, but it looks like a skid unit that has been under construction by themselves for the past while. Only saw it the once when passing their workshop and if you place about 4 or 5 of them 1 on top of the other, you'd get the idea. It has been broken down for transportation. Again not sure where it's going but have been told it's going on an oil rig or something similar!
    Hope this helps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Christmas tree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Monorail.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

bazz26 wrote: »
    Monorail.....

I hear those things are awfully loud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! dont waste the monorail on this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

It's the Mayor's great plan to ship all the foreigners back to their countries, thus reducing the unemployment. :D

(old discussion: http://www.limerickblogger.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3303&p=1 )

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

What an ignorant statement to make and to even imply that foreign workers are part of our economical difficulties shows a lot of stupidity on your behalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

source wrote: »
    I hear those things are awfully loud.

It glides as softly as a cloud

hightower1 wrote: »
    It glides as softly as a cloud

Is there a chance the track could bend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Is there a chance the track could bend?

Not on your life, my Hindu friend!