Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday Night Astro (boals goals 7pm)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I had a terrible game too :( The last 3 days caught up with me I think and I am feeling it in the legs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

im still freezing lol ..names for next thursday???

1. oranbhoy67

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Congrats to whoever it was that hit me in the belly from point blank range, I was wearing 2 tops and still got a perfect ball-print on my gut, panels and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 BranViet

Hey guys - registered here today to see if I can get in on this game next thursday? Been reading here, or rather the Donegal and ylyl parts for an age, never felt like posting.

Anyway, ive a game im a regular at tuesday and thursday - when im not at work, but think im going to move on from it. Plus its in Lifford and cba with the drive. Any room for a newb? Dont want to take a reg's place like. I play rain snow sun or storm usually, tis only work that means ill not be available.

BranViet wrote: »
    Hey guys - registered here today to see if I can get in on this game next thursday? Been reading here, or rather the Donegal and ylyl parts for an age, never felt like posting.

Anyway, ive a game im a regular at tuesday and thursday - when im not at work, but think im going to move on from it. Plus its in Lifford and cba with the drive. Any room for a newb? Dont want to take a reg's place like. I play rain snow sun or storm usually, tis only work that means ill not be available.

Get your name down on any of the days you want to play its open to all :)

• Advertisement

1. oranbhoy67
    2.LW

Why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

IPAM wrote: »
    FYP :pac:

Sorry bout tonight lads, had a stinker :mad: hopefully better on Tuesday

dammit stupid posting on phone
    DrPhilG wrote: »
    Congrats to whoever it was that hit me in the belly from point blank range, I was wearing 2 tops and still got a perfect ball-print on my gut, panels and all!

were you in nets at the time? if so wasn't me! if you were standing way to the left or right of the goal it could have been

well Thursdays are usually the hardest to get people for so you are more than welcome to play any week, same goes for Tuesdays, first come first served basis.

as far as last night goes.... my fecking ribs are killing me!

still a great game though, so much more running and time on the ball with 5 a side!

danniemcq wrote: »
    you in nets at the time? if so wasn't me! if you were standing way to the left or right of the goal it could have been
    side!

Lol, no I was outfield at the time. Blocked a shot from somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

so even when you aren't in nets nobody can score!!!

danniemcq wrote: »
    so even when you aren't in nets nobody can score!!!

I didn't even play that well in nets last night. Must have conceded twice as many as last week.

And what's the craic with this "2 goals and you're out" rule?

Surely if the keeper wants to stay put and nobody else is dying to go in, let him be? ;)

I mean if someone is playing well up front and banging in the goals, nobody says "Ah that's 2 you've scored now, get back in defence..."

I'm just looking for excuses to stay in, too fat and lazy for this running around crap. (except when you're in nets...)

• Advertisement

Id say if you want to stay in nets that fine by me anyway.

I think the rule was made cos some people try & avoid going in goals.. it was to give everyone a fair shot of playing out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I didn't even play that well in nets last night. Must have conceded twice as many as last week.

And what's the craic with this "2 goals and you're out" rule?

Surely if the keeper wants to stay put and nobody else is dying to go in, let him be? ;)

I mean if someone is playing well up front and banging in the goals, nobody says "Ah that's 2 you've scored now, get back in defence..."

I'm just looking for excuses to stay in, too fat and lazy for this running around crap. (except when you're in nets...)

Because it makes it fair! It has always been the case of 2 goals and your out...

Think on it the other way too, someone like me who is crap in nets 99% of the time, yet I still know I have to take my turn in nets as crap and all as I am in there...

I thought you played well last night when outfeild:confused:

Oh yeah lads before I forget, yer one behind the counter in boals was chatting to me and IPAM last night and said we have been "switched" to a new slot on Thursday nights, it'll not make a huge difference though, might open it up a bit to people who couldn't make it at 6.30, who knows *shrugs*

The new time is 7pm!!!!!

Was it from the free kick where the ball was laid off? If so I apologise!

New time of 7pm!!!!!!!!

1. oranbhoy67
    2. LW
    3. Homer

I thought you played well last night when outfeild:confused:

So did I, scored 2 and then skulked back into nets!

Think on it the other way too, someone like me who is crap in nets 99% of the time, yet I still know I have to take my turn in nets as crap and all as I am in there...

Definitely understand it in terms of everyone having to take their turn when nobody wants to, but in my case I prefer nets. So if nobody else wants to go in (except maybe for a breather now and again) and I'm not overly fussed on going out, why not let the keeper stay?

Mind you, I'm only a snotty newbie so I'll do as I'm telt!

Was it from the free kick where the ball was laid off? If so I apologise!

Can't remember the build up, it was slightly to the left (our left) of goal and about 2 yards outside the box. Didn't feel that bad at the time but it was when I got home and peeled off for a shower that the missus spotted it. Still there today, it's a cracker!

New time of 7pm!!!!!!!!

1. oranbhoy67
    2. LW
    3. Homer
    4. DrPhil

Your lucky it wasnt one of they balls that we used to use at school.. mouldmasters i think they where called ??

Plastic things with dimples on them..like a basketball... a whack from one of them on a freezing cold morning used to leave an imprint on you for weeks & thats no exagerration!

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Your lucky it wasnt one of they balls that we used to use at school.. mouldmasters i think they where called ??

Plastic things with dimples on them..like a basketball... a whack from one of them on a freezing cold morning used to leave an imprint on you for weeks & thats no exagerration!

I have one of them at the house, I can bring it next week if everyone is man enough! :pac:

I have one of them at the house, I can bring it next week if everyone is man enough! :pac:

If you do im not coming :) i looked up online to see if anyone else thought they where as bad as i remembered & i came across this on the gurdian website i think the guy writing it sums them up perfectly

" Mitre Mouldmaster
    It's a fact that, by the time you have finished reading this entry, your hands will have instinctively drifted down to cover your nether regions. The Mouldmaster does that to a person; it was the Candyman of footballs. Parents and schools loved it because it was relatively cheap, and it was certainly nasty. Up and down the country there are millions of Mouldmaster Vets, bearing the tattoo of its rough, basketball-coating on their inner thigh, whose eyes glaze over as they recall the time they went to war. Unless you have felt the stinging kiss of the Mouldmaster during a PE lesson on a witheringly cold day, while wearing shorts that amounted to little more than a piece of elastic and in an environment that was a torture camp in all but name, you cannot truly say that your time on this earth has been justified.
    It's a serious oversight that it isn't used as a tool in police interrogations: any fool would sing like a canary rather than have that beast boinging off their skull at high speed. This said, the Mouldmaster had some hidden benefits. Sweet-spotting a half-volley into the business area of a bête noire was a teenage experience only exceeded by the discovery of a swearword in a foreign language. And, as one internet forumista recalled, "on impact, as the ball rebounded off my bollocks, the surge of pain allowed me to unleash a 20-yard screamer into the top corner, before I collapsed in agony on to the red blaise." Hands up who can relate to that."

Cheers guys. Ive this night off work so unless something happens you can chalk me up for this week. Anyone going from Blacks I live round the corner from it, so let me know...

1. oranbhoy67
    2. LW
    3. Homer
    4. DrPhil
    5. BranViet

• Advertisement

Cheers guys. Ive this night off work so unless something happens you can chalk me up for this week. Anyone going from Blacks I live round the corner from it, so let me know...

1. oranbhoy67
    2. LW
    3. Homer
    4. DrPhil
    5. BranViet
    are you offering a lift branViet or looking for 1?? cos theres usually 1 or 2 ( or 3 :) ) of us looking from a lift from blacks.. myself included :)

Aye - ive room for 4 more sure. tbh, ill need someone to tell me which direction im going in. Aint sure which ones Boals are.

good man.. ill get you at 6:45 @ blacks on thurs.. im sure there will be one or 2 more with me too.. we will guide you there :)

Just to bump this. Need 5 more!

Just to bump this. Need 5 more!

Might need to make that "need 6"...

I may well have to work. Not sure yet but best to take my name off for now rather than drop out late.

Phil

bump

we desperatley need some players for this lads

cmon get signed up :)

1. oranbhoy67
    2. LW
    3. Homer
    4. BranViet

doesnt look liike this is happening unless we have a late rush of names... cmon lads what else would you want to be doing on a thursday night..????????? :)

Disaster!

Whats the cut off point to when its called off if it comes to that?

Disaster!

Whats the cut off point to when its called off if it comes to that?

I Know ! i dont think we`ve arranged to have a cut-off point yet but maybe something we could look into!

It will be dissapointing if we dont get enough players.. but i think with the weather turning theres too many fellas wanting to sit-in in front of the fire watching eastenders ;):)

• Advertisement

Say maybe 5 O Clock? But I suppose we can call it depending on numbers closer to the time!

That could be it! A bita rain won't melt ya like!

Advertisement