If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

47W550T v UE40D6530

Options
  • 10-09-2011 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Have both of these tv's in mind. wondering which would you choose??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Taz,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Both excellent TVs, few lil differences though between the two that might help you decide.

The Samsung is a 200hz screen, where as the LG is a 100hz screen. I wouldn't say this is a massive issue. Motion would be slightly better on the Samsung.

One massive selling point for the LG is you get 7 pairs of glasses free with the TV! Now the LG does use passive 3D technology, where the Samsung uses active shutter technology. Check the link below for more info on each:

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/samsung-lg-active-shutter-fpr-201102181029.htm

A selling point for the Samsung is being able to record from your TV on to a external hard drive. The LG allows you to only playback media from USB.

The Samsung also has WiFi built in so it can connect directly into your wireless network. With the LG you need to buy the dongle or connect it via a ethernet cable to your router for net access.

Some of this is probably a bit hard to take in, a hard decission to make too. Both excellent TVs.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards.
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

Tell you what sure if you gimme a price for both it might just sway me one way or the other!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Tazzz.

The Samsung UE40D6530 is £769.95 and the LG 47LW550T is £869.95.

I Know Chris was pointing out the differences to you but if you would like the larger screen, the LG is a brilliant buy.

I much prefer the passive 3D to active as I would hate to have to spend £70 everytime I broke/lost a pair and I also don't like the fact that you have to make sure that the glasses are always charged or have batteries.

If the room is better suited to a 47" then you would be better to go for the LG.

The LG 42" version of the same TV above is £759.95 so it's slightly cheaper than the Samsung.

We can't currently ship the Samsung as stock availability is poor.

I hope this helps, but if you have any other queries, please let me know.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

Sorry I should have mentioned that 3d really isn't something I'm very interested in. I'm purely looking for 2d preformance. I have seen the 6000 series in action and have been impressed. Where as I am only goin on pure reviews on the w550t. Think that might sway me to the samsung!! Thanks for your help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.