Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Notebook graphics card

Options
  • 10-09-2011 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Well lads (& Ladies)

I just got myself a sweet notebook (15"), really nice specs! But the only problem is the graphics card sucks! Its an integrated intel media accelerator.

So I was wondering is there any way I could buy a half decent independent graphics card and install it?

Or would it even be worth the hastle just to play games like Minecraft and CS:S on full settings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

chiloutus wrote: »
    Well lads (& Ladies)

I just got myself a sweet notebook (15"), really nice specs! But the only problem is the graphics card sucks! Its an integrated intel media accelerator.

So I was wondering is there any way I could buy a half decent independent graphics card and install it?

Or would it even be worth the hastle just to play games like Minecraft and CS:S on full settings

I don`t think there is any pci-e slot on that notebook I am afraid, so upgrade is not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭chiloutus

Greyfoot wrote: »
    I don`t think there is any pci-e slot on that notebook I am afraid, so upgrade is not an option.

Damn, you're right...so is there any way I could squeeze anything more from the integrated graphics I have?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

chiloutus wrote: »
    Damn, you're right...so is there any way I could squeeze anything more from the integrated graphics I have?

I don`t think there is any OC software out there for integrated cards. Sorry mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It can be done, in some cases, but is a really bad idea.

Advertisement