Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catalunyan Craft Beer

• 10-09-2011 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

So, I was in Barcelona for a few nights at the end of August, after walking around for about an hour and seeing a hundred "Oirish" bars, we went into one, got a drink and asked the barman to recommend a few places that weren't Irish bars.

He gave directions to a few places, but a few cervesas later we got lost and stumbled upon a small bar, with music that wasn't too loud, and wasn't very busy, so we went in.

My habit of looking in the fridge behind the bar before ordering really paid off this time, saw this on sale and stayed for a couple.

It's called Almogaver Cervesa Artesanal.

It's a nice dark red beer, fruity hop flavour and obviously bottle conditioned.

The picture is huge, so I won't embed it.

Just thought it would be interesting to post. :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Interesting, I've never seen that before.

I love the colour of it. It almost looks undrinkable, yet so natural :P. It sounds Spanish.

I'd be surprised if the Porter House didn't have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Fart wrote: »
    It sounds Spanish.
    It's not, it's Catalunyan. Try telling a Catalan they are Spanish, and see what happens ;)
    I'd be surprised if the Porter House didn't have it.

It's not, they don't export to UK/Ireland. I asked them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I love the colour of it. It almost looks undrinkable, yet so natural :P. It sounds Spanish
    Looks like homebrew.

Des wrote: »
    It's not, it's Catalunyan. Try telling a Catalan they are Spanish, and see what happens ;)
    Yeah, they're a bit touchy about that alright. :)

Des wrote: »
    It's not, they don't export to UK/Ireland. I asked them :)
    I wonder if the BeerNut has tried it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Nope. The Cervesera Artesana brewpub in Barcelona is about the height of my Catalan beer experience. I hear there's quite a vibrant beer scene there though.

I secretly hope not, it's one of my life goals to drink a beer he hasn't tried, and I think I may have realised it this time :pac:

• Advertisement

BeerNut wrote: »
    Nope.

\0/

WOOO!!!!

:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I will get to it :mad:

Advertisement