Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Oval

Options
  • 10-09-2011 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here lives in that estate. Passed through it only once and must say I thought it was beautifully laid out. I considered moving to Ballincollig recently, but am now having doubts. Mount Oval seems a nice alternative. What's the demographic profile of the people who live there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Tremelo wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone here lives in that estate. Passed through it only once and must say I thought it was beautifully laid out. I considered moving to Ballincollig recently, but am now having doubts. Mount Oval seems a nice alternative. What's the demographic profile of the people who live there?
    Under 40s who paid way over the odds for their houses , and are depressed about it now :D
    Problem for me with mount oval is your driving everywhere from it nothing good except down the hill in douglas.
    Place can be like a ghost town during the day when everyone is at work.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Tis a nice spot but a nightmare for traffic.
    Only one road out AFAIK and a load of people trying to get to work at the same time.

I had considered moving there but people I know advised against it because of the traffic issues.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,902 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Every morning 96fm traffic report mentions Mount Oval - nightmare I would say. If you work 'strange' hours I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

All the houses are a painted finish. If you were considering buying I woudl be worried about the long term finish of the houses, they are going to look very shabby. Even now they look a bit shabby.
    Traffic would be a bit of a nightmare in the mornings if you're looking to hit the city for 9am in the morning. Grand if you're getting in for 8am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 son of bofh

Lived there for a couple of years after moving out from Douglas. Traffic certainly was a nightmare - if I wasn't out the door before 8.05am then I was in for a long wait getting onto the Rochestown Rd. In fact it was as quick to cycle into the city by taking the path over the old railway from Rochestown and up Centre Park Rd through Marina. Pub is soulless. But it was a quiet place and don't ask me how many times I forgot to lock my car, yet it was always untouched in the morning. If you don't need to travel in the rush hours then you'd do a lot worse elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement