Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift ideas for our 2 year anniversary

• 10-09-2011 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

It's me and my boyfriends 2 year anniversary next week..
    He was behind the organizing of it and wanted to surprise me, it was all being kept a secret from me but last week he said his plans fell through and he wasn't able to plan what he wanted and he was sorry.. Now I don't know whether this is him messing with me so I'm even more surprised on the day or else his plans did actually fall through.
    I loved the fact he wanted to organize something and was fully on board for doing whatever he wanted, but if his plans are ruined, i really don't want to let the day pass without doing anything!

Now, we are both unemployed students, we both have very little money but thats fine by both of us. Neither of us are overly materialistic but obviously we still like being made feel special.

I want to have something planned as a kind of back-up-plan so to speak.
    Being skint makes this oh so difficult though.
    I'm an O2 customer and have been trawling through the treats all day, so far I have the possibility of: Buy 1 get 1 free meal, a free photography session (but i'm not sure he'd really be up for that at all), 4quid cinema tickets, 2 for 1 tickets on tickets for the Dublin eye thing- that big massive wheel, and 2 scoops of 'Gino's Gelato' ice-cream for the price of one :P

I feel bad though because I have absolutely no solid gift bought or prepared for him, he's difficult enough to buy for. He can be very easily satisfied, as in he doesn't see the point in over the top/expensive things. He could happily sit in and watch tv with a pizza, and it's more me wanting to mark the occasion.
    He's not very soppy or cutesy so ideas like photo collage's or coupley gifts would be a bit of a waste i feel..

Whats the nicest gift you received off a significant other?
    Or what cheap yet meaningful gift ideas have you got?

THANKYOU!!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sarahmc09

Also, I'm 20, he's 22. If that helps. He lives in Dublin and we'll be spending the day there doing whatever it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

hey ya! i am also trying to rack my brain trying to do something special for my boyfriend in late novemeber we will have know each other 5 years. here's some ideas for you though that i have used in d past wen i was a poor student :-) maybe cook him a nice meal...cheap fairy lights can set the mood...tell him to dress up and u do too makes it feel a bit more special... have a few bottles chilling in the fridge for him and then a dvd for afters.... or how bought bringing him to a gig in town...

Advertisement