Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dashboard bulb broken - fix before test?

• 10-09-2011 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Sorry to post two threads so close together, but I noticed the other day that the dashboard bulb for my left dipped headlight has stopped working. The headlight is still working fine and so is the backlighting and all the other dashboard bulbs. Since the tester will only be checking if the headlights work do I need to get this fixed before my test on Monday evening or can I leave it go a while?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭timogen

rachos89 wrote: »
    Sorry to post two threads so close together, but I noticed the other day that the dashboard bulb for my left dipped headlight has stopped working. The headlight is still working fine and so is the backlighting and all the other dashboard bulbs. Since the tester will only be checking if the headlights work do I need to get this fixed before my test on Monday evening or can I leave it go a while?
    I'm confused as to what is wrong, you have a dashboard bulb for your left front headlight,what does the sign that this bulb lights up look like?
    Are all your lights working on the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭rachos89

it's a little green light shaped like the headlight. the one on the opposite side of the dashboard, for the driver's side dipped headlight, is still lighting up and the headlights themselves are working fine, it's just this one bulb that's gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭timogen

it's a little green light shaped like the headlight. the one on the opposite side of the dashboard, for the driver's side dipped headlight, is still lighting up and the headlights themselves are working fine, it's just this one bulb that's gone
    I could be wrong but i really dont thing this is an issue for your tester,it is not a bulb he will be looking for.I think it will be only the warning lights on start up (airbag,oil,battery and engine light and so on)and this is not one of them bulbs.you should be ok.Even saying that i've never had my headlights checked,just indictors and brake lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Dont put on your lights during the test. & even if you did most cars only have one light to indicate the headlights are on so i doubt the tester would think there was anything amiss should they even look.

What kinda car are you driving btw? I've never heard of seperate instrument cluster lights for each headlight bulb. Seems a bit pointless & odd to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭ADIDriving

Don't worry. You will be ok with that. So long as there are no warning lights on and your actual external lights work there is no issue. As it is cars generally don't have such a light, so the examiner would not be bothered by a light that they can't see in your car and would not have been looking for anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Marks Motoring

Does your car have front fog lights?, my car uses that symbol to indicate their on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭rachos89

Thanks for all the advice everyone!Had my test today and passed so delighted :D

Advertisement