Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heads up: Shooting trolly/range cart in Aldi :)

Options
  • 10-09-2011 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭

Ive been looking at shooting trollies for a while now as when I go to the range ive alot of stuff between a big twin rifle case, 5.11 range bag, ammo, peltors etc.... it all adds up and means more than 1 trip from the car.

So far the only thing that Ive seen has been not worth the cost (http://www.doublealpha.biz/range_carts/combo-multi-rolly-bar) as I always though that I could build it cheaper... until yesterday.

While walking through Aldi I saw for €35 euro a workzone Aluminium exrtendable trolly that I know I can use to do the job. The trolly is able to hold 150 kg (more than enough) and comes with a 3 year warrenty (so keep your reciept.

Having bought the trolly and assembled it (Simple tools are provided) I can see that this thing is built very well and no way could I have made it for €35. I will however be putting a seat on it and a few other bits.

While I was in Aldi I only saw 1 other trolly so i dont know how long they have been there but there was a mini ratchet/bungie cord set for under a tenner that I snapped up too (bungies will tie things down nicely)

DSCF20251.jpg

Sorry guys .... I have pics but net connection is too slow so only gonna upload 1 pic

GH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

depends on your game. Don't think it would be much good on some IPSC ranges I've been to. DAA one's good as you can sit down too. "beach Rolly" is another great one I've seen at many ranges across Europe. saucy money though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

packas wrote: »
    depends on your game. Don't think it would be much good on some IPSC ranges I've been to. DAA one's good as you can sit down too. "beach Rolly" is another great one I've seen at many ranges across Europe. saucy money though.

For €35 euro though Ill be putting a seat on it and still will have money to spare Vs the €240 plus shipping on the above link.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

I can confirm that you can pull 12x boxes of pellets, 50 tins per box on this trolley.

Thats about 125-130 kg :eek:

demonloop wrote: »
    I can confirm that you can pull 12x boxes of pellets, 50 tins per box on this trolley.

Thats about 125-130 kg :eek:

I did a little dance/jig on it when I assembled it so i knew it was good for 110 kg :P

GH

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭intbn

hi gunhappy_ie

how did ye get on with your trolly?
    I picked up a Hand Truck from them, same brand a few weeks back and the telescopic lock on the handles f00ked, and on it's first use! actually, better still, on testing it in the gaf:D
    good thing too, I was gonna carry all me DJ gear in with it tomorrow night, can ye imagine it goin on the way in the pub!:o

it was only a 20 euros so happy days, it'd still be cheaper to fix it with a bolt each side than get another one, I wouldn't mind gettin me hands on one eh them bad boys though, was it a good buy?

• Advertisement

It was a great buy :) I used it for unloading/loading the van for a while before I took the wheels off and put them on the bottom of a wooden tool chest that I have. That alone saved me over €60.

Ive 2 wheels that I got off a hand cart somewhere for free so they are going on when I get a chance, other than that though its thrown in a corner of the work shop as a "project" haha Ill get around to it soon.

GH

intbn wrote: »
    hi gunhappy_ie

how did ye get on with your trolly?
    I picked up a Hand Truck from them, same brand a few weeks back and the telescopic lock on the handles f00ked, and on it's first use! actually, better still, on testing it in the gaf:D
    good thing too, I was gonna carry all me DJ gear in with it tomorrow night, can ye imagine it goin on the way in the pub!:o

it was only a 20 euros so happy days, it'd still be cheaper to fix it with a bolt each side than get another one, I wouldn't mind gettin me hands on one eh them bad boys though, was it a good buy?

Advertisement