If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Cinema Recommendation

Options
  • 10-09-2011 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi,

Would appreciate if you could recommend a system for me please.

Our set up is as follows:
    - Panasonic plasma G20b TV
    - PS3
    - Humax Foxsat
    - Sited beside dsl modem

Requirements:
    - 5.1 or equivalent in separates
    - blueray
    - FM tuner
    - Internet capability (to watch RTE Player)
    - Budget is 350-400

Many thanks.

W.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi William.

Cheers for the post.

The issue that I have is with the RTE player. I don't currently have any equipment that are guaranteed to play RTE player.

Your best option from a sound front would be :

Yamaha RXV367 - £149.95.
    Yamaha NSP285 - £99.95
    LG BD660 - £119.95

The LG player has the network capability but at present, I can't verify that it works with the RTE player.

The total for this would be £389.85 including delivery and you may need some cabling for this, depending on what you may have already.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bgaughan

hey Dave.

can you please advise me on the following

I would like to get a samsung blu-ray 2.1 player to replace my 5.1 DVD. the thing is I have a UPC digital service that I would like to play through the new unit.

1. is this possible

2. can you advise on what unit I should consider

thanks

Hi there,

Unfortunately we don't stock any Samsung 2.1 systems.

Check out the Onkyo below though, it's a nifty little unit. Can also be upgraded to 5.1 if you ever decided to go back. Has 3 HDMI inputs so you're all good.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/onkyo/htx22hdx/onky-htx22hdx-blk

Regards.
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Dave, might be interested in the Yamaha RXV367 or even the Onkyo TS XR308 and was woondering if you could answer a question about them. If I were to connect the video of a dvd player via component to the receiver and the audio via coax or optical - how can I get the receiver to play the audio AND feed the video to a projector at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tonyfillony

just a quick point , you can use rte player on the ps3

• Advertisement

Hi Kinga, long time, no hear.

The TXSR308 is finished now and replaced by the 309.

Niether of these receivers upscale component to HDMI.

If the projector has a component input then I would consider taking the picture direct on a component cable and taking an optical / coaxial output to the receiver.

If you do want to go into the receiver and then out again, you can assign a digital input to the same input as the component video. eg. Bluray input setup on the amp would read : Video Input - Component and Audio Input : Optical

I hope this helps.

ATB

Dave
    kingaaa wrote: »
    Dave, might be interested in the Yamaha RXV367 or even the Onkyo TS XR308 and was woondering if you could answer a question about them. If I were to connect the video of a dvd player via component to the receiver and the audio via coax or optical - how can I get the receiver to play the audio AND feed the video to a projector at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

Hi William.

Cheers for the post.

The issue that I have is with the RTE player. I don't currently have any equipment that are guaranteed to play RTE player.

Your best option from a sound front would be :

Yamaha RXV367 - £149.95.
    Yamaha NSP285 - £99.95
    LG BD660 - £119.95

The LG player has the network capability but at present, I can't verify that it works with the RTE player.

The total for this would be £389.85 including delivery and you may need some cabling for this, depending on what you may have already.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

Thanks for the reply.

Just checking, is it possible to just connect speakers (including surround) to the G20 TV or would I need an amplifier?

Many thanks,

William

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

william wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

Just checking, is it possible to just connect speakers (including surround) to the G20 TV or would I need an amplifier?

Many thanks,

William

william,

apologies for the late response - we are playing catch-up at the moment :o

The Panasonic G20 does not have the facility to connect speakers directly - you would have to go via an amplifier or an AV receiver..

We have a great range of AV receivers - have a browse here
    http://www.richersounds.com/products/home-cinema/home-cinema-separates/av-receivers and give us a shout if you see anything you fancy - if we can do anything on the price for a Boardie, we will do :D

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Kinga, long time, no hear.

The TXSR308 is finished now and replaced by the 309.

Niether of these receivers upscale component to HDMI.

If the projector has a component input then I would consider taking the picture direct on a component cable and taking an optical / coaxial output to the receiver.

If you do want to go into the receiver and then out again, you can assign a digital input to the same input as the component video. eg. Bluray input setup on the amp would read : Video Input - Component and Audio Input : Optical

I hope this helps.

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave
    is there a receiver out there that will upscale component and composite to hdmi?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Dave
    is there a receiver out there that will upscale component and composite to hdmi?

Kingaa,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Lots of them - the they start with the Sony STRDH820 at £249.95...delivery would be £12.95 countrywide..

Give me a shout if you are interested in this or need any other recommendations??

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi John,check out my post in the pioneer 2020 thread and see if you can sort me out

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.