Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unpaid work experience

• 10-09-2011 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I garduated in may as a chemical engineer. I have been looking for work since with no avail. From the interviews i have partaken in the feed back is i do not have the work experience other candidates do. My plan now is to look for a company to give me 6 weeks two months work experience unpaid. Has any1 else taken this route. Was it worth it. And also does any1 know what social welfare i get for this. Is it just the usual job seekers allowance??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jaymacgray

It can be beneficial in some cases as far as making you more employable. However, it's an experience most people will not like. A lot of companies who take on people to work for free are basically using them for free work. Also working all week and finding there is no reward whatsoever at the end of it isn't very appealing.

Advertisement