Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from cycling adverts for six months :(

Options
  • 10-09-2011 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

hi i have been banned from the cycling adverts for six months

i was unaware that forwarding a tread from adverts to show a person what i have to sell as they were looking for something in that area was wrong, thinking lovely maybe i could help someone here and myself.

so il explain my case, me and my friends (15) of them to be right are saving our butts off to travel to OZ and were off loading are stuff computers, phones, old watches, bikes, cars or anything to make a few bucks on, were not looking to make or rip anyone off because we wont get rid of much going that way, we think selling things we got for a bargain will get the ball rolling fast and as im the guy with the only computer left i get stuck to off load things, i saw by chance cycling adverts that people were looking for bikes, road bikes in fact thats what eight of my friends are looking to get rid of, the mods thinks im a dealer and am trying to do business but im far from one, im leaving this country to get work and wouldnt bother my if i did have a business, none the less, i can understand why they would think that, but knowing my story WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK!!!!! :confused: do you think that was harsh, im trying help people find decent bikes for decent prices and thats helping us off load our bikes, in which we all win. i need help!!!!!!:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Thing is robgti, the first rule in the cycling adverts forum is that if you don't duplicate adverts (ie. you don't advertise there and elsewhere). In every forum on the site, you're meant to read the forum charter before posting in the forum. Not reading the charter isn't a defence against breaking the first rule of the charter. So I can't overturn the ban because it's perfectly reasonable. Your only option at this point would be to PM the mods and ask them for leniency.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭robgti

Sparks wrote: »
    Thing is robgti, the first rule in the cycling adverts forum is that if you don't duplicate adverts (ie. you don't advertise there and elsewhere). In every forum on the site, you're meant to read the forum charter before posting in the forum. Not reading the charter isn't a defence against breaking the first rule of the charter. So I can't overturn the ban because it's perfectly reasonable. Your only option at this point would be to PM the mods and ask them for leniency.

For some reason I tought there was a link with the two sites and didn't think it was that bad never mind 6 months ban, well that aside, I'm not a business or a dealer, that's why I got banned, I've been accused something I'm not. And to ask for leniency!! Ok I fecked up with not reading the rules for the tread, a warning would of being ok, this is not judge and jury stuff, I messed up I said sorry to the mods is that not good enough?? if I new were he lived I would send flowers and chocolates ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

robgti wrote: »
    Ok I fecked up with not reading the rules for the tread, a warning would of being ok, this is not judge and jury stuff, I messed up I said sorry to the mods is that not good enough?
    That's not down to me rob, it's down to the mods in question. They're within the forum charter to ban you; it's down to them as to whether or not they go easier on you in light of your explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭robgti

any mod's out there pity me enough to lift the ban :( pplllllllzzzzzzzzzzz with suger on top

Advertisement