Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby ban

Options
  • 10-09-2011 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Banned for 'trolling' by 'Des'. I pm'd him but in 3 days he hasn't gotten back to me, despite his posting since then.

No explanation of what my supposed 'trolling' was.

The only posts I made were a thread saying Declan Kidney's selection policies had ruined the Irish team. Every single poster in that thread (over 350 replies) bar one called 'MaryKing' agreed with me and echoed my sentiments.

The only other posts I made were in a thread on the Irish/USA fixture this Sunday, saying it was a foolish decision of Kidney's to rush Darcy back from a calf strain, and citing two instances he definitely played injured players before, one of which was Darcy himself.

How this constitutes 'trolling' is beyond me. You can of course go through my posts yourself to reach your own conclusions, but to me it is yet another bizarre decision from the Rugby sections moderators.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭forlorndonkey

The Declan Kidney thread I referred to in my opening post, that had swelled to nearly 500 replies, has been deleted. You can still see it though as moderators and administrators.

Oddly enough, this deletion has come in the wake of an atrocious performance by Ireland against the USA, in which Kidney's selection policies (the subject of the thread) are the focus of the blame by both the posters on boards.ie, and the pundits on television. I wonder why the thread was deleted?

Have all you moderators and administrators gone on holiday or something? This thread has been up for days, any chance of entering it and sorting this out before the World Cup ends?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Investigation is ongoing. Be patient please.

Khannie wrote: »
    Investigation is ongoing. Be patient please.

Investigation? I only made 10-15 posts. Surely you could just spend 2 minutes reading them the and sort this out quickly?

No. It's not that simple.

• Advertisement

Khannie wrote: »
    No. It's not that simple.

It is that simple. I can see what's happening here, you're going to string me along until the World Cup is over, and then you're going to tell me the ban's been upheld.

Forget this stupid process then. Uphold the ban, I'll go and post somewhere else where moderators don't randomly ban people. Interesting to note that there are three rugby section queries on the front page of this section alone. What does that tell you?

It is that simple. I can see what's happening here, you're going to string me along until the World Cup is over, and then you're going to tell me the ban's been upheld.

Forget this stupid process then. Uphold the ban, I'll go and post somewhere else where moderators don't randomly ban people.

There's a flaw in your logic. If I was going to uphold your ban, I'd just uphold your ban. If you want to believe that there's some stringing along and you want to post elsewhere that's fine. I'll stop looking into this and close it as resolved.
    Interesting to note that there are three rugby section queries on the front page of this section alone. What does that tell you?

It tells me that the RWC is on and that people are predictably breaking rules.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement